2 to Bees, or not 2 to Bees......? - Brentford (H) 30/11/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: 2 to Bees, or not 2 to Bees......? - Brentford (H) 30/11

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:35 pm

Lennon on Radio Manboobster after the Brentford match wrote:Going through a bad period is a good thing because without being bad you can’t get better. And we need to get better which we can if we try hard enough and get a bit of luck to push start us and use it as a platform.
I brought [Gary] Madine in because I knew he was a shit player and he’s proved that I know what I’m talking about. Without Madine we might have had a comfortable start to the season and then the only way after that would have been down.
But now with a win, we will change the entire way we have been heading. A win will launch us because we are capable of some interesting things. It’s just getting that win.
I won’t mention the financial situation because that will just sound like an excuse, but having players not being paid doesn’t help our cause. Especially when those players who aren’t being paid are as useless as Gary is.
And the ref didn’t help. Well he did, actually, but that would just be another excuse so I won’t use it.
We keep knocking on the door but some fxcker keeps slamming it in our faces. But that can’t go on, otherwise we’ll have no faces left.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:54 pm

Any news on Clayton's injury?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:04 pm

Looked like a dead leg to me.

#yesiamnotadoctorer
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:08 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Do Tarkowski, McCormack and O'Connel do cage fighting as a hobby? Either football rules have gone to the dogs along with us, or tonight's ref is a man out of work. If Madine did call the boss man a prick, what does it say about the club spirit? When we get football lessons from teams like Brentford it's time for the scouts to have a look at Bolton Combination, maybe even Queens Park, Hulton Lane and Moss Bank. Diabolical. Oh, and at least Pratley, limited as he is, tried as did Wheater.
There's no way we can complain about the ref after that one! Though despite Vela doing his best to give one away i'm not convinced theirs was a pen. I was screaming "dooooon't at Vela a full 3 seconds before he got to their guy and fully expected the ref to point to the spot; however, the TV angles are inconclusive and there is no way you react the way their guy did if there had been contact.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:12 pm

Seems it were not 2 to Bees.

Which was nice.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:14 pm

Indeed - and young Davies is lucky that he isn't on his way to jail this afternoon. A scandalous challenge - a true leg-breaker.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:19 pm

Prufrock wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Do Tarkowski, McCormack and O'Connel do cage fighting as a hobby? Either football rules have gone to the dogs along with us, or tonight's ref is a man out of work. If Madine did call the boss man a prick, what does it say about the club spirit? When we get football lessons from teams like Brentford it's time for the scouts to have a look at Bolton Combination, maybe even Queens Park, Hulton Lane and Moss Bank. Diabolical. Oh, and at least Pratley, limited as he is, tried as did Wheater.
There's no way we can complain about the ref after that one! Though despite Vela doing his best to give one away i'm not convinced theirs was a pen. I was screaming "dooooon't at Vela a full 3 seconds before he got to their guy and fully expected the ref to point to the spot; however, the TV angles are inconclusive and there is no way you react the way their guy did if there had been contact.
I was actually talking about specific incidents with the three stooges above and not the overall game.. Their treatment of Ameobi and Madine was beyond belief at times. Quite how they got away with that is a baffler.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:30 pm

Prufrock wrote:There's no way we can complain about the ref after that one! Though despite Vela doing his best to give one away i'm not convinced theirs was a pen. I was screaming "dooooon't at Vela a full 3 seconds before he got to their guy and fully expected the ref to point to the spot; however, the TV angles are inconclusive and there is no way you react the way their guy did if there had been contact.
Very similar chez DSB. You could see Vela's intent for imminent wallydom.

The ref had a strange game.

Their defenders were indeed all over us - Tarkowski was determined to get booked, by foul or dissent – while that baldybeardy nutjob McCormack was being a w*nker all game, as usual.

