mark davies

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: mark davies

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:30 pm

Chungy27 wrote: I think that with Lee, Petrov, Eagles, Holden (and from what I've heard Sordell and Afobe) we are capable of nice football. .
I'll happily forego "nice football" in favour of effective football; the sort that scores goals and wins games.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:39 pm

South Wales the place where you struggle to get a pint on a Sunday afternoon and the best night out is Cardiff which is full of Taff tossers. Even feckin liverpool has nice areas outside it. Swansea is a sh*t hole full of jack b@st@rds

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:40 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Chungy27 wrote: I think that with Lee, Petrov, Eagles, Holden (and from what I've heard Sordell and Afobe) we are capable of nice football. .
I'll happily forego "nice football" in favour of effective football; the sort that scores goals and wins games.
remind me - what does that look like!!! :wink:

Chungy27
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Chungy27 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:44 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Me too! Just because we're capable of it doesn't mean it should be our only approach to winning a game

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:57 pm

Chungy27 wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Me too! Just because we're capable of it doesn't mean it should be our only approach to winning a game
this is news to me!! we have more than one way to win a game???? 8)

scotty
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by scotty » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:00 pm

Swansea wrote:
boltonboris wrote:As I've already said.. Another factor is the he's earning more with us, than you'd possibly pay him. He likes it here too.. He suits our 'Style of play'(tm), just not our formation.. But I think that will change next season.. I hope it will anyway! All depends on getting this big black dude to smash every fvcker in front of our back 4..

Or.. He knows how bored he'll get because he'll be bollocked for running with the ball rather than passing it to centre backs, getting it back, passing it to full backs, getting it back, passing it to the 'keeper ad infinitum..

Yawn
He doesn't suit your style of play as had been demonstrated by the fact he's the only player in your team who's a reliable passer of the ball.

He wont get bollocked for running the ball, plenty of our players do that sort of thing and it's the sort of thing that we would want in any replacement for Joe Allen. At Bolton he'll get bollocked for trying to play his way out of trouble and for not playing the ball long to Kevin Davies.

The fact that your calling passing play boring is the sort of thing that shows you don't really appreciate the sort of style of play that Mark Davies is suited to, passing play. Mark Davies is an excellent passer.
Swansea man must have been watching a different player to me for the last 3 years. I don't think Davies is a 'reliable' or 'excellent' passer of the ball. Seen him misplace loads of passes last season, although maybe thats the result of playing in a team who struggle to keep possession. The only thing Davies is reliable and excellent at is winning penalties, and some of them are a bit dodgy.
Who's that coming up the hill boys,
The Wanderers are coming up the hill boys,
They all laugh at us, they all mock at us,
They all say our days are numbered,

Born to be a Wanderer, victorious are we....

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:35 am

scotty wrote:
Swansea wrote:
boltonboris wrote:As I've already said.. Another factor is the he's earning more with us, than you'd possibly pay him. He likes it here too.. He suits our 'Style of play'(tm), just not our formation.. But I think that will change next season.. I hope it will anyway! All depends on getting this big black dude to smash every fvcker in front of our back 4..

Or.. He knows how bored he'll get because he'll be bollocked for running with the ball rather than passing it to centre backs, getting it back, passing it to full backs, getting it back, passing it to the 'keeper ad infinitum..

Yawn
He doesn't suit your style of play as had been demonstrated by the fact he's the only player in your team who's a reliable passer of the ball.

He wont get bollocked for running the ball, plenty of our players do that sort of thing and it's the sort of thing that we would want in any replacement for Joe Allen. At Bolton he'll get bollocked for trying to play his way out of trouble and for not playing the ball long to Kevin Davies.

The fact that your calling passing play boring is the sort of thing that shows you don't really appreciate the sort of style of play that Mark Davies is suited to, passing play. Mark Davies is an excellent passer.
Swansea man must have been watching a different player to me for the last 3 years. I don't think Davies is a 'reliable' or 'excellent' passer of the ball. Seen him misplace loads of passes last season, although maybe thats the result of playing in a team who struggle to keep possession. The only thing Davies is reliable and excellent at is winning penalties, and some of them are a bit dodgy.
His passing stats were the highest of anyone on our team at 87%.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:31 am

Facts are not welcome here Whookam :mrgreen: .
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:41 pm

He was fat and fecked off today. If he's here in September I'll be surprised.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:46 pm

officer_dibble wrote:He was fat and fecked off today. If he's here in September I'll be surprised.
Had forgotten he was playing until he got subbed.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:23 pm

He made Pratley look like a super sub.

dasher
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by dasher » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:25 pm

Mavies always reminds me of watching kids football where he gets the ball and tries to beat every other player on the pitch. It works 1 time in 1000 and everyone says oh isnt he a good player.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:34 pm

Mark Davies needs the ball

We need players to win it and give it him

I aint holding my breath
Sto ut Serviam

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:58 pm

Leyther_Matt wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:He was fat and fecked off today. If he's here in September I'll be surprised.
Had forgotten he was playing until he got subbed.

Same here
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:59 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Mark Davies needs the ball

I aint holding my breath
Exactly. He's one of the most gifted players in the squad. Aint his fault he's being asked to do a job he's not equipped for
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:01 pm

I might disagree a bit with Caps, I'm not convinced that Mark Davies is anywhere near good enough or has shown enough yet, to warrant building a team around him.

However he has little chance in the role hes being asked to play!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:02 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:Mark Davies needs the ball

I aint holding my breath
Exactly. He's one of the most gifted players in the squad. Aint his fault he's being asked to do a job he's not equipped for
But given that he is asked to do a job he's not equipped for, constantly, we might as well take the cash - but not give it to that clueless fcukwit.

Martin_Cruise
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Martin_Cruise » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:37 pm

My Burnley mates couldn't believe Mark Davies was this £8 million rated player.They all thought he went hiding today.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:42 pm

here's the thing..

he's a professional footballer - how one-skilled are you allowed to be nowadays?? if nobody is giving you the ball - go and get the fecking thing!!!

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:42 pm

Martin_Cruise wrote:My Burnley mates couldn't believe Mark Davies was this £8 million rated player.They all thought he went hiding today.
i carnt believe we paid a million pound plus for teamcoyle.

#robbed