Away to Blurrrghburn

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Away to Blurrrghburn

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:41 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
IggyTheDawgster wrote:The BBC is reporting this in their match preview.

"Defenders David Wheater, Joe Riley and Marc Tierney, and midfielders Mark Davies, Chris Eagles and Stuart Holden, are all sidelined for the visitors."

SSN saying the same.
Couple of them don't sound good - Tierney and Eagles - mind you N'gog was sick up to team announcement last week...
What makes it so weird, there's a full page article in today's BN, headed: "Dougie's delight at injury all-clear" ....??
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:43 pm

TANGODANCER wrote: For me he's done well enough.
Very subjective though, Tango. We know what the lad's capable and he isn't getting anywhere near the levels he's shown previously. I also think he looks clueless when Tierney goes on the overlap.
May the bridges I burn light your way

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:48 pm

Well I'm a bit confused now then, Are we clear? Are we injured?

Late night last night, I don't need this..... :shock:
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:49 pm

Lee? I think he's a waste of a shirt and in the context of our season so far, that's not very high praise!

If he's one of our more creative players, it's little wonder we don't score goals. He's gash!!

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:51 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Chungy'll be reet. He just needs a full pre-season and he'll be back firing on all cylinders.
:lol: I see what you did there.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:52 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Very subjective though, Tango. We know what the lad's capable and he isn't getting anywhere near the levels he's shown previously. I also think he looks clueless when Tierney goes on the overlap.
Indeed - and what you don't see on TV generally is what he's doing off the ball - coz the TV camera's tend to follow the ball...

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:05 pm

Again I have some Dingle supporting acquaintances so we'll get beat. My record is pretty shonky when I know opposition fans
Pfffft.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:25 pm

We aint creating much. The strikers are still rusty cos of little service, so any chances that do come along are knocked into row P.
Jordan Rhodes only needs 1 chance. Zat Knight gives at least one chance to the opposition every game

0-2 loss I reckon :hang:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:25 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Agreed, as per "well enough" rather than excellently. He had a real shaking up with the injury and it might still be a bit of a mental barrier for him. He'll come back good again..I think.

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:31 pm

Blackburn haven't had a brilliant start to the season either, they went out of the league cup to a league 1 team as well and the only win they've picked up was at home to Barnsley

I know a lot of people will hate me pointing this out but we've done the double over them the past two seasons.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:36 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Agreed, as per "well enough" rather than excellently. He had a real shaking up with the injury and it might still be a bit of a mental barrier for him. He'll come back good again..I think.
That's 2 fckg years ago !
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:37 pm

Jez wrote:Blackburn haven't had a brilliant start to the season either, they went out of the league cup to a league 1 team as well and the only win they've picked up was at home to Barnsley

I know a lot of people will hate me pointing this out but we've done the double over them the past two seasons.
Fecking jinxed it, you swine :wink: :roll: :lol:
Pfffft.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:51 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Again I have some Dingle supporting acquaintances so we'll get beat. My record is pretty shonky when I know opposition fans
Unfriend the tw@ts on Facebook, sharpish.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:54 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote: Agreed, as per "well enough" rather than excellently. He had a real shaking up with the injury and it might still be a bit of a mental barrier for him. He'll come back good again..I think.
That's 2 fckg years ago !
Calender years Bobo. How much actual playing has he done since?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:06 pm

None!

JJ4bwfc92
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by JJ4bwfc92 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:17 pm

Todays squad apparently according to facebook update on bolton official

BWFC: Bogdan, Mears, Knight, Wheater, Baptiste, Medo, Spearing, Pratley, Chung-Yong, Ngog, Beckford

Subs: Lonergan, Mills, Tierney, Hall, C Davies, Moritz, Eagles

Blackburn: Kean, Kane, Spurr, Hanley, Lowe, King, Dunn, Rhodes, Marshall, Dann, Cairney

Subs: Eastwood, Kilgallon, Best, Taylor, Morris, Judge, Evans

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:19 pm

Any road up, we're going for the points today. Chungy, Eagles and Beckford to score. :oyea:

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:21 pm

We seem to have something on Blackburn, so hopefully that gets in their minds today and we can get a result. Considering the opposition, a loss would be really damaging but hopefully we can pull something out of the bag. The team we're playing isn't too bad considering the injuries we have, thankfully. I wouldn't mind seeing Mills get a chance in the side at some point instead of Knight.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:21 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Working hard, on the ball a lot but poor decision making and no cutting edge. At least he's not hiding which he did last season when Eagles was getting pelters from the idiot fans but still showing for the ball.

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:22 pm

Looks like the no width formation again, like v QPR last week. Hope it works a damn site better this week, though I won't hold my breath.
I Think they'll give us a good tonking !!
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!