Worthy's better class of transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Worthy's better class of transfer thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:17 pm

thebish wrote:if we've only signed him for a month - then he's gonna get in the team - no? so - who loses out? Andrews??
By reports he's an attacking midfielder, so presumably would take Pratleys role?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:19 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:if we've only signed him for a month - then he's gonna get in the team - no? so - who loses out? Andrews??
By reports he's an attacking midfielder, so presumably would take Pratleys role?
what??? replace the new Gary Speed??? :shock: :wink:

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:23 pm

The facebook whites have gone a bit mental asking 'why?' we've signed him. Can only think to get rid of the Andrews or Pratley?
Pfffft.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:00 pm

TKIZ! wrote:The facebook whites have gone a bit mental asking 'why?' we've signed him. Can only think to get rid of the Andrews or Pratley?
but signing some one for ONE MONTH doesn't really get rid of anyone! it just gives someone a holiday!

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:07 pm

thebish wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:The facebook whites have gone a bit mental asking 'why?' we've signed him. Can only think to get rid of the Andrews or Pratley?
but signing some one for ONE MONTH doesn't really get rid of anyone! it just gives someone a holiday!
If that really is the case it might be Andrews. Weren't there reports not so long ago that he'd an Achilles problem since the start of the season?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:08 pm

Little Green Man wrote:
thebish wrote:
If that really is the case it might be Andrews. Weren't there reports not so long ago that he'd an Achilles problem since the start of the season?
hmmmm... interesting theory...

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:42 pm

I've never heard of the bloke, 22 years old and can't get into a mediocre norwich side doesn't scream a team changer of a player if i'm honest.
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:44 pm

apparently plays on the right so good luck to him against CYL and Eagles
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:24 pm

Andrews is playing the holding role in front of the back four.

I doubt we've bought an attacking midfield player to replace him.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:37 pm

Already written him off?

"apparently plays on the right so good luck to him against CYL and Eagles"

"I've never heard of the bloke, 22 years old and can't get into a mediocre norwich side doesn't scream a team changer of a player if i'm honest."

He's just come back from torn anterior cruciate ligaments. He is here to get games under his belt to aid his match fitness. I don't think he will be used on the wings, IMO he is here to bridge the gap for the return of Stu Holden.

He played 25 games for Barnsley and captained them aged 21 before getting crocked. Then signed for Norwich as a free agent.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:48 pm

Aye didnt people read the linked article. Sounds a useful player but returning from injury. The article implies the position pratley has been playing in is the most threatened but this fella would need to be fit to do the same job and eagles is could/should be getting a chance in that position really. Slightly surprising signing but I guess we should wait and see.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:52 pm

In fairness, I wouldn't be surprised if that article was written by his mum. Never heard of him but we'll see. Not good for Pratz and Petrov I don't think.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:08 pm

I'd just like to say I'm sure this is a class signing. :-)

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:15 pm

Prufrock wrote:In fairness, I wouldn't be surprised if that article was written by his mum. Never heard of him but we'll see. Not good for Pratz and Petrov I don't think.
Was pretty kind although he must be decent to have captained a side at 21 and have a prem team pick him up while still injured. Averaging a goal every 5 games before injury last season. He's probably pretty decent if the injury hasnt knocked him back

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:50 pm

Can't harm, can it?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:10 am

I doubt Pratters is going anywhere suddenly playing after almost becoming the invisible man, I think the new guy might be looking at Lee tbh.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:40 am

Hoboh wrote:I doubt Pratters is going anywhere suddenly playing after almost becoming the invisible man, I think the new guy might be looking at Lee tbh.
Butterfield is a central midfield player. From what I can tell, very much in the same sort of role Pratley has been playing.

My guess is that he probably is a little more skillful on the ball, which Dougie sees as a way to change up our game at times.

m_taylor
Promising
Promising

Post by m_taylor » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:50 am

I agree that it sounds like a cover for Holden/Vela but also if you look at the bench from the last 2 games we have had no-one to come on in that more attacking center midfield role unless we move eagles in which if he is having a good game I would be reluctant to do or Mavis which I don’t think suits him. We don’t need three forwards on the bench if we continue in this 4-5-1 formation so you replace one of those for another midfielder and it looks a more balanced bench.

Vs Cardiff we had:

• 34 Lynch
• 05 Ream
• 10 Petrov
• 20 Spearing
• 09 Ngog
• 17 Afobe
• 19 Sordell

Vs Leicester we had:

• 34 Lynch
• 05 Ream
• 10 Petrov
• 20 Spearing
• 02 Mears
• 17 Afobe
• 19 Sordell

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:55 am

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:
Prufrock wrote:In fairness, I wouldn't be surprised if that article was written by his mum. Never heard of him but we'll see. Not good for Pratz and Petrov I don't think.
Was pretty kind although he must be decent to have captained a side at 21 and have a prem team pick him up while still injured. Averaging a goal every 5 games before injury last season. He's probably pretty decent if the injury hasnt knocked him back
but we've made the mistake of only signing him for a month!! :wink:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:59 am

thebish wrote:
Ianmooreslovechild wrote:
but we've made the mistake of only signing him for a month!! :wink:

You think we'll miss his 'spree'?