A Visit from the 1973 Texaco Cup winners 'The Tractor Boys'

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Tips?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:23 pm

We Win
29%
We Draw
39%
We Lose
21%
Freedman Sacked!
11%

Total votes: 28

cecil.bob
Reliable
Reliable

Re: A Visit from the 1973 Texaco Cup winners 'The Tractor Bo

Post by cecil.bob » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:56 pm

Something needs to change... Dougie, the squad, the fans, shit the weather I don't care. This is unacceptable. How many is this we've dropped points? feck* 'ell.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:00 pm

Thanks Tango for the commentary.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:03 pm

At least we stayed out of the relegation zone. Only 33 more games to keep it up for and we should be safe.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:04 pm

McGoldrick's first away goal for a year. fecking typical.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:10 pm

Played well today. Unbelievable that they got a goal. Was their only real effort second half and was a hit from outside the box.

The likes of Smokin will come out with the same drivel but we did fine today and should have won that. Ipswich won't believe their luck.

Danns and Chungy deserve a shout today, played really well.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:28 pm

ChrisC wrote:Played well today. Unbelievable that they got a goal. Was their only real effort second half and was a hit from outside the box.

The likes of Smokin will come out with the same drivel but we did fine today and should have won that. Ipswich won't believe their luck.

Cheers for the update ChrisC. I want to remain confident, I'm now not sure that DF is really the man for the job.
Pfffft.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:34 pm

ChrisC wrote:Played well today. Unbelievable that they got a goal. Was their only real effort second half and was a hit from outside the box.

"Played well" means...what?

Another rubbish result. We can't defend and going forward, we are so poor. The lack of creativity is frightening under Freedman and there's really nothing we have that any opposition side to fear. We plod forward predictably and create nothing. Ipswich were poor too, so a draw at home is nothing to celebrate.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:38 pm

Do you really believe that....absolute fecking drivel or your one very easily pleased individual

Norpig
Promising
Promising

Post by Norpig » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:42 pm

We had 2 shot on target they had 2 shot on target 1-1 fair result 2 very poor teams we were very poor today from start to finish. A lot of running around no end product not good enough!!

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:54 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:

Do you really believe that....absolute fecking drivel or your one very easily pleased individual
Yeah I'm talking drivel PT :roll:

We dominated large parts of that game. Ipswich did absolutely nothing second half apart from the goal and first half they had the ball across the box well saved.. That was it. We lack a spark infront of goal but we did ok around the box and got a few in the box today.

We defended well and was untroubled for 95% of the game.

I'm not happy about these draws but we are playing better. It's not perfect but we have to work with what we have until the call is made to replace Dougie.

It's better than listening to you and Smokin talking the same boring shite every week. At least be constructive.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:03 pm

The side create nothing. How is that not an issue for you? We have a complete lack of creativity, which can't just be dismissed with a little "we lacked spark today". There are major problems concerning how we create chances. You can carry on burying your head in the sand or accept that Freedman is an awful manager.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:06 pm

Bogdan clearly at fault for their goal.

Or was it Knight.

Or maybe Coyle.

Any roads Dougie's ace.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:08 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:The side create nothing. How is that not an issue for you? We have a complete lack of creativity, which can't just be dismissed with a little "we lacked spark today". There are major problems concerning how we create chances. You can carry on burying your head in the sand or accept that Freedman is an awful manager.

At what point have I said otherwise regarding freedman????

Just because I don't piss and moan all the time doesn't mean I am happy about things.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:13 pm

ChrisC wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:

We dominated large parts of that game. Ipswich did absolutely nothing second half apart from the goal and first half they had the ball across the box well saved.. That was it. We lack a spark infront of goal but we did ok around the box and got a few in the box today.

I'm not happy about these draws but we are playing better. It's not perfect but we have to work with what we have until the call is made to replace Dougie.

It's better than listening to you and Smokin talking the same boring shite every week. At least be constructive.
Come on Chris, it was one of the most boring games ever at the Reebok against a very poor Ipswich side, we created feck all yet again.

By all means you keep your head in the sand and convince yourself that everything will be fine....apparently that's now 1 win in 13 in the championship under Freedman, he knows what he's doing you know and “The majority of the fans who know what they are talking about will see we are not too far away and will see behind the scenes what we are trying to create.”

