Must be nearly Xmas when Slade turns up. Cardiff (H) 05/12

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Must be nearly Xmas when Slade turns up. Cardiff (H) 05/

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:58 pm

Even under the circumstances the form is beyond abysmal.

Just no excuses. Lennon isn't up to this job. Whether we find someone who is, entirely a different matter. But Lennon has been an unmitigated disaster.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:59 pm

enrdentw wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Just back. Deflated..

All three Cardiff goals were to easy. Letting players come inside with no challenge and balls rolled across the box.. To easy.

Great goal from Madine.

We need players in ASAP. We are just to soft centred. Cadburys cream egg FC.
For non-match goers the goals we conceded were an absolute joke. Like watching a 15 year old beat his 3 year old nephew on FIFA and said nephew doesn't know the close down, speed and tackle buttons.
and not for the first time this season...

the days when Lenny was praised for his awesome finds of Prince and Derik seem like a looooooong time ago...

and - is Vela REALLY a right-back?

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:06 pm

enrdentw wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:A question for the match goers. The commentators claimed we played very well. It sounded like a good game. What's the truth?
We played OK. We played a very flat, rigid 4-4-2. Ameobi and Marine are too similar but unless we gamble with one of the kids that's our only really option. Joe Ralls (their No. Eight) ran the show in the middle of the park but it seemed Lennon did not do anything about it. Pratley and Danns in the middle worked their socks off but in a midfield two one must sit and one must go forward, that didn't happen and it left out fragile back four unprotected.

I'd be surprised if Cardiff make the top 6, they were average and nothing special. The Dobbie miss at 2-2 was the game changer.

The defence needs work, they can be stretched so easily and teams seem to get in behind time after time. I put that down to the lack of pace and the line being too high. We need adequate protection because at the moment they seem exposed.

We need a new manager with fresh ideas and can organise us as a defence unit from front to back and go back to basics to grind out some results.

Match verdict: ( Lennon out!).

Oooh!! That's the first time I've seen those 2 words put together this season!

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:06 pm

thebish wrote:
enrdentw wrote:

All three Cardiff goals were to easy. Letting players come inside with no challenge and balls rolled across the box.. To easy.

Great goal from Madine.

For non-match goers the goals we conceded were an absolute joke. Like watching a 15 year old beat his 3 year old nephew on FIFA and said nephew doesn't know the close down, speed and tackle buttons.

the days when Lenny was praised for his awesome finds of Prince and Derik seem like a looooooong time ago...

Played really good today Vela for me. Got himself about and linked up well going forward.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:09 pm

ChrisC wrote:
thebish wrote:
enrdentw wrote:

Great goal from Madine.

Played really good today Vela for me. Got himself about and linked up well going forward.
good to hear it - I had feared that playing him back there out of position week after week would set him back and damage his development/confidence...

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:15 pm

thebish wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
thebish wrote:
enrdentw wrote:

Great goal from Madine.

good to hear it - I had feared that playing him back there out of position week after week would set him back and damage his development/confidence...
Steady... He was an improvement on Monday night but to say he played really good is a tad over the top. His positioning was poor and he was caught of position a few times. Playing him right back also shows off his lack of pace.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:15 pm

Just meh. We defended poorly and were wasteful up front.

Stephen Dobbie ... how did he miss? :conf:

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:26 pm

thebish wrote: good to hear it - I had feared that playing him back there out of position week after week would set him back and damage his development/confidence...
IMO Vela is way overrated....just another of our very average players

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:57 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:A question for the match goers. The commentators claimed we played very well. It sounded like a good game. What's the truth?
There was no lack of effort but we had two chances on the edge of the six yard box which should have broken the net. We missed both of them. Couple that with conceding three soft goals and that was the difference. All in all, it was an entertaining game but we were second best.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Shutt666
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Shutt666 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:06 pm

enrdentw wrote: Match verdict: Lennon out!
Not sure if this is said in jest, serious or a bit of both, but have people started to feel this? Especially those that turn up week in week out.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:20 pm

ChrisC wrote:
thebish wrote:
enrdentw wrote:

Great goal from Madine.