Mark Davies is 27.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:43 pm

For the goal I think we had 4 in the box plus the crosser, with Danns obviously outside. I suppose because of shitness in front of goal we're going to have to try bundle things in with sheer weight of numbers

A goal though!!!
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:50 pm

Athers wrote:For the goal I think we had 4 in the box plus the crosser, with Danns obviously outside. I suppose because of shitness in front of goal we're going to have to try bundle things in with sheer weight of numbers
At times in that second half, with Madine/Shola/Dervite/Wheater, it was like we had Battersea Power Station in the box. Only slightly less mobile. But here's the thing: it nearly worked.

Here's another thing. We're 10th in the division for number of attempts on goal, but dead bottom for attempts from outside the box. And from whence did last night's (perhaps somewhat fortuitous) attempt come?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:56 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote: from whence did last night's (perhaps somewhat fortuitous) attempt come?
The same place that Gary "I'm having a shot you fxcking prick" Madine's came. Which probably explains the statistic somewhat.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:02 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote: from whence did last night's (perhaps somewhat fortuitous) attempt come?
The same place that Gary "I'm having a shot you fxcking prick" Madine's came. Which probably explains the statistic somewhat.
We're bottom for attempts on goal from outside the box, not attempts on target from outside the box. Whether a wild lash (Madine) or a welcome bobbler-in (Danns), only 32% of our 12.8 shots per game come from beyond the 18-yd box. (Reading are top of that stat with 59% - and us and Blackburn are comparatively miles behind third-bottom Huddersfield's 38%.)

It's not the world's most amazing stat, but it's slightly interesting. Has someone found Allardyce's old proclamation that Thou Shalt Not Shoot From Outside The Box?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:02 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
We're bottom for attempts on goal from outside the box, not attempts on target from outside the box. Whether a wild lash (Madine) or a welcome bobbler-in (Danns), only 32% of our 12.8 shots per game come from beyond the 18-yd box. (Reading are top of that stat with 59% - and us and Blackburn are comparatively miles behind third-bottom Huddersfield's 38%.)

It's not the world's most amazing stat, but it's slightly interesting. Has someone found Allardyce's old proclamation that Thou Shalt Not Shoot From Outside The Box?
We're probably bottom of the attempts on target from outside the box stats too!
The only major difference between Madine's and Danns' jobs was the fortuitous placement of a wooden post on the latters flight path. Both were wild swings with absolutely no native satnav programming. One flew up and one flew down. If Danns's had flown up at the same angle as it flew down then we'd'a had'a competition similar to Bezos and Musk's.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:05 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Vertigo wrote: 1. Their goal was actually very nice.
It was taken very nicely by a lad who simply trotted through from midfield unchecked. He looked like a pheasant popping out of a hedgerow the way he simply took a few steps forward.
That wasn't in isolation either. They waltzed through at ease most of the match. There was a huge gap between the centre halves too.
I'd argue it was their good team play that got them the goal rather than useless defending. Seems like we've lost that attacking team chemistry more than anything.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:03 pm

Vertigo wrote:Seems like we've lost that attacking team chemistry more than anything.
A lot of it is confidence. I often find comparisons pointless, but last night I noticed how seldom any of our lot seemed to want the ball like Brentford's did. If he's passed the ball, Mark Davies will try to find a way forward – but he doesn't go looking for it like I'd want a hungry player to. Danns is similar. Pratley once again looks lost out on the flank – he's less of a left-winger than Norman Tebbit. Like a few in the team, if he gets the ball he'll try his best, but he doesn't seem to want it.

Last night only Ameobi, Feeney and Casado seemed to want to get the ball and make things happen, whereas all Brentford's players - even the keeper, with the least convincing combover since Bobby Charlton gave up pretending, was happy with the ball at his feet. For ours, it's the proverbial hot potato - which inevitably ends up with your attacking strategy being dictated by David Wheater, who's a lovely bloke and very determined and all, but he's not exactly Hierro is he?

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:25 pm

Jugs wrote:Any news on Clayton's injury?
Club said it was his hamstring. The match highlights show Clayton doing the splits and then holding the back of his leg. Lets hope it is a strain rather than a tear.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.