Lost the last one, Boro chance to put it right

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Lost the last one, Boro chance to put it right

Post by thebish » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:03 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Devon White wrote:phew, 2 - 2 , another point to help us claw ourselves away from relegation,
Only we're closer to the relegation places than we were when we started :wink:
oops!! :D

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:05 pm

anyway - chill - the plan's coming together - Big Sam is tottering on the edge... they just lost to relegation rivals and recent 6-0 victims Fulham...

Devon White
Promising
Promising

Post by Devon White » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:10 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Devon White wrote:phew, 2 - 2 , another point to help us claw ourselves away from relegation,
Double oops, it was a relief to get the point, i should have checked the league table,

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:11 pm

little silver linings...

we came back from 2-0 (yes - we shouldn't have got ourselves in that position, blah-blah-blah)
couple of late goals for members of my fantasy team - Tripper and Austin :-)
Arsenal with a late win - so at least GG will be happy...
there's a super shiny transfer window beckoning ;-)

errrr.....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:23 pm

I came close to losing all belief today.

It's not all returned.

If Zatastrophe e'er gets near the team again, I shall weep.

But I'm glad we came back for a point. Remember McGinlay at Chester? Nah...

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:35 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I came close to losing all belief today.

It's not all returned.

Remember it well. Then though we were 3 months into Rioch's reign as he was finding his feet. Dougie's had a LOT longer. Admire your 'optimism' though :D
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:36 pm

Devon White wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Double oops, it was a relief to get the point, i should have checked the league table,
Grasping at straws is all we can do at the moment :)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:55 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I came close to losing all belief today.

It's not all returned.

Remember it well. Then though we were 3 months into Rioch's reign as he was finding his feet. Dougie's had a LOT longer. Admire your 'optimism' though :D
Just 'bout all there is left, HG. :?

While I'm on it: Not been on here much of late but has Joe Mason (1 massively deflected goal in 8 appearances) really deserved to oust Jermaine Beckford (6 goals in his last 9 starts)? I don't wish to pick on the kid but we've lost half of the games Mason has appeared in, while our best goal hope - incomplete a player as he may be - has kicked his heels on the bench.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:02 pm

We were, yet again, poor. Boro much the better team 1st half, even without Knightmare deciding that 'tis the season of charity. We couldn't keep hold of it, and the long ball just does not work anymore. We need to stop trying it.

We were improved 2nd half. Probably just about deserved the draw on the last 45. Knight did get better once he'd stopped fecking up (and booing his every touch? Shame on some of our resident morons, of which there appeared to be lots), but the damage was done, and he should not be appearing again anytime soon.

I just wish I could stop coming away from the 'Bok with the only adjective available being "disappointing".

As an aside, I was the naff 2nd one for the challenge. Came away with a £10 voucher, like.

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:07 pm

truewhite15 wrote:We were, yet again, poor. Boro much the better team 1st half, even without Knightmare deciding that 'tis the season of charity. We couldn't keep hold of it, and the long ball just does not work anymore. We need to stop trying it.

We were improved 2nd half. Probably just about deserved the draw on the last 45. Knight did get better once he'd stopped fecking up (and booing his every touch? Shame on some of our resident morons, of which there appeared to be lots), but the damage was done, and he should not be appearing again anytime soon.

I just wish I could stop coming away from the 'Bok with the only adjective available being "disappointing".

As an aside, I was the naff 2nd one for the challenge. Came away with a £10 voucher, like.
I wondered which one was you. Hang your head in shame :D I was hoping you were the last bloke, who nonchalantly (almost) put the ball bang on the centre spot whilst kicking the ball with his hands in his pockets.
Hope is what keeps us going.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:07 pm

Played quite well today, particularly 2nd half but again it takes a deficit to get us going. Boro will go home feeling very lucky. One man gifted them a point and cost his own team two. Just horrendous what he did, but the booing nobheads annoyed me more.
Ream played very well, as did Mills, Lonerghan has a couple of regulation saves to make. Baptiste looked slightly shaky but played ok and scored a good goal. Midfield was fine, Eagles very lively but lacking end product. Spearing was bust an did ok, same Chungy but Pratley was poor and Mavies largely anonymous. I can't see anything in Mason at all, at least Beckford might score even if he is a generally shite footballer with no heading or passing ability and a poor touch. And he's ours, so play him FFS!

