Worthy's better class of transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Worthy's better class of transfer thread

Post by ChrisC » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:04 am

Riviman wrote:Reports suggesting the Fraser deal is.

http://www.burndenaces.co.uk/2013/01/29 ... -hold.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Must have heard about the dreaded bleep test and made a sharpish return to Scotland! 8)

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:14 am

This Mohamed Kamara one makes sense. The guy spent time in Finland, so naturally when watching the Premier League he supported Bolton because of Jussi. He's obviously dreamed of playing for us since then. See, makes sense!*

Edit: Tongue in cheek*
Last edited by Beefheart on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:22 am

It's not stacking up for me. First we've heard of it, with two days to go. Does he need a work permit?

It seems an odd one, because even if the 16M was ridiculous, it surely can't have been £16M too ridiculous. I can't see us spending any serious money, and how a player can drop from a media value of £16M to £300,000 in the space of a few months I honestly don't know.

And whilst we were linked with that Jedinak from Palace, (though I think that was probably just a half hearted attempt to piss them off and steal him for peanuts) we've not exactly been linked with lots of midfield players. And with Vela and Holden, virtually back in the fold and Mark Davies close apparently, then you'd have to question whether we'd really be spending more resources in that area at this time.

Who knows? It just all sounds a bit odd.

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:24 am

Who cares? It's brilliant. All we need now is someone to be airlifted to the 'Bok by helicopter and the saga will be complete.

DEADLINE DAY MADNESS TOMORROW :D

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:30 am

mrkint wrote:Who cares? It's brilliant. All we need now is someone to be airlifted to the 'Bok by helicopter and the saga will be complete.

DEADLINE DAY MADNESS TOMORROW :D
It's not the same though as the loan window stays open in the championship.

I doubt we'll rush through signing anyone significant, why waste money now?

As a premiership side sure, you used January as the last chance to stay up, get into Europe or whatever.

We're not playing the merrygoround money and transfer game anymore.

But yeah....deadline day woooo woooooo......

Worth it just to see those saddo Stoke fans stood outside their training ground everytime!

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:31 am

BWFC_Insane wrote: Worth it just to see those saddo Stoke fans stood outside their training ground everytime!
:lol:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:42 am

mrkint wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: Worth it just to see those saddo Stoke fans stood outside their training ground everytime!

That guy wearing the red went viral as the ugliest t**t ever.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:45 am

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:
Toni_DelijeSever wrote:300 000 euros is the fee. Only rumours...
From 16million to 300,000 - he'll be sponsored by DFS !
Only till Thursday though.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:49 am

bobo the clown wrote:
ohjimmyjimmy wrote:
Toni_DelijeSever wrote:300 000 euros is the fee. Only rumours...
From 16million to 300,000 - he'll be sponsored by DFS !
Only till Thursday though.
You sure they wont announce an extension on Wednesday evening during the Corrie ad break?

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:39 am

mrkint wrote:

Feck me!! Fulham bid 4 million of the queens english pounds on Alan Hutton!!

Look at the tef on that ugly fecker :mrgreen:

Toni_DelijeSever
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Toni_DelijeSever » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:08 pm

It's nearly official now, Medo confirmed these rumours, saying he will pass the medical and sign today. Our medias also confirmed DF is trying to sign Fraser from Hamilton and Bogler from Leicester.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaVIQoyFue0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:11 pm

Toni_DelijeSever wrote:It's nearly official now, Medo confirmed these rumours, saying he will pass the medical and sign today. Our medias also confirmed DF is trying to sign Fraser from Hamilton and Bogler from Leicester.
Medo's wiki page already updated. That's good enough for me! 8)
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:13 pm

Toni_DelijeSever wrote:It's nearly official now, Medo confirmed these rumours, saying he will pass the medical and sign today. Our medias also confirmed DF is trying to sign Fraser from Hamilton and Bogler from Leicester.

