The Debt.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Debt.

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:37 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I've always thought they could get more involved in the sports science stuff - you know, make it a speciality of the Uni and make them world leaders at it
They're only jut the best Uni in Bolton, and I'm guessing Loughborough might have plenty to counter any proud sports science boasts. As you say though, definitely win/win if they did join forces in that department.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:13 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I've always thought they could get more involved in the sports science stuff - you know, make it a speciality of the Uni and make them world leaders at it - a sort of win/win for the club and town. But I haven't the foggiest as to why they'd be remotely interested in buying us.

Sadly, with the way this is unravelling, I fear there may be a kernel of truth to the hidden debt stuff.
Think Hull attempted something similar when Brown was there. Think they found out quickly it takes a bit more to become 'world leading'.

Firstly you need some world leading research, which takes years to build.

Anyway, the hidden debt thing is more than likely true to some extent. Has been hinted at for a while I guess.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:12 am

FFs. It just gets better. FFP return not submitted and now unable to sign any players. :hang:

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/stat ... 67213.aspx

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:16 am

That's Spotty's transfer thread well and truly shafted! :lol:
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:19 am

Dear me.

So, sell the first-team squad, can't replace it. Looks like youth will get its chance.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:20 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Dear me.

So, sell the first-team squad, can't replace it. Looks like youth will get its chance.
The ban makes no difference. We'd not have been signing anyone at all anyway.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:25 am

oh no - it all starts on 27th December!!

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:26 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:FFs. It just gets better. FFP return not submitted and now unable to sign any players. :hang:

We are a joke of a club from top to bottom - We had no money to sign players anyway so it doesn't really make much of a difference, but this may be yet another issue to put off potential investors - how the fcuk has this once proud club been allowed to decline to this sorry extent.

What the fcuk has the chairman, board & owner been doing for the past few years - the whole club is a shambles, they need to be held accountable.

Lets go into administration, we're going down anyway - take the hit now (as it can't really get much worse than it is now) & start all over again hopefully with a new chairman & new owner who actually may know how to operate & manage a football club.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:28 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:FFs. It just gets better. FFP return not submitted and now unable to sign any players. :hang:

We are a joke of a club from top to bottom - We had no money to sign players anyway so it doesn't really make much of a difference, but this may be yet another issue to put off potential investors - how the fcuk has this once proud club been allowed to decline to this sorry extent.

What the fcuk has the chairman, board & owner been doing for the past few years - the whole club is a shambles, they need to be held accountable.

Lets go into administration, we're going down anyway - take the hit now (as it can't really get much worse than it is now) & start all over again hopefully with a new chairman & new owner who actually may know how to operate & manage a football club.
And...COME ON YOU WHITES.... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:28 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Dear me.

what the article doesn't say is how fast this can be fixed - I think the implication is that it can be fixed quite quickly and that should new owners emerge - no reason why accounts cannot be signed off as needed and we can buy Veloso before the january window slams shut... though I may be wrong..

top tip: don't feed the panic fannies! :D

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:36 am

Not really clued up on this, but surely all this 'hidden debt' would be illegal if it did not appear in the accounts?
Only way I can think of is it's either been done through complex overseas arrangements or Eddie effectively pulled the plug after the last set of accounts and we've only just found out.
Worthy, help! :mrgreen:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:44 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
Unsuccessfully trying to adhere to the supporters over-egged expectations for too long probably.

It's amazing how many of our fans are gutted at the embargo as they wanted us to sign players, yet at the same time slating the board for spending money we obviously couldn't afford
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:52 am

Well ... I just received an email from he club headed "Bolton Wanderers Sale".

Turns out to be from the club shop. Phew !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:00 am

boltonboris wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
Unsuccessfully trying to adhere to the supporters over-egged expectations for too long probably.

It's amazing how many of our fans are gutted at the embargo as they wanted us to sign players, yet at the same time slating the board for spending money we obviously couldn't afford
I'm not gutted at the embargo at all, we haven't signed anyone decent for years now and wouldn't have been able to sign anyone in Jan as we haven't a pot to piss, however its just another example of the sheer incompetence of the chairman & board of directors.

And there's me thinking that we received 10 years of lucrative premiership money, possibly in the region of £400-£500M over the 10 years and they still couldn't manage the club correctly.

Its got fcuk all to do with fans wanting signings, its down to the chairman / owner sanctioning huge wages and long contracts on the likes of Mears, Andrews, Baptiste, Spearing, N'Gog, Mills, Wheater and others in the last few years whilst knowing that we were so skint.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:06 am

We have zero pounds. And huge bills to pay. The idea that a transfer ban makes any difference at all is laughable. That anyone was thinking we might sign players is equally laughable.

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:13 am

boltonboris wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
Right, so if the dad of a family goes over the top and spends wildly on Xmas, well beyond their means, and then the house is repossessed in the new year because he can't pay it all off, it's the kids' fault for wanting an Xbox and iPads?

Their job was to look after the best interests of the club, both short and long term, and we were told year on year that everything was fine with nothing to worry about. Any dissent was shot down with "you've never had it so good". Load of codswallop. They're either grossly incompetent or been playing the club like a violin.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:26 am

midlands exile wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
Right, so if the dad of a family goes over the top and spends wildly on Xmas, well beyond their means, and then the house is repossessed in the new year because he can't pay it all off, it's the kids' fault for wanting an Xbox and iPads?

Their job was to look after the best interests of the club, both short and long term, and we were told year on year that everything was fine with nothing to worry about. Any dissent was shot down with "you've never had it so good". Load of codswallop. They're either grossly incompetent or been playing the club like a violin.
Good post....

To be honest I expect more details of the chairman's / board's mis management & incompetence to come out in the washing in the next few months.

How anyone can blame the supporters for the shambolic way the club has been run over the past few years is unbelievable.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:29 am

bobo the clown wrote:Well ... I just received an email from he club headed "Bolton Wanderers Sale".

Turns out to be from the club shop. Phew !!

aye - me too - that's what I pasted in above! As you said - phew! :D

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:31 am

midlands exile wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:

+1

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:41 am

I'm not at all sure Boris was blaming the fans for the way the club was run - or for the debt - I think that's a pretty sensationalist interpretation of his remarks!