Must be nearly Xmas when Slade turns up. Cardiff (H) 05/12

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Must be nearly Xmas when Slade turns up. Cardiff (H) 05/

Post by jmjhb » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:50 pm

Our disciplinary record must be the worst in the division by far.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:52 pm

Claims of a Jones handball come to nought and Pilkington bangs it home. We had the chance to lead two minutes ago and now they lead....again. Ten minutes......Vela, Madine....they clear...Amos clears. We go again and.....get a free kick. And....and.....sod Matt Mills, mic man, .....as they get a goal kick. Eight left and.....Heskey, Danns, Feeney and....wins a corner. And.....another....no, a throw....and it comes to naught. COME ON YOU WHITES... Ameobi two come on for the Bluebirds. And.....when mic man decides to tell us what's happening....Heskey, Danns, Casado, Dobbie and Heskey leapt like a salmon to.......miss. Cardiff bringing the club bus on to see it out as Connely gets booked. And.....Marshall scrambles it clear. They come, we clear, they reclaim and win a corner. And they dolly about and.....we get a free kick off Jones? Five mins extra.....COME ON AND....they clear and....Casado gets the secong booking and first in the bath. Great. Ten men now and four mins. We really are gripping sticks by the shxxty end. Marshall has to save from his own man and.....we go, they clear, mic man rambles about....oh, wait and....don't bother. Marshall clears now and......and Swardzlck replaces Feeney? And it's all looking a lost cause but......but.....we just get a throw. Amost wallops it and ....and......it's all over. 2-3.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:52 pm

jmjhb wrote:That's 1 win in how many games now?
1 in 23 league games. 11 draws. 14 points from half a season's worth.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:55 pm

We've been crying out for a Striker,and overloaded with defenders! Now we are just crying! And very loudly..

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:59 pm

You just have to pray that this takeover happens and we sack Lennon asap. This is his side with mostly players he signed and we are awful.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:00 pm

Take a look at today's scores in the Championship! It would have been difficult to predict any one of those! Crazy league this season. :crazy: :crazy:

domino_sm
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by domino_sm » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:06 pm

jonnycooper wrote:We've been crying out for a Striker,and overloaded with defenders! Now we are just crying! And very loudly..
I hope you are saying this in jest, defenders don't let easy goals in. We do not have any defenders. we do not have any goal scorers, just to top it off our midfield is no better than non league. Gutted.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:13 pm

domino_sm wrote:
jonnycooper wrote:We've been crying out for a Striker,and overloaded with defenders! Now we are just crying! And very loudly..
I hope you are saying this in jest, defenders don't let easy goals in. We do not have any defenders. we do not have any goal scorers, just to top it off our midfield is no better than non league. Gutted.
Sorry my mistake! The word crap should have been inserted just after with! :spank:

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:15 pm

Got a gut feeling that result has just made administration more and more likely.

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:19 pm

Dobbie missed an absolute sitter shortly before Cardiff made it 3-2, if he put that away we could have nicked the three.

The defence was a shambles and no improvement from the Brentford game. We look unfit and completely devoid of pace.

Apart from his well taken goal Madine was awful, work rate was terrible and probably only won 10% of his headers.

Motm was their number 8. Bossed the game. Our best player was Pratley, Danns tried but after that the rest were awful.

New owners, new manager and new start required ASAP.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:20 pm

DJBlu wrote:Got a gut feeling that result has just made administration more and more likely.
If that means we can get rid of the entire bunch of shitc*nts and play the kids, I'm all for it

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:24 pm

At what point does Lennon become responsible for our performances and results? Finances can't be blamed all the time as we have one of the higher wage bills in this league and Lennon has now signed most of this sorry lot! It's his job to get performances out of these so-called professional footballers and he's failing miserably.Bad luck only plays a small part.Not suggesting anything! Just asking the question! :conf:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:26 pm

A question for the match goers. The commentators claimed we played very well. It sounded like a good game. What's the truth?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:43 pm

Dobbins miss probably the most critical thing in the game. But they were the better side overall in terms of attacking threat.

