Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: Freedman out!

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:41 pm

BL3 wrote:
a1 wrote:allardyce got the sack at blackpool and preston , while in lower divisions than we were. notts county were also in a division below ours. i'm not sure if he didnt get relegated once with notts county, then got em back up.
He wasn't the manager of Preston, he left when the manager was sacked. He took Blackpool to the play-offs. Notts County were top of the 'division below ours', having just been promoted with a record number of points from the division below that. If Dougie had that kind of record, he might have a bit more credibility.
Unsurprisingly, thats very selective. You didnt mention that Allardyce relegated Notts County when they were cut so far adrift they were down by March. He then got them promoted as Champions and they were mid table when he joined us. His CV at that time could not be described as anything special.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:47 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
BL3 wrote:
a1 wrote:allardyce got the sack at blackpool and preston , while in lower divisions than we were. notts county were also in a division below ours. i'm not sure if he didnt get relegated once with notts county, then got em back up.
He wasn't the manager of Preston, he left when the manager was sacked. He took Blackpool to the play-offs. Notts County were top of the 'division below ours', having just been promoted with a record number of points from the division below that. If Dougie had that kind of record, he might have a bit more credibility.
Unsurprisingly, thats very selective. You didnt mention that Allardyce relegated Notts County when they were cut so far adrift they were down by March. He then got them promoted as Champions and they were mid table when he joined us. His CV at that time could not be described as anything special.
Notts County were bottom when he took over in January. They didn't just go straight back up as Champions they were promoted by March, the first time it had ever been done that early. His CV might not have been 'anything special' but it was still better than Dougie's.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:04 pm

I think that the point BL3 is making that Alladyce had already served his apprenticeship with Preston, Blackpool and Notts County before coming to us.

Did he also prior to all that manage in Ireland?

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:34 pm

Dougie might have a softly-softly approach that could end up a better way than di Canio's. Sam was a mouthy SoB but he had the skill to weather any words thrown at him, shrugged and started again. I'll stick with Dougie for the foreseeable future, not that I have his ear, but he might put some pride back into this team. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:37 pm

yeah he won the league there, a few times. *i think*

he also got the sack at west brom too , i think.

goddamn he's done some time in. wouldnt think its that far back. time flies by.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:06 pm

Gravedigger wrote:Dougie might have a softly-softly approach that could end up a better way than di Canio's. Sam was a mouthy SoB but he had the skill to weather any words thrown at him, shrugged and started again. I'll stick with Dougie for the foreseeable future, not that I have his ear, but he might put some pride back into this team. 8)
And exactly how many points per game do you get awarded for having pride?
Businesswoman of the year.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:10 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Gravedigger wrote:Dougie might have a softly-softly approach that could end up a better way than di Canio's. Sam was a mouthy SoB but he had the skill to weather any words thrown at him, shrugged and started again. I'll stick with Dougie for the foreseeable future, not that I have his ear, but he might put some pride back into this team. 8)

derby didn't get any and they had a whole stadium of it!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:13 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Yeah, but the Smoker (rhymes with joker?) is embarrassed because some other fans on Internet forums are laughing at us. Pride points must be worth lots?

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:45 pm

a1 wrote:he also got the sack at west brom too , i think.
For the second time, he wasn't sacked at West Brom.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:43 pm

BL3 wrote:
was he sacked the first time?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:06 pm

BL3 wrote:
Wasn't he sacked as Assistant Manager along with the Manager, Brian Talbot. Shortly after they got beat by Woking in the cup?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:24 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Blimey! Don't you know the rules yet? It's 3 points for a win and 1 point for a draw, nowt for losing. For pride you get zilch, but I suspect you know that and you're just trying to shove in a smart reply. Dougie just might get them playing for "Bolton Wanderers" with a friendly approach rather than hopping up and down and shouting. He might even persuade them that there is indeed some pride in playing a game of footie. Now if someone will pass the popcorn. :drink:
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:14 pm

Shambolic - sack the useless amateur 'trainee' muppet now....

He's absolutely fecking clueless he really is, Freedman will take us down at this rate, he's signed a million players and hasn't got a clue how to set a team up to win a game, he should have gone 4-4-2 from the start against this lot, Yeovil were abysmal but still beat us at the Reebok.

Anyone supporting Freedman saying he needs more time etc....after this debacle knows absolutely nothing about football, this is his team, his tactics, his instructions and has been for a while, if ED doesn't sack him tonight then he's obviously prepared to sink even lower into league 1

Gartside needs to go as well tonight, how many more important mistakes can one man make without being sacked - the club is leaderless in every capacity - sinking ship is an understatement

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:25 pm

He's inept.