He's tactically truly abysmal & absolutely clueless....he needs to spend a few years in the conference completing his apprenticeship before being allowed to manage a professional club.

I just hope that Gartside only brought him in on a 12 month YTS scheme....

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:17 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:Bogdan clearly at fault for their goal.

Or was it Knight.

Or maybe Coyle.

Any roads Dougie's ace.
I blame SKD and his missus stirring things up.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:25 pm

Chris is right in that we didn't play too badly for most of the game but were frustrated by a hard-working side. We are lacking in creativity, the likes of danns are useful but we need something else or a way of playing that is more positive. We are not going to get that under freedman, he's negative dull and boring and his substitution at 1-1 leaving Beckford isolated on his own up top was an absolute joke and infuriated me. Never looked like winning it after that.
People are giving up on the club, poor crowd and no atmosphere are the results of bad results and boring football.
He will come out with some shit about us being unlucky but that just doesn't cut it, it's totally unacceptable.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:33 pm

What you all moaning about?

5 game unbeaten run

amassed 7 points

Not in the bottom 3

13 points of the play offs and only 22 off the top slot

Not bad after only 13 games!

And the gaffer says
Manager says he will now look to change the system when his side take a lead
Dougie Freedman says his side must learn to hold on to a lead after being held to a 1-1 draw with Ipswich at the Reebok Stadium.
Bolton went a goal up after Medo Kamara curled home a sumptuous free-kick, but Mick McCarthy’s visitors levelled eight minutes later through a David McGoldrick volley.
And speaking after the match the manager said: “We’re obviously disappointed with the result, especially after going a goal up.
“All in all I felt we were dogged, determined and committed and we created a number of opportunities when we were in behind the Ipswich defence.
“The performance is there and the players are organised, but we have to learn how to defend a lead.
“You can maybe accept losing a lead once or twice, but it’s happened to us five times now. That’s the frustrating thing. When we go a goal up we have to change our approach, mind-set and system.
“When we now go a goal up I’m going to have to look to change the system to give the players some help.
“I felt we matched Ipswich. We knew Mick McCarthy’s side would come and make things difficult for us.
“We took a deserved lead. It was nice to see Medo get his goal and I feel he had a good game today. He and Jay Spearing looked very competitive today.
“Medo stood up to a big physical challenge today and I believe he’ll be a firm fans’ favourite for many years to come.
“I was pleased with the fans today. We’re trying to build a young, new team here and they stuck with us throughout the match. Yes, I understand their disappointment at the final whistle and take that on board.
“Win, lose or draw we’re always ready to go again. We’ll be back in the training ground first thing Monday morning.
“People are telling me it is five games unbeaten, but it doesn’t feel like that. What I do feel is that we’re slowly turning the corner. We just need to make sure that when we take that lead we can hold on a little bit longer.”
The frightening bit is,
Are we going to have Megson style subs when we go a goal up? Lots of defenders on?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:39 pm

“I felt we matched Ipswich."

I should fckg hope so, you twonk !!

" ... I do feel is that we’re slowly turning the corner. "

Really ??

" ...We just need to make sure that when we take that lead we can hold on a little bit longer.”

Did he study at some high-flying coaching school to see this ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:40 pm

Basically signalling his intent to become even more tactically negative. I suppose extending a lead doesn't even come into the question. Just do one Dougie. McCarthy just said it was their worst performance of the season away from home, and we still couldn't beat them. But that's because we didn't go 5-5-0 straight after scoring.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:46 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:

Come on Chris, it was one of the most boring games ever at the Reebok against a very poor Ipswich side, we created feck all yet again.

By all means you keep your head in the sand and convince yourself that everything will be fine....apparently that's now 1 win in 13 in the championship under Freedman, he knows what he's doing you know and “The majority of the fans who know what they are talking about will see we are not too far away and will see behind the scenes what we are trying to create.”

He's tactically truly abysmal & absolutely clueless....he needs to spend a few years in the conference completing his apprenticeship before being allowed to manage a professional club.

I just hope that Gartside only brought him in on a 12 month YTS scheme....
Ive not got my head in the sand PT, I'm just getting on with supporting my team and commenting on the game on a forum. I'd rather do that than waste my energy droaning on about the manager. I can't make Eddie sack him and no amount of moaning will change that.

We all know that Dougie is at the end of the road with us and it's going to happen at some point, I just don't see the point in calling him every name under the sun week in week out.