If we manage to find new owners they surely cannot risk letting Lennon have any potential money in January, I assume we will still be counting pennies even then and Lennon's judgement has been demonstrably awful.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:44 pm

Yes, we played very well. After the first equalizer I said to my mate that I thought we were watching West Germany 1970! Heads did not go down except for a time after 2-3. It was a bit breezy and it drizzled a bit but I thought it an excellent game, except for the three goals we let in, and we bossed it for large sections even if they always looked more likely. As soon as I saw his name on the team sheet I knew that t.watt would score! The annoying thing was that just before their first and third goals we had gilt edged chances to score. How we missed I just do not know. Madine should've buried the ball for the first, couldn't see the second, but unmarked from three yards out....

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:46 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:A question for the match goers. The commentators claimed we played very well. It sounded like a good game. What's the truth?
I thought it was a entertaining game. We were unlucky(?) not to get something out of it. 100% committed but lack quality.

The Dobbie miss was a real blow as 2 minutes later they go up the other end and score. Casado took the first yellow card for the team as their player would have had a decent scoring chance. I was at the other end of the pitch for the second yellow but it looked like they would have had 4 on 2 after Dobbie lost it on the left wing.

Playing Ameobi and Madine up front, I was hoping Moxey and Feeney would have got down the wings and crossed the ball from decent positions. Neither got much joy from their full backs. That left us floating balls up to the two forwards who didn't win too many in the air.

Overall I am disappointed with the result.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:47 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:A question for the match goers. The commentators claimed we played very well. It sounded like a good game. What's the truth?
We played OK. We played a very flat, rigid 4-4-2. Ameobi and Marine are too similar but unless we gamble with one of the kids that's our only really option. Joe Ralls (their No. Eight) ran the show in the middle of the park but it seemed Lennon did not do anything about it. Pratley and Danns in the middle worked their socks off but in a midfield two one must sit and one must go forward, that didn't happen and it left out fragile back four unprotected.

I'd be surprised if Cardiff make the top 6, they were average and nothing special. The Dobbie miss at 2-2 was the game changer.

The defence needs work, they can be stretched so easily and teams seem to get in behind time after time. I put that down to the lack of pace and the line being too high. We need adequate protection because at the moment they seem exposed.

We need a new manager with fresh ideas and can organise us as a defence unit from front to back and go back to basics to grind out some results.

Match verdict: Lennon out!

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:50 pm

Just back. Deflated..

All three Cardiff goals were to easy. Letting players come inside with no challenge and balls rolled across the box.. To easy.

Great goal from Madine.

We need players in ASAP. We are just to soft centred. Cadburys cream egg FC.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:53 pm

enrdentw wrote:
We played OK. We played a very flat, rigid 4-4-2. Ameobi and Marine are too similar but unless we gamble with one of the kids that's our only really option. Joe Ralls (their No. Eight) ran the show in the middle of the park but it seemed Lennon did not do anything about it. Pratley and Danns in the middle worked their socks off but in a midfield two one must sit and one must go forward, that didn't happen and it left out fragile back four unprotected.

I'd be surprised if Cardiff make the top 6, they were average and nothing special. The Dobbie miss at 2-2 was the game changer.

The defence needs work, they can be stretched so easily and teams seem to get in behind time after time. I put that down to the lack of pace and the line being too high. We need adequate protection because at the moment they seem exposed.

We need a new manager with fresh ideas and can organise us as a defence unit from front to back and go back to basics to grind out some results.

Match verdict: Lennon out!
I feel Lennon is doing his best with the resources at his disposal but the organisation bit is very true. I am not saying we are a shambles but virtually every team that comes to the Macron has better shape and more organised. The Birmingham game was prime example. They score a goal and we have no idea how to break them down. They defend as a unit not individuals.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:55 pm

ChrisC wrote:Just back. Deflated..

All three Cardiff goals were to easy. Letting players come inside with no challenge and balls rolled across the box.. To easy.

Great goal from Madine.

We need players in ASAP. We are just to soft centred. Cadburys cream egg FC.
For non-match goers the goals we conceded were an absolute joke. Like watching a 15 year old beat his 3 year old nephew on FIFA and said nephew doesn't know the close down, speed and tackle buttons.