The Pissing-Conduit run Nothing but Claret. Burrnla A 17/10

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Pissing-Conduit run Nothing but Claret. Burrnla A 17

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:40 pm

danardif1 wrote:It must be nice when you can spend £6m plus on a striker in this division...
We managed to get beat by MK Dons. I'd be surprised if their team cost anything like ours. Either to buy or to run.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:40 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Away against one of the best sides in the division. Defeat is not a disaster.
This is not an isolated result, we need to start picking up points soon and not become rooted at the bottom, but I'm really not hopeful of getting any points from anywhere at the moment

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:41 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
danardif1 wrote:It must be nice when you can spend £6m plus on a striker in this division...
We managed to get beat by MK Dons. I'd be surprised if their team cost anything like ours. Either to buy or to run.
That's very true and I'm not excusing that. My point is that there is a growing chasm between the have's and have-not's in the Championship and it makes things very difficult for those without.
Last edited by danardif1 on Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:42 pm

DJBlu wrote:Really lost hope with Bolton at the minute.

I really can't see anything other than relegation at the minute.
This....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:43 pm

Looks like Heskey for Danns and it'll take a mini miracle. A good performance by us claimed but you get nowt for those.
How can we be by far the better side and keep losing? Big boos all round as Feeney gives away a foul and Casado gets a booking for " a strange decision"? Goal kick us and can we turn it? Davies wins a free for us 25 out and...Silva and....and.. Casado and...Silva whistles one past the post with the keeper beaten. Not often I feel down but....I feel down....we just cannot score goals. And now.....after a load of babble about MK Dons and Anthony Axford Good for Wood. Pratley and....a throw for them. Surprised Heskey got the shout over Clayton. They come gain and Grey gets in another real chance that Amos does well with. The sort of striker we just don't possess. Corner them, Jones and....and...cleared, sent back and in again and.....Wheater clears but we lose it again. Barton again and.....talk of twelve mins (15 with added). Grey again and.....a goal kick. Silva again and the ref ignores his foul call. How about a goal lads? We go forth and....Dvies, Feemey, Deryk, Pratley and Silva foulded again to no avail. Davues, Pratley, Wheater....Silva and...he gets a free at last as a Claret gets a card. Free kick us as Sliva leaves to huge boos for Dobbie.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:44 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Away against one of the best sides in the division. Defeat is not a disaster.
nope - it's not - one lost game isn't in itself a disaster - but our form across quite a few months IS currently a bit of a disaster...

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:48 pm

What about away against every other fcuking club then ?

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:51 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
What about away against every other fcuking club then ?
Well as we're bottom every club is 'one of the best sides in the division' to us...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:52 pm

Kick cleared and....ohhh, cleared off the line again. Casado..... and Grey is offside. Amos wallops, we sally forth and...Davies, Deryk, Feeney and....Heskey hits the keeper with a real chance begging. Bit of Physio attentio for a couple as goals galore are announced from all areas. Grey leaves for them and Long appears? Ref books ....somebody.....we wait....Dervite and Davies both? They almost make it three as Dervite dives us a free kick. Heskey chopped from behind to no avail and....Wheater, Dervite, Casado, and a late corner. Dobbie takes it and......and....across the box and...it all ends with a throw for them. Four mins ( of agony?) added. A hopeful wallop goes to the keeper and I've had enough. Over and out....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:54 pm

It doesn't sound good when we are "allegedly" playing ok and lose....god help us when we hit poor form :(

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:54 pm

Tango, I admire and thank you for putting yourself through the pain of writing up commentary for us.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:55 pm

It needs a total rethink. Lennon has made a lot of errors. Signing right backs who aren't even involved. When we had far bigger problems to fix. Signing flashy wingers when we need to scrap our way out of trouble.

We're in massive shite now and Lennon needs to drastically change course. We need to scrap our way to points and pick a settled back four. Get Wilson at right back and Prince back to centre half.

Two holding midfield players with Feeney, Pratley and Mark Davies or Clayton behind a striker we desperately need to sign.

Everything is wrong and has been for a long time and Lennon is making too many key errors.

Needs a rethink and a mini rebuild with whatever cash is available.

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:55 pm

twilight wrote:It doesn't sound good when we are "allegedly" playing ok and lose....god help us when we hit poor form :(
Unless we're actually quite good and this is our poor form... this is what I would hope for...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:55 pm

This is awful. Goals are everything. Don't score enough. Conceded too many. Well past the point where playing well is enough.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:56 pm

Thanks Tango by the way......at least your on form :)

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:00 pm

Problem is that was exactly how I predicted it at half time. In fact even if we were playing well and leading I would have expected a defeat. That's how little I believe in these players.
This is not a team that's massively underperforming, this is it. There's nowhere to go with what we've got.

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:05 pm

Anyone still think things will be ok? Played well for 35 mins but no goal threat at all. Second half gave in. Wellington just runs into the full back, no confidence. Madine doesn't win headers and can't read the game. Genuinely one of the worst I have seen. Heskey!!! Not only will we go down, we will finish bottom. We are very very poor. Yes we are skint but so are others. We have no shape, no fight and no plan b.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:10 pm

Let's be honest. We are back exactly where we were last season. A manager running in circles, odd team selections, no sense of consistent shape, random changes. A set of inexplicable signings with the odd decent performance.

We are underperforming once again. We aren't the worst group of players in this division but we are statistically the worst team after 11 games.

Lennon needs to seriously re-examine everything he is doing. Fitness, preparation, systems, setups, all needs rethinking.

Next two home games are absolutely huge. 4 points as a bare minimum are required. And there simply can be no excuses.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:15 pm

Weird team selections are never a good sign. Need to improve. Doesn't feel as bad as last year yet though. Need wins soon or we're in huge trouble.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:19 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Let's be honest. We are back exactly where we were last season. A manager running in circles, odd team selections, no sense of consistent shape, random changes. A set of inexplicable signings with the odd decent performance.

We are underperforming once again. We aren't the worst group of players in this division but we are statistically the worst team after 11 games.

Lennon needs to seriously re-examine everything he is doing. Fitness, preparation, systems, setups, all needs rethinking.

Next two home games are absolutely huge. 4 points as a bare minimum are required. And there simply can be no excuses.
I agree with this - but we won't get 4 points from the next two home games, we will be lucky to get 1.