Defensively, we are atrocious because the way Freedman sets them up is all wrong. We sit back too deep which leads to too much pressure being built up against us. Watch Chelsea defend with 10 men against Spurs and then compare that with the way we defend under Freedman. One works, one doesn't. We have very little creativitiy going forward and stats like '5 shots, 0 on target' tell you that whilst we're getting into their final third, we're unable to create clear cut chances. I've never regularly watched a side who are as incapable of creating chances for their strikers as this Bolton team are, and that's not because of individual lack of ability, the players look like they don't know who their teammates are. They're on different pages and there's no cohesion at all. We are utterly hopeless going forward. Freedman's signings are pretty average and looking at the lack of effort from some players - even those who you'd see as leaders - it seems quite obvious that Freedman commands no respects and has lost them, which isn't surprising given his constant tactical and personnel changes. He's cluelessly throwing shit at the wall, hoping some of it sticks and the players know that. Why Freedman refuses to play 4-4-2 is beyond me, even though it worked for us last season and as soon as we adopted that formation, we went on our best run in years and since we've dropped it, we've barely won a game. How can Freedman not see what works and what doesn't?

He should go tonight. The longer he stays, the more points we lose, the less attractive we are for possible signings but more importantly, the less likely a good manager will want to take over us. He has got to go before Blackpool. He's a shockingly bad tactician and he doesn't motivate the players. What exactly does he have going for him?

Freedman has got the second lowest win percentage of any manager in the Championship for a reason. He's hopeless, as are we with him in charge.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:35 pm

Inept is a fecking major understatement....

I'll challenge any Freedman supporter to state what if anything he has improved in his time to date ay Bolton (which is almost 12 months). we are worse in defence, attack, creativity, tempo, work rate, youngsters coming through, signings, chances created, clean sheets (what are them !)....

Apart from give the muppet even more time to ruin the club, anyone backing Freedman (which you are perfectly entitled to do), please back up how he will move the club forward, he's signed enough players to now have his own team of his players - so blaming what he inherited is no longer valid, although he himself thought that he had inherited a decent squad

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:38 pm

Whilst I agree that results and some of Dougie's decisions are not good enough, and Dougie rightly should be getting stick for it. I do think some folk on here are letting the players off the hook. Dougie might piss about with the line-up too much and I do question what they are doing on the training ground, but these are professional footballers. They have trained under various managers since the age of 8 or 9. There is little Dougie can do to make them forget how to pass a ball properly, or shoot on target and defensive basics. Every single one of our players absolutely should be capable of all of that instinctively. Listening to commentary and the few games on streams it is obvious that a number of the players are coasting. Those players are already out of here, have no intention of signing new contracts. No commitment. We can sack Dougie, but I doubt it would make any difference with those players. Drop them and play anyone that does want to play. Even if they are so called inferior players. If Dougie does this and stops tinkering with the line-up every game I reckon results will improve a lot.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:43 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Listening to commentary and the few games on streams it is obvious that a number of the players are coasting. Those players are already out of here, have no intention of signing new contracts. No commitment. We can sack Dougie, but I doubt it would make any difference with those players.
He signed seven of the team which finished the game, including three who apparently weren't deemed good enough to start ahead of the ones he didn't sign.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:43 pm

Hold on, what's the point in having a manager then ?

He sees the players in training and on the pitch he decides who looks committed and capable, who's following his instructions and who's not - who fits into his system and who doesn't - he's been allowed to sign at least 10 - 12 players and its still shambolic

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:51 pm

Lets keep Freedman and play him up front

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:52 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Whilst I agree that results and some of Dougie's decisions are not good enough, and Dougie rightly should be getting stick for it. I do think some folk on here are letting the players off the hook. Dougie might piss about with the line-up too much and I do question what they are doing on the training ground, but these are professional footballers. They have trained under various managers since the age of 8 or 9. There is little Dougie can do to make them forget how to pass a ball properly, or shoot on target and defensive basics. Every single one of our players absolutely should be capable of all of that instinctively. Listening to commentary and the few games on streams it is obvious that a number of the players are coasting. Those players are already out of here, have no intention of signing new contracts. No commitment. We can sack Dougie, but I doubt it would make any difference with those players. Drop them and play anyone that does want to play. Even if they are so called inferior players. If Dougie does this and stops tinkering with the line-up every game I reckon results will improve a lot.

THIS with effing Bells on!!!!!!!