mark davies

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: mark davies

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:45 am

Swansea wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
boltonboris wrote:His words were apparently that he "Didn't want to be sold to Swansea"
Can't say I heard that precisely, but along those lines.

Think undercurrent was, Davies wasn't fussed about Swansea, whereas a Liverpool or equivalent might be different.....
I'm suprised by this, I know we're not a massive club but he would suit our style of play down to the bone, I don't see why he'd prefer to play in a position that doesn't suit him, in a formation that doesn't suit him with a style of play that doesn't suit him in a lower division.
I suspect because many people (rightly or wrongly) see you as a prime relegation candidate this season, having lost you manager, with your players being targeted and in some cases leaving, and a bit of uncertainty.

Also for whatever reason, players seem to be enjoying themselves at Bolton.......

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:17 pm

As I've already said.. Another factor is the he's earning more with us, than you'd possibly pay him. He likes it here too.. He suits our 'Style of play'(tm), just not our formation.. But I think that will change next season.. I hope it will anyway! All depends on getting this big black dude to smash every fvcker in front of our back 4..

Or.. He knows how bored he'll get because he'll be bollocked for running with the ball rather than passing it to centre backs, getting it back, passing it to full backs, getting it back, passing it to the 'keeper ad infinitum..

Yawn
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:22 pm

Of course, if I was a player who had a lucrative 3 years left on a deal and the manager asked me "Do you want to be sold" I would also say "No", as to do otherwise would possibly mean I wouldn't be entitled to have my contract paid up out of the proceeds. As I understand it, if you request a move, in most cases you lose your bonuses and entitlements.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:24 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Of course, if I was a player who had a lucrative 3 years left on a deal and the manager asked me "Do you want to be sold" I would also say "No", as to do otherwise would possibly mean I wouldn't be entitled to have my contract paid up out of the proceeds. As I understand it, if you request a move, in most cases you lose your bonuses and entitlements.
You do if you hand in a formal written transfer request in SOME cases.

Not by just indicating whether you are interested in a move to another club or not, when asked by your current manager in private!

Swansea
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Swansea » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:27 pm

boltonboris wrote:As I've already said.. Another factor is the he's earning more with us, than you'd possibly pay him. He likes it here too.. He suits our 'Style of play'(tm), just not our formation.. But I think that will change next season.. I hope it will anyway! All depends on getting this big black dude to smash every fvcker in front of our back 4..

Or.. He knows how bored he'll get because he'll be bollocked for running with the ball rather than passing it to centre backs, getting it back, passing it to full backs, getting it back, passing it to the 'keeper ad infinitum..

Yawn
He doesn't suit your style of play as had been demonstrated by the fact he's the only player in your team who's a reliable passer of the ball.

He wont get bollocked for running the ball, plenty of our players do that sort of thing and it's the sort of thing that we would want in any replacement for Joe Allen. At Bolton he'll get bollocked for trying to play his way out of trouble and for not playing the ball long to Kevin Davies.

The fact that your calling passing play boring is the sort of thing that shows you don't really appreciate the sort of style of play that Mark Davies is suited to, passing play. Mark Davies is an excellent passer.

Loyal White
Promising
Promising

Post by Loyal White » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:37 pm

Swansea wrote:He doesn't suit your style of play as had been demonstrated by the fact he's the only player in your team who's a reliable of the ball.

He wont get bollocked for running the ball, plenty of our players do that sort of thing and it's the sort of thing that we would want in any replacement for Joe Allen. At Bolton he'll get bollocked for trying to play his way out of trouble and for not playing the ball long to Kevin Davies.

The fact that your calling passing play boring is the sort of thing that shows you don't really appreciate the sort of style of play that Mark Davies is suited to, passing play. Mark Davies is an excellent passer.
You write like your football teams play...

Pass, play, pass, play, pass, pass....

:zzz:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:40 pm

I think we're being a tad harsh on out visitor here.

I'd rather watch Swansea than Stoke.

(Although in each case I'd reserve the right to fast-forward.)

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:42 pm

Swansea wrote:
boltonboris wrote:As I've already said.. Another factor is the he's earning more with us, than you'd possibly pay him. He likes it here too.. He suits our 'Style of play'(tm), just not our formation.. But I think that will change next season.. I hope it will anyway! All depends on getting this big black dude to smash every fvcker in front of our back 4..

Yawn
He doesn't suit your style of play as had been demonstrated by the fact he's the only player in your team who's a reliable passer of the ball.

Must be having a nosebleed on that high horse.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:52 pm

:fishing:
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:07 pm

Is this Swansea guy starting to resemble that arse prick abs who used to post on here about Cahill?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:02 pm

If they pay 8m they can have him, and 2m has to go to Wolves as a pay off. (Today's B.N..)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:47 pm

jaffka wrote:Is this Swansea guy starting to resemble that arse prick abs who used to post on here about Cahill?
Not really, because Abs was a knob from the off.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:23 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
jaffka wrote:Is this Swansea guy starting to resemble that arse prick abs who used to post on here about Cahill?
Not really, because Abs was a knob from the off.
Let's see which way he evolves

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:38 pm

he's Welsh. He won't evolve.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Chungy27
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Chungy27 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:48 pm

Swansea wrote: He doesn't suit your style of play as had been demonstrated by the fact he's the only player in your team who's a reliable passer of the ball.

I think that with Lee, Petrov, Eagles, Holden (and from what I've heard Sordell and Afobe) we are capable of nice football. I think M Davies sees this. Our football last season was more direct because we found ourselves in a relegation battle from September/October onwards and Coyle seemed to think hitting N'Gog/K Davies would ease the pressure.

It didn't work and directly/indirectly we were relegated. I think the majority of our team is made up of Premier League players which is why I think Mavies wants to stay - he doesn't see Swansea as much of a step up in the long run.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:13 pm

Let's also not forget one very important point in that Swansea is actually a sh*t hole and full of jack b@st@rds with not much else around

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:15 pm

Area around Swansea is quite nice and Cardiff isn't far away....
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:28 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Area around Swansea is quite nice and Cardiff isn't far away....
It is indeed. The Mumbles coast is as nice as you'd want. You can even go there & avoid Swansea itself if you try hard.

Cardiff. What a magnificent 2 square miles. The rest is a shit-heap but few of us ever see the rest.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Swansea
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Swansea » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:47 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Area around Swansea is quite nice and Cardiff isn't far away....
It is indeed. The Mumbles coast is as nice as you'd want. You can even go there & avoid Swansea itself if you try hard.

Cardiff. What a magnificent 2 square miles. The rest is a shit-heap but few of us ever see the rest.
This. Most of the players live on the coast out of the way. Nice place, far cry from the rest of Swansea.

As for Davies, can't see us signing him as your holding out for too much. We're never going to pay £8 million for him and i'd be suprised if we didn't give up after you apparantly rejected £6 million for him.

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:57 pm

Swansea wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

This. Most of the players live on the coast out of the way. Nice place, far cry from the rest of Swansea.

As for Davies, can't see us signing him as your holding out for too much. We're never going to pay £8 million for him and i'd be suprised if we didn't give up after you apparantly rejected £6 million for him.
The transfer fee is irrelevant if you can't agree his personal terms and it looks like you won't be able to do either so case closed it seems
The Voice Of Reason