The Debt.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Re: The Debt.

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:18 pm

More like Falkor out of the Never ending Story!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:47 pm

These are the most likely horsemen to be rocking up at the Reebok stadium

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:51 pm

Hoboh wrote:Image

Judging by recent results and the injury list, pestilence and famine are already with us.

Still, be reet. :wink:

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:58 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:

Judging by recent results and the injury list, pestilence and famine are already with us.

more signings that we did'nt need!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:00 pm

Is one of them wearing a tiara?! :D
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:15 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

Still, it's four more than your thread managed ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:21 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

Still, it's four more than your thread managed ;)

:spank:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:37 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:As it's that time of year I've opened up my mini Advent Calendar of Doooooooooooom. (it's one those with a little battery and tinny music, playing 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 we're leaving together, but still it's farewell...)

Mon 21st December - (6 days away) wage day. If the staff get paid, glimmers of hope. if not...
Wed 30th December - (15 days away) first team wage day. second month in succession?...
Thu 31st December - (16 days away) if no pay yesterday, notices can be handed in...
Thu 14th January - (30 days away) any who handed in notices can walk away...
Mon 18th January - (34 days away) winding up petition goes before the beak...
So in essence we are 34 days and counting from liquidation and BWFC not existing.

I think something will intervene. Reading between the lines from what Nixon is saying it SOUNDS TO ME like Eddie and one of the interested parties are working on a deal where they share immediate costs. That would tie in with his "trying to reduce costs" line.

Also would make sense. Eddie won't want to pay any bills without being sure someone will be stepping in VERY soon. Sharing initial costs with an interested party reduces the burden on them, but also means Eddie knows someone is committed to the process.

We aren't going to have a deal concluded in time for 18th Jan, not with due diligence etc. But this would be a way of keeping going.

I hope something like this happens as I feel this is what it will take.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:38 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
I think something will intervene.

:shock: I think BWFC _I must be ill!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:40 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I've never said we'd be liquidated. Though the countdown is on.

Suspect some sort of a deal can be cobbled together to avoid that. Though of course voluntary administration is the back up before 18th Jan.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:43 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Suspect some sort of a deal can be cobbled together to avoid that. Though of course voluntary administration is the back up before 18th Jan.

that's better! :oyea:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:54 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Your mate twatted that the club are telling the interested parties that one party is close to concluding a deal. However, I think he gets the impression that the club are playing both ends against the middle.
May the bridges I burn light your way

needles
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by needles » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:59 pm

Ay up lads. I posted a bit on here in the run up to the season opener at your place adjacent my team, Derby. I had a sound reception from everyone and as I recall your boys could easily have won the game on the day. Anyway, just read a piece about your current plight and wanted to come back on here to wish you all the best and tell you to stick with it.

Derby nearly got wound up in the high court in the mid 80's and finished up in the 3rd Div. Minutes away from going bust. We got through it and so will you. It's brilliant clubs like Bolton and Derby that make football great in this country, not the pay tv Charsepool Utd glory hunters. You time will come again.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:14 pm

needles wrote:Ay up lads. I posted a bit on here in the run up to the season opener at your place adjacent my team, Derby. I had a sound reception from everyone and as I recall your boys could easily have won the game on the day. Anyway, just read a piece about your current plight and wanted to come back on here to wish you all the best and tell you to stick with it.

Derby nearly got wound up in the high court in the mid 80's and finished up in the 3rd Div. Minutes away from going bust. We got through it and so will you. It's brilliant clubs like Bolton and Derby that make football great in this country, not the pay tv Charsepool Utd glory hunters. You time will come again.
Cheers mate.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:28 pm

needles wrote:Ay up lads. I posted a bit on here in the run up to the season opener at your place adjacent my team, Derby. I had a sound reception from everyone and as I recall your boys could easily have won the game on the day. Anyway, just read a piece about your current plight and wanted to come back on here to wish you all the best and tell you to stick with it.

