Away to Blurrrghburn

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Away to Blurrrghburn

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:37 am

We'll lose.

I'll go for 4 - 1 to Blackburn.


Norpig
Promising
Promising

Post by Norpig » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:43 am

If we have all our players fit I would be more confident of us winning if we only have the same players available as in mid-week I think we will get thrashed.

According to DF interview yesterday we have a fully fit squad for the first time this season, therefore, I am going for a 2-1 win for us. COYWM!!!!

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:57 am

Norpig wrote:If we have all our players fit I would be more confident of us winning if we only have the same players available as in mid-week I think we will get thrashed.

According to DF interview yesterday we have a fully fit squad for the first time this season, therefore, I am going for a 2-1 win for us. COYWM!!!!
I wouldn't be so confident, our fully fit defence is tragic and Blackburn have a half decent striker.


Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:02 am

Apart from Rhodes though, what have they actually got?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:08 am

plymouth wanderer wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Alright then, all in (bar OldenMaviesRiley), what team would you pick for tomorrow?

Bogdan; Mears, Wheater, Mills, Tierney; Medo, Spearing (c); Lee, Pratley, Eagles; Beckford
Subs Ngog, Cravies, Moritz, Hall, Vela, Ream, Lonergan

Tempted to start with a more passing/creative attacking midfielder than Prats but hey, the bloke's scored our only two league goals, the two either side of him can come off their wings to create, the full-backs can overlap and we can look to bring on Moritz and Hall if inspiration fades...

Have I missed anyone out?
What formation?
Note the semi-colons, my dear southwestern friend.
.................Bogdan.................
Mears, Wheater, Mills, Tierney
........Medo.......Spearing (c).....
Lee...........Pratley..........Eagles
................Beckford................

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:11 am

Yeah, but Zat Knight will start as captain. It would be a massive slap in the face to take it from him. I fear Dougie's painted himself unnecessarily into a corner by doing that.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:15 am

A game we need to win, all the players fit ,apart from the long-termers, (Dougie's words), it'll be interesting to see what he regards as our first XI. Always an interesting Derby (although Blackburn regard Burnley and not us as their main Derby game) it just got more interesting because right now Dougi'e still hinting he could be powerless to prevent players leaving if the right offers come in (today's BN). He sounds to be expecting things might still happen in the next forty-eight hours.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:23 am

Realisticaly (Freedmanistically) it'll probably start:

.................Bogdan.................
Baptiste, Wheater, Knight, Tierney
........Medo.......Spearing (c).....
Lee...........Ream..........Eagles
................Beckford................

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:23 am

The BBC is reporting this in their match preview.

"Defenders David Wheater, Joe Riley and Marc Tierney, and midfielders Mark Davies, Chris Eagles and Stuart Holden, are all sidelined for the visitors."
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:26 am

TANGODANCER wrote:A game we need to win, all the players fit ,apart from the long-termers, (Dougie's words), it'll be interesting to see what he regards as our first XI. Always an interesting Derby (although Blackburn regard Burnley and not us as their main Derby game) it just got more interesting because right now Dougi'e still hinting he could be powerless to prevent players leaving if the right offers come in (today's BN). He sounds to be expecting things might still happen in the next forty-eight hours.
I wonder if CYL will be on his way ... one of the few remaining valuable assets and at present not really cutting it.

Mills Shirley is still off to Leeds.

... & the N'Gog stuff may resurface I think.

Then it's loan-time !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:29 am

IggyTheDawgster wrote:The BBC is reporting this in their match preview.

"Defenders David Wheater, Joe Riley and Marc Tierney, and midfielders Mark Davies, Chris Eagles and Stuart Holden, are all sidelined for the visitors."
Yeah but when have the BBC ever been right about us?


TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:31 am

bobo the clown wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:A game we need to win, all the players fit ,apart from the long-termers, (Dougie's words), it'll be interesting to see what he regards as our first XI. Always an interesting Derby (although Blackburn regard Burnley and not us as their main Derby game) it just got more interesting because right now Dougi'e still hinting he could be powerless to prevent players leaving if the right offers come in (today's BN). He sounds to be expecting things might still happen in the next forty-eight hours.
I

wonder if CYL will be on his way ... one of the few remaining valuable assets and at present not really cutting it.

Mills Shirley is still off to Leeds.... & the N'Gog stuff may resurface I think. Then it's loan-time !!
Agree Chungy is a valuable assest but not sure where he isn't cutting it? One of our hardest working players and I'd hate to lose him.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:33 am

adamworthy2002 wrote:

Yeah but when have the BBC ever been right about us?
They're good at documentaries and period dramas. Not sure which category we fall in? :wink:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:36 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
I wonder if CYL will be on his way ... one of the few remaining valuable assets and at present not really cutting it.

Mills Shirley is still off to Leeds.... & the N'Gog stuff may resurface I think. Then it's loan-time !!
Agree Chungy is a valuable assest but not sure where he isn't cutting it? One of our hardest working players and I'd hate to lose him.
Have you seen him Tangs ? Either he's off the pace or he's saving himself, he'll always have class but we get very little from it these days.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:55 am

Got a bad feeling about this one, it would not be good if we to lose at the chicken farm, COYSWM.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:57 am

bobo the clown wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Have you seen him Tangs ? Either he's off the pace or he's saving himself, he'll always have class but we get very little from it these days.
Agreed.

Since he returned he seems to have lost some "let's go in for a 50/50" - I can understand that one.

But we're one division lower and he also seems to have lost the ability to beat a player (largely) and and sense of distribution.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:59 am

Chungy'll be reet. He just needs a full pre-season and he'll be back firing on all cylinders.
Businesswoman of the year.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:07 pm

SSN saying the same.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:13 pm

bobo the clown wrote: Have you seen him Tangs ? Either he's off the pace or he's saving himself, he'll always have class but we get very little from it these days.
Yes. Apart from the Tranmere game I've watched the rest so far, either TV or stream. For me he's done well enough. We'll just have to disagree on that one. He'll be top dog today in a solid Bolton win, you'll see. :wink:

COME ON YOU WHITES.. :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:31 pm

ChrisC wrote:

SSN saying the same.
Couple of them don't sound good - Tierney and Eagles - mind you N'gog was sick up to team announcement last week...