Season expectations

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Season expectations

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:32 pm

blackpool appear to be setting the early pace...

9 pts from 3 games - (and heading for a very healthy GD..)

yes - it's a marathon, not a sprint - but they have hit the ground running!!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:52 pm

thebish wrote:blackpool appear to be setting the early pace...

9 pts from 3 games - (and heading for a very healthy GD..)

yes - it's a marathon, not a sprint - but they have hit the ground running!!
6-0 now. Hmm early charge they are making. Blackburn look like having 7 points too.

Coyle needs to get moving otherwise once again to quote his famous phrase we will be 'playing catch up'.

Edit: on the plus side Wolves conceded a last minute goal to draw at home with Derby. Get the feeling it's not going to be as easy as saying 'we will beat this lot and struggle against them' this season. League is unpredictable.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:39 pm

End of October before we'll have an idea as to who the runners and riders are, I reckon.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:48 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:End of October before we'll have an idea as to who the runners and riders are, I reckon.
In one, Bruce. Far to early to say.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:58 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:End of October before we'll have an idea as to who the runners and riders are, I reckon.
10 games I'd say. If you're not in the top 7 or 8 then I think it's seriously time to worry!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:31 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
In one, Bruce. Far to early to say.
yeah - but not too early to say who is setting the EARLY PACE!!!! :spank:

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:54 pm

If we are not in the top 6 after 10 games I think Coyle will be under pressure from Eddie and Phil. Gartside has said a few times already how important it is to go straight back up due to the 70% increase next season in Premiership money.

No excuses now for Coyle. We have had 3 games to bed in and now it's time to push on or feck off.

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:49 pm

I'm already tired of reading "they're a decent side" and "they'll be there or thereabouts" about our opponents this season. Burnley, Derby and Forest will probably NOT be there or thereabouts yet they've dominated for long periods and, if we're honest, could easily have beaten us in each case. Even more concerning is the abject football and fitness on display. Don't say 'it's early days'. Our opponents have all been fitter, sharper and hungrier from the first minute.

We'll know more in 7 games of course but initial signs of rejuvenation, or the fruits of the famous 'rebuilding' project, are absent.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:55 pm

Forest will be top 8 I reckon, t'other two lower mid-table.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

benn
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by benn » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:05 pm

too early to say, but on the evidence thus far one can only deduce a points total of say 57- 61 given 4/9 x 138pts = 61 and 2/3 of those 3 games were played at home. So given the performances its mid to lower table if the current form continues.

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:10 am

benn wrote:too early to say, but on the evidence thus far one can only deduce a points total of say 57- 61 given 4/9 x 138pts = 61 and 2/3 of those 3 games were played at home. So given the performances its mid to lower table if the current form continues.
Yeah and Swansea will finish on 114 points

lets give it some time. Transfer window is open, Holden is trying to come back, the players are still learning the league. Speculation is kind of pointless right now

benn
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by benn » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:05 am

Jez wrote:
benn wrote:too early to say, but on the evidence thus far one can only deduce a points total of say 57- 61 given 4/9 x 138pts = 61 and 2/3 of those 3 games were played at home. So given the performances its mid to lower table if the current form continues.
Yeah and Swansea will finish on 114 points

lets give it some time. Transfer window is open, Holden is trying to come back, the players are still learning the league. Speculation is kind of pointless right now[/quote

So sorry for speculating on a light hearted thread about expectations! Let me know when its ok do so sir!