Jaffka's gossip thread on the ins and outs at the 'Bok

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Jaffka's gossip thread on the ins and outs at the 'Bok

Post by SmokinFrazier » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:35 pm

It seems all the talk at the moment is about Mills, Andrews and Sanchez, but are we still looking at bringing in a couple on loan? I know we have the deal with Chelsea to take someone off them but it also seems likely we'll end up with a player from Arsenal and maybe City too. Any names being thrown around?

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:15 pm

How about Danny Guthrie on a free?


m_taylor
Promising
Promising

Post by m_taylor » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:15 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:It seems all the talk at the moment is about Mills, Andrews and Sanchez, but are we still looking at bringing in a couple on loan? I know we have the deal with Chelsea to take someone off them but it also seems likely we'll end up with a player from Arsenal and maybe City too. Any names being thrown around?
I have heard Boyata is a possible one from City. Could cover right back and in the center. Was ok towards the end of the season but not the solid defender we require.

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:40 pm

If sooner Gartside plays than bring back bloody Boyata.

Stay. Well. Away.
PLEASE!

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:49 pm

adamworthy2002 wrote:How about Danny Guthrie on a free?
To me, always looked like he had potential. Mark Davies when he first arrived reminded me a lot of Guthrie. I think he'd be a good one to bring in, if the wages aren't too high.

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:52 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
To me, always looked like he had potential. Mark Davies when he first arrived reminded me a lot of Guthrie. I think he'd be a good one to bring in, if the wages aren't too high.
Seemed to do quite well with Newcastle in the championship but with them now chasing Champions league he's not needed

Bring him in!


Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:55 pm

As long as he's not organising a party...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:56 pm

Why? Are we low on tippy tappy midfielders who cant fecking tackle all of a sudden?

I seriously query my own sanity at times.

Championship = battling football

Our team currently = tippy tappy short on grit

even coyle seems to have woken up to this if he is trying to sign some of the players we are 'linked with'.

Sign someone with bottle!

dionnn
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by dionnn » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:25 pm

Knight agrees Wanderers stay

5:50pm Monday 18th June 2012 in Latest By Marc Iles

ZAT Knight is to extend his stay at the Reebok next season, The Bolton News understands.

The big defender had been mulling over his future on holiday in America over the last few weeks but has now indicated that he will remain with the club into a fourth campaign.

Knight has played in the Premier League consistently since breaking through at Fulham over a decade ago and had been tipped to join the growing band of former Wanderers players at West Ham United under Sam Allardyce.

But the 32-year-old has instead decided to stay and fight for the first team place he lost under Owen Coyle in February after the arrival of US international Tim Ream.

Wanderers are close to wrapping up a couple of deals, with more news expected later tonight.

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:31 pm

dionnn wrote:Knight agrees Wanderers stay

ZAT Knight is to extend his stay at the Reebok next season, The Bolton News understands.

The big defender had been mulling over his future on holiday in America over the last few weeks but has now indicated that he will remain with the club into a fourth campaign.

Knight has played in the Premier League consistently since breaking through at Fulham over a decade ago and had been tipped to join the growing band of former Wanderers players at West Ham United under Sam Allardyce.

But the 32-year-old has instead decided to stay and fight for the first team place he lost under Owen Coyle in February after the arrival of US international Tim Ream.

Wanderers are close to wrapping up a couple of deals, with more news expected later tonight.
Bollocks


plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:32 pm

:doh:
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:34 pm

I guess Allardyce pulled out of the deal after watching some of our games from last season


dionnn
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by dionnn » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:34 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:

The last sentence is what interested me

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:35 pm

dionnn wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:

The last sentence is what interested me
I hope it's someone I've at least heard of


Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:39 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Why? Are we low on tippy tappy midfielders who cant fecking tackle all of a sudden?

I seriously query my own sanity at times.

Championship = battling football

Our team currently = tippy tappy short on grit

even coyle seems to have woken up to this if he is trying to sign some of the players we are 'linked with'.

Sign someone with bottle!
you say that but pratley did score 11 goals in his last championship season

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:50 pm

May the bridges I burn light your way

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:00 pm

sorry hows that relevant to my post?(jez)

What im trying to say is that we only have one midfielder who can tackle his way out of a paper bag available for August. And he has just spent 18 months injured. Will he be the same player?

Hence WE NEED TO SIGN A MIDFIELDER WHOSE PRIMARY FUNCTION IS DEFENSIVE.

I mean in an ideal world I'd sign two,.but in the event of Holden and Muamba being unavailable we could play Vela who I thought looked pretty fearless from what little I saw.

As for Knight well I'm hardly surprised he hasn't found a more cushynumber in the last month. Maybe he wont take it for granted now. Shame as thats two relatively soft centre halves. Id of preferred a taggart like player in there.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:02 pm

I think fighting for his place means he'll be spending time on the bench so I hope he isn't costing us a bomb in wages. I hope rather than believe this is a good move.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:04 pm

No its fukin awful really cos it means

a) coyle is incapable of finding anyone better
b) we have to pay for another year of his cant be arsed attitude

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:06 pm

I meant more about the championship being a battling league, tippy tappy midfielders seem to have a lot more of an impact in it and I bet pratley and mavies both will

But I do agree a strong tackling mid is needed