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:08 pm

Just read the comments here about the two Knight mistakes. They don't begin to cover it! They were both horrendous errors, each as bad as I have ever seen from a Bolton player - and I've just entered my 50th year as a supporter! For the first he looped the ball up over his own head and the attacker but forgot he then had the turning circle of an oil tanker, and by the time he had turned the attacker hAd collected the ball and put it in the net. Zat put his hand up to each of his team and the crowd as an apology but the crowd turned against him and gave him loads of stick. Ten minutes later he did it again! He hesitated for half a second with an attacker bearing down on him and left himself no option but to hurriedly smash it back goalwards only to then see it nestle in the bottom corner. I thought I was going to witness a lynching!

Every time he touched the ball it generated a chorus of boo's, which only slowly turned to some applause as the crowd tried to lift him. His errors continued into the second half though and there were at least three other terrible mistakes whilst the rest of the team rebuilt the damage he had caused. He came very close to deflecting a shot into the bottom corner and very close to conceding a pen when he fell under no pressure and crab-walked the ball into touch luckily without actually touching the ball. And as for the comedy of him and Mills taking that joke of a free kick, enough said.

As for the rest of the team, there was one telling moment for me right at the end of the first half where Lonners for once chucked out to Chungy and we had a break on. 1-2 down and a minute to half time you'd think they'd hurry it up a bit, but no. Six or seven of the team ambled about our own box with Chungy racing away into a cup de sac and the chance was gone.

We were very lucky to get a point but goodness knows what we do with Zat Knight now!

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:13 pm

I really don't understand why Lonergan kept hoofing the ball up to Mason, who didn't win a thing all game? Clueless.

Don't get me started on Knight. His mistakes were absolutely incredible, Sunday league stuff.

Great to see Mavies back in the team and adding some considerable quality.
Hope is what keeps us going.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:15 pm

I didn't think Knight was that bad after the two errors but you can't leave someone who does that in the team White was on the bench, stick him in at LB and reinstate ream at CH. Hardly ideal, but Knight should just be gone. Where is Wheater? (that's how desperate I'm getting)

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:02 pm

I bet if you could search posters who abuse knightmare i'd be top 5 on here.

It goes without saying that today further exemplifies why I cannot wait to dance on the grave of that lackadaisical pricks bolton career. feck off Knight and feck off Freedman for (a) picking him and (b) making him 'club captain'. The biggest feck offs are reserved for Coyle and Gartside for givinghim that 2 year deal. Look at our debt. Look at his contract. Wankers.

mrplow
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by mrplow » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:08 pm

LeverEnd wrote:I didn't think Knight was that bad after the two errors but you can't leave someone who does that in the team White was on the bench, stick him in at LB and reinstate ream at CH. Hardly ideal, but Knight should just be gone. Where is Wheater? (that's how desperate I'm getting)
What has actually happened to Mears ? Is he still at the club ?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:11 pm

We've got som really shit fixtures now as well

Bottom 3 could be beckoning

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:19 pm

Zat Knight's comedy gold gave Boro the lead. They did boss the game for the first 25 but they didn't score - not really - Knight was guilty. There is not a single combination of our defenders that is good enough, even for this division. But Zat is more not good enough than most.

Whoever said Mills had a good game was not at the same match as me. Ream is ok as an emergency left back. But we'll never get the best out of him until we play him in his best position, in front of the back four. I recognise that for this to happen we do actually need a back four...

The best that can be said was that we didn't hide. We were the better side for much of the second half. Mark Davies' rehab continues and, in flashes, we saw how valuable he might be. Eagles worked hard for the 90 - how rarely you can say that - but to little effect.

The team selection mystified me. Dropping both players who between them scored three goals away at the home of the division leaders? I cannot begin to get my head round that. And I've no idea why Freedman thinks Mason a better player to start the game than Beckford.

Getting an equaliser when you have almost given up hope lifts the gloom. But, really, we threw this game in the bin in the first 20 minutes.

Oh, people that boo our players during the match make me sick - for their lack of support for the team, and the sheer bloody stupidity of it.
Last edited by William the White on Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:19 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Thanks Tango. So, the New Year is depressingly as poor as what went before...

Much as I'd love to have a h'apenth of DSB's hope. The best thing I've got out of today is that your avatar looks like a masochists dildo...........Could we **** Dougie with it AT ?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:42 pm

I thought Mills did OK WtW. a few wayward balls but he's a no nonsense defender not Franz Beckenbauer. I think his passing is getting better as well, although it needed to!