Don't think Vela was terrible but I certainly wouldn't say he was 'really good'. 6 out of 10 at best for me.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Where was Mark Davies?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:22 pm

Jugs wrote:Where was Mark Davies?
1 match ban for 5 yellows.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:36 pm

Criminal that we came away with nothing, Tango. There was more endevour out there today than I've seen in a long while. However, we simply can't defend as a unit and I'm sick and fecking tired of seeing the opposition's players score against us from positions in which they don't have a white shirt anywhere near them, having arrived there completley unmarked and unchallenged. Dobbie's miss is amongst the worst I've ever seen. If someone playing for the Ring o' Bells B Team had missed it they'd never get to hear the last of it, yet this man is supposedly a professional Centre Forward. Read also Heskey's missed header: If a player can't head a fecking made-to-measure cross on target then what can he hit the target with? That's the thing that's pissed me off the most about both, that they didn't even hit the target from inside the six yard box.

Danns was m-o-m for me, his best game in a long, long time. Terrific strike from Madine but for the rest of the game he reverted to type.
May the bridges I burn light your way

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:39 pm

In a strange kind of way I enjoyed the game, even though we lost. Quite entertaining, although we have no defence whatsoever! Dervite is awful, Vela has no pace, Wheater is ok and Casado an accident waiting to happen. Best man for me?...Feeney, he gets a lot of stick but he works really hard. First half we gave it a good go and we were well in the game at half time. 2nd half, I think we gave up a bit and that last 10 minutes there was just nothing in the tank...they had given up.
Verdict...we're not good enough for the championship, if you can't beat a mediocre Cardiff side at home, well......
PS That ref was an absolute joke!!!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:50 pm

3 soft goals conceded. The second was unbelievable.

A well taken opportunity by Devitte, kept a cool head. Cooler than some forwards I'd prefer to forget. Super long shot curler by Madina .... and 3 golden opportunities missed. The 2nd minute header by Madina was stunning. Utterly unbelievable. Our worst missed sitter for weeks & weeks .... rapidly ousted from that spot by Dobbies on 80 minutes. How the fck he managed to miss that will haunt me for months. Between those the pin-ball which seemed to last a full minute around the 43rd.

All that is detail. What saddens and amazes is that we appear to have no-one with grit. No bite. No b@stard. No Gerry Taggart, McGinley, Nolan. No leader at all. No-one willing to hurt or be hurt. No-one actually feeling hurt by the results or the position we're in.

I can live with the current dilemma in which we find ourselves. I can't live with the appearance that we have no-one who cares ... really, really cares.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:59 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
thebish wrote: good to hear it - I had feared that playing him back there out of position week after week would set him back and damage his development/confidence...
IMO Vela is way overrated....just another of our very average players
just trying to let Bobo down gently! :wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:00 pm

bobo the clown wrote:3 soft goals conceded. The second was unbelievable.

A well taken opportunity by Devitte, kept a cool head. Cooler than some forwards I'd prefer to forget. Super long shot curler by Madina .... and 3 golden opportunities missed. The 2nd minute header by Madina was stunning. Utterly unbelievable. Our worst missed sitter for weeks & weeks .... rapidly ousted from that spot by Dobbies on 80 minutes. How the fck he managed to miss that will haunt me for months. Between those the pin-ball which seemed to last a full minute around the 43rd.

All that is detail. What saddens and amazes is that we appear to have no-one with grit. No bite. No b@stard. No Gerry Taggart, McGinley, Nolan. No leader at all. No-one willing to hurt or be hurt. No-one actually feeling hurt by the results or the position we're in.

I can live with the current dilemma in which we find ourselves. I can't live with the appearance that we have no-one who cares ... really, really cares.
No leader definitely. Spineless and disorganised.

I'm not sure none care. I just think they aren't mentally strong enough to change things so all blame each other, outside events, etc etc.....

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:12 pm

Jugs wrote:Where was Mark Davies?

Sat at home laughing his bollox off, whilst counting his £16,000 a week..................................(well apart from Novembers wage)

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:22 pm

Gary Madine's strike was superb. How that same player has managed to miss an open net from six yards out in every other fcking game he's been in is amazing.

Referee wants lynching too.
Businesswoman of the year.