The Debt.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Re: The Debt.

Post by Athers » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:25 pm

Unfortunately we're in a different league financially too now to Palace - £1.5m loss seems to be racked up every 6 or 7 weeks, not a year.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:25 pm

Chief Brody wrote:Hi, Palace fan here.

Firstly, let me say I would not wish this situation on any club, even Brighton. We have been there twice before and I thank the Lord, the last time has resulted in our ownership by 4 genuine fans with genuine business sense, based on a sound business model. Before our promotion, they worked on a 3 year process. Cover the losses of £1.5m a year for the first two, selling assets in the third to ensure minimal/no debt. In other words, working within our means. This is what we did with the sale of Zaha. Then start over with another three year cycle. Thankfully, we were fortunate to get promotion and we re-set the cycle. The difference is now we are able to generate a profit, rather than incur guaranteed losses.

This relinquishing of control to Nucleus reminds me so much of our loss of control with Agilo Hedge Fund. Simon Jordan did it for the same reasons it seems your board has and am sorry to say I fear for you. We were an hour away from winding-up.

I hope for your sake that there are potential owners out there that mirror our guys. Unfortunately you are experiencing the same chancers and false hopes of people and organisations that will not follow though. You may simply want anyone to step in to save you, beware of this and hope for a genuine bidder who has the club's interest at heart. And that includes sound financial management to the detriment of debt.

All the best and good luck.
Cheers, Chief.

We're gonna need a bigger boatload of cash...

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:32 pm

I blame Elmander for all of this.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:46 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:I blame Elmander for all of this.
I don't blame Elmander as much as I do whoever sanctioned his signing. Moreover, I hold Coyle directly responsible for putting the biggest shithouse that the world has ever seen on £30K a week when there wasn't even one single other club in for him!
May the bridges I burn light your way

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:04 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:I blame Elmander for all of this.
I don't blame Elmander as much as I do whoever sanctioned his signing. Moreover, I hold Coyle directly responsible for putting the biggest shithouse that the world has ever seen on £30K a week when there wasn't even one single other club in for him!
Who was that?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:04 pm

Elmander was probably a half decent signing. The fact is clubs blew more money around the same time on players who made even less impact.

Elmander was a symptom of the increased spending within the game.

When Allardyce left he knew that to progress it would take spending a lot of money in fees. Look at what he spent at other clubs like Newcastle and West Ham. Lots of money for basically the same (or less) return he had at Bolton doing it with freebies on the whole.

The game was moving from a few clubs at the top spending big to everyone spending silly money. There was no longer the market that Allardyce exploited for out of favour players on loans or frees like Youri and Jay Jay. Those players were courted for increasingly silly salaries all over the world and clubs were keeping bigger and bigger squads.

Anelka is a good example. We signed him for 8M and basically nobody in England batted an eye lid despite him being well known over here. A year later Chelsea took him for 15M but if they hadn't someone else would. But they could have easily had him for almost half that price just a year or so earlier.

8M for Elmander was a lot for us to spend. A LOT. But in the grand scheme of spending 8M is an average player. Nothing special. Over his time here, Elmander was that. Brilliant in spells, dreadful in others, overall, probably what you get for 8M in this market.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:11 pm

I'd say 2.2m for Shittu was worse than Elmander...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:45 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I'd say 2.2m for Shittu was worse than Elmander...
+1

But still not as bad as signing four unwanted players on Premier-size multi-year contracts that summer after relegation

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:49 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I'd say 2.2m for Shittu was worse than Elmander...
+1

But still not as bad as signing four unwanted players on Premier-size multi-year contracts that summer after relegation
Like Bruce's big shithouse! Then there's marvellous marvin, I'd go on but would just depress myself.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:18 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:Interesting to see those who told us administration was an impossibility, foretold by financially clueless Feck wits, have gone very quiet. Bravo.
Interesting indeed. In fact apologies are due, but unforthcoming no doubt.
You spoke out against this, no doubt! Care to point out where you did?
You could try Tuesday December 1st 6:34pm on this very thread
What you've leapt to, like a lot on here quite often, is the wrong conclusion... I wasn't asking for an apology to me, but that in fact apologies were due. (when did such simple phrases in the English language get so misunderstood :conf: ).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:40 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:Interesting to see those who told us administration was an impossibility, foretold by financially clueless Feck wits, have gone very quiet. Bravo.

Are we in administration? When was that announced?
Somebody else with a lack of nuanced dialogue. Bijou Bob was on about the possibility versus impossibility of administration. Unless of course by your question you are making a statement that administration is (right now) still an impossibility. Are you?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:11 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Are we in administration? When was that announced?
Somebody else with a lack of nuanced dialogue. Bijou Bob was on about the possibility versus impossibility of administration. Unless of course by your question you are making a statement that administration is (right now) still an impossibility. Are you?

Why don't you decide? I've nuanced it for you.
Last edited by Gary the Enfield on Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:12 pm

I've just got a feeling that Holdsworth's mob will get the club at the 11th hour....

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:22 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:I've just got a feeling that Holdsworth's mob will get the club at the 11th hour....
I haven't. The more I've heard the less I believe they've got the money, which means they'll need to borrow it... but they've got no assets to mortgage the borrowing against. Meanwhile HMRC require a minimum of £600000... which won't be forthcoming until somebody buys the club.
=
(winding up order)*
administration
...then some dubious consortium buys us!

*this step might get bypassed.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:27 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:I've just got a feeling that Holdsworth's mob will get the club at the 11th hour....
I haven't. The more I've heard the less I believe they've got the money, which means they'll need to borrow it... but they've got no assets to mortgage the borrowing against. Meanwhile HMRC require a minimum of £600000... which won't be forthcoming until somebody buys the club.
=
(winding up order)*
administration
...then some dubious consortium buys us!

*this step might get bypassed.
I'm not saying that they have the money, just think that somehow they will come to an agreement with ED that means we avoid administration

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:37 pm

So

Are we still here yet?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:48 pm

officer_dibble wrote:So

Are we still here yet?

That's a bit too subtle for this forum. Unless you're using nuance. LLS will be along shortly to explain.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:52 pm

I know there was a disclaimer, but if the guys in the box with holdsworth last saturday were part of his consortium, I think I'm more worried with the idea of them than I am admin :(

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:09 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:

Are we still here yet?

That's a bit too subtle for this forum. Unless you're using nuance. LLS will be along shortly to explain.
He won't. If you want to play the c*** you can do it all by yourself.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:13 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:

Are we still here yet?

The club can't afford to pay their non playing staff. I get that we aren't in administration yet, but is this really the time to mock people worried about the severity of the situation the club finds itself in?