Cheers mate! there's quite a few examples of teams pulling through! but we do seem to be in the sh!t! not ordinary sh!t but proper sh!t.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:As it's that time of year I've opened up my mini Advent Calendar of Doooooooooooom. (it's one those with a little battery and tinny music, playing 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 we're leaving together, but still it's farewell...)

Mon 21st December - (6 days away) wage day. If the staff get paid, glimmers of hope. if not...
Wed 30th December - (15 days away) first team wage day. second month in succession?...
Thu 31st December - (16 days away) if no pay yesterday, notices can be handed in...
So in essence we are 34 days and counting from liquidation and BWFC not existing.
No mate, that's not right. You're managing to simultaneously extrapolate the consequences and concertina the timeline.

We're 34 days away from a High Court appearance to receive a winding-up petition. Even if that petition were accepted uncontested, we wouldn't be liquidated that afternoon and wink out of existence.

What almost always happens in these instances is that the club requests time to pay the bill, citing imminence of takeover etc. Accrington got two separate extensions – or "stays of execution" as the hacks would no doubt call it – to pay their tax debt. Northampton got a fortnight. With demonstrable proof that buyers are being sought and options discussed, I would be astonished if we didn't get time.

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:37 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

No mate, that's not right. You're managing to simultaneously extrapolate the consequences and concertina the timeline.

We're 34 days away from a High Court appearance to receive a winding-up petition. Even if that petition were accepted uncontested, we wouldn't be liquidated that afternoon and wink out of existence.

What almost always happens in these instances is that the club requests time to pay the bill, citing imminence of takeover etc. Accrington got two separate extensions – or "stays of execution" as the hacks would no doubt call it – to pay their tax debt. Northampton got a fortnight. With demonstrable proof that buyers are being sought and options discussed, I would be astonished if we didn't get time.
Terrific so we can spin out the agony through lengthy due process? Assuming no one gives notice and fecks off in the meantime and we retain enough personnel to turn the lights on and off and fufill our fixtures.. Could we not forfeit the rest of the season to save on overheads? Start again in League 1 next term.. cos this is the death of 1000 snores
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:39 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

You're nearer the mark than Insano, DSB, but the law has changed with regard to the way football clubs and insolvency operate since Accrington's day. HMRC are now a renowned agressive creditor when it comes to sporting businesses as a result, and the most likely next move after the petition hearing is a winding up order from the judge with a date set for that between a week to a month from the petition date - that'll be the leeway period and its length will be dependent on how aggressive the HMRC petition is and how lenient the judge is with regard to that. But more than likely the petition date wouldn't arrive because up to a day before BWFC could go into voluntary administration which scuppers HMRCs petition dead in the water. Once in administration the length of time would then depend on how fast we are leaking dosh and the capability of the administrator to keep things going. (of course the timetable stops as soon as a new buyer steps forward.)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:58 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Your mate twatted that the club are telling the interested parties that one party is close to concluding a deal. However, I think he gets the impression that the club are playing both ends against the middle.

good job we have a negotiator on board who knows what he's doing! #trustintrev #trustint'rev

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:40 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:You're nearer the mark than Insano, DSB, but the law has changed with regard to the way football clubs and insolvency operate since Accrington's day. HMRC are now a renowned agressive creditor when it comes to sporting businesses as a result, and the most likely next move after the petition hearing is a winding up order from the judge with a date set for that between a week to a month from the petition date - that'll be the leeway period and its length will be dependent on how aggressive the HMRC petition is and how lenient the judge is with regard to that. But more than likely the petition date wouldn't arrive because up to a day before BWFC could go into voluntary administration which scuppers HMRCs petition dead in the water. Once in administration the length of time would then depend on how fast we are leaking dosh and the capability of the administrator to keep things going. (of course the timetable stops as soon as a new buyer steps forward.)
Cheers LLS.