Cool stuff, thanks tony. Do you have a link to Medo confirming the rumours? Not that I will be able to read it, but would be good to see quotes =]

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:14 pm

Stoke are trying to buy Alonso. YHIHF.

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:16 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Stoke are trying to buy Alonso. YHIHF.
Fans seem happy with that.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:18 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote: Medo's wiki page already updated. That's good enough for me! 8)
Didn't your mother tell you, "Never take sweets from a stranger and don't believe anything wikipedia has to say" :spank:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Toni_DelijeSever
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Toni_DelijeSever » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:26 pm

mrkint wrote:

Cool stuff, thanks tony. Do you have a link to Medo confirming the rumours? Not that I will be able to read it, but would be good to see quotes =]
Of course :)

http://sportal.rs/news.php?news=92413" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ništa još nije gotovo, moram još malo da sačekam. Sutra krećem, pa ćemo videti, nadam se da će sve biti u redu. Bolton je dobar klub, jeste da je ispao is najjače lige, ali je i Čempionšip jako prvenstvo i to je dobro za mene. Veliki je to klub i dobra prilika za mene da igram u jakoj konkurenciji. Želim samo da odem tamo i da igram najbolje što mogu.
Translation:
Nothing is over yet, I have to wait a little longer. I'll be leaving tommorrow, so we'll see, I hope everything is going to be fine. Bolton is a good club, they were relegated last season, but Championship is a very strong competition and that is good for me. It's a great club and a good opportunity for me to play in a strong environment. I just wish to go there and play as best as I can.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaVIQoyFue0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Toni_DelijeSever
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Toni_DelijeSever » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:27 pm

http://www.en.partizan.rs/48694-kamara-goes-to-england/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now confirmed on Partizan official site, but as you can see, no club's name, only England.

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:33 pm

Toni_DelijeSever wrote:http://www.en.partizan.rs/48694-kamara-goes-to-england/

Now confirmed on Partizan official site, but as you can see, no club's name, only England.
Thanks

In the video interview he says that the club he is going to "dropped down in the league", and are in the championship. And then mentions Bolton by name a minute later! Ha!

A bit fecking cryptic all this, isn't it?

chester white
Promising
Promising

Post by chester white » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:36 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:It's not stacking up for me. First we've heard of it, with two days to go. Does he need a work permit?

It seems an odd one, because even if the 16M was ridiculous, it surely can't have been £16M too ridiculous. I can't see us spending any serious money, and how a player can drop from a media value of £16M to £300,000 in the space of a few months I honestly don't know.

And whilst we were linked with that Jedinak from Palace, (though I think that was probably just a half hearted attempt to piss them off and steal him for peanuts) we've not exactly been linked with lots of midfield players. And with Vela and Holden, virtually back in the fold and Mark Davies close apparently, then you'd have to question whether we'd really be spending more resources in that area at this time.

Who knows? It just all sounds a bit odd.
He's got a Finnish Citizenship as far as I can tell after escaping from the accommodation at the U17's FIFA Youth Tournament and applying for asylum haha!

Whilst my first priority would probably be a winger, I can see why he's after a central midfielder with a view to the long term.

If Freedman's favoured formation going forward is 4-2-3-1 then Mark Davies and Pratley will the two contesting for the position behind the striker.

Then for the sitters we've got the following:

Holden back which is great news, but we don't know if he's going to be half the player he was or if he might jog on for free in summer if a big club come calling.

Andrews who is 32, with an achilies injury he's been playing through for weeks, and no real indication as to when he's back or if he will need an operation as far as I'm aware.

Vela who is young and promising but ultimately unproven and also coming back from a relatively long term knee injury

Finally Spearing who isn't our player and indications are we won't be pursuing him on a permanent deal.

Ideally I'd like him to be a bit bigger in the Faye mould, but personally can see where Dougie is coming from on this one. Just hope he is as good Toni describes earlier.
The Sherpa Van Trophy! We've won it one time!