mark davies

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Re: mark davies

Post by truewhite15 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:24 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:yestrdays Mark Davies was entirely consistent with what he has shown over the last 15 months
when you want someone to come short - to link up play- to take a bit of responsibility- to create
to - you know - play midfield rather than ponce around he's the last player you can count on.

4-4-2 451 doesnt matter a feck.i fear he's just not good enough. in this or any division.
there - got that off my chest
Yep Bish summed it up well before. If he wanted to get on the ball he could have done. Fact is he went hiding yet again. For me he always goes hiding when the chips are down and that's one thing I don't like. I'm also not convinced that two chicken head runs a game rarely with end product are evideence of a great player.
I keep trying with that last sentence, and I'm not getting anywhere. Am I being thick, or...? :conf:

Swansea
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Swansea » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:37 pm

Well we've given up on Mark Davies, you turned down £6 million for him when you should have accepted. You were greedy and wanted £8 million for him or even £10 million for him depending on who you believe.

Anyway, we look like we're closing in on signing Ki Sung Yeung for £6 million, supposed to be completed tommorow as we've looked elsewhere. I said we would, we have, and i'm very happy that we did because although Mark Davies is a good player there's no doubt that Ki is a better player and a player that i'm much happier we're spending this sort of fee on.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:41 pm

Swansea wrote:Well we've given up on Mark Davies, you turned down £6 million for him when you should have accepted. You were greedy and wanted £8 million for him or even £10 million for him depending on who you believe.

Anyway, we look like we're closing in on signing Ki Sung Yeung for £6 million, supposed to be completed tommorow as we've looked elsewhere. I said we would, we have, and i'm very happy that we did because although Mark Davies is a good player there's no doubt that Ki is a better player and a player that i'm much happier we're spending this sort of fee on.
Seen plenty of Ki Seung Yeung have you?
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Swansea
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Swansea » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:43 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:
Swansea wrote:Well we've given up on Mark Davies, you turned down £6 million for him when you should have accepted. You were greedy and wanted £8 million for him or even £10 million for him depending on who you believe.

Ki Sung Yeung*

Yes I have, more than I have of Mark Davies anyway.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:49 pm

Swansea wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:
Swansea wrote: there's no doubt that Ki is a better player and a player that i'm much happier we're spending this sort of fee on.
Ki Sung Yeung*

Yes I have, more than I have of Mark Davies anyway.
So you don't know at all then?! What's that Indian called down the back of the newspaper offices? It's bugging me now!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Martin_Cruise
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Martin_Cruise » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:21 pm

I think that is the biggest transfer cock up Gartside has ever made, even moreso than letting Megson pay £2 million for Shittu.I don't think we'll get anything like that for Davies when he leaves.

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:44 pm

Ki isnt the most marquee of signings but he'll do a decent job for you.
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:48 pm

Michael Laudrup obviously doesn't agree.

Swansea
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Swansea » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:33 pm

Tombwfc wrote:

How do you know? Because he went in for one player first doesn't mean he thinks he's a better player, Davies was someone that was already being looked at before Laudrup arrived so it was clear that Davies was going to be the number one target as soon as Allen left. Once we gave up on Davies we broadened our horizons and managed to get Ki and it seems we were willing to bid more for Ki then we were for Davies originally, but we've managed to get good value and Celtic weren't so stubborn in negotiations.

Anyway, bid accepted for Ki. £5 million if you believe Sky Sports, closer to £6 million if you believe BBC Scotland, £5.5 million and Stephen Dobbie if you believe the Daily Mail.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:51 pm

yep he is abs

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:58 pm

Swansea wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:

How do you know? Because he went in for one player first doesn't mean he thinks he's a better player, Davies was someone that was already being looked at before Laudrup arrived so it was clear that Davies was going to be the number one target as soon as Allen left. Once we gave up on Davies we broadened our horizons and managed to get Ki and it seems we were willing to bid more for Ki then we were for Davies originally, but we've managed to get good value and Celtic weren't so stubborn in negotiations.

Anyway, bid accepted for Ki. £5 million if you believe Sky Sports, closer to £6 million if you believe BBC Scotland, £5.5 million and Stephen Dobbie if you believe the Daily Mail.
IMO There ain't alot of difference between Allen and Sparky in ability you value Allen at 15 million and Sparky at 5 million

Why should't we hold out for 10 million if Allen is a smidgen better than Sparky it certainly ain't 10 million pound better or 5 mill for that matter

You failed to land your number one target cus your tight as a duck's ass
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:39 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
Swansea wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:

IMO There ain't alot of difference between Allen and Sparky in ability you value Allen at 15 million and Sparky at 5 million

Why should't we hold out for 10 million if Allen is a smidgen better than Sparky it certainly ain't 10 million pound better or 5 mill for that matter

Not a lot of difference between Allen and Davies? There is sorry,
Davies isn't anywhere near....

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:43 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:
Swansea wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:

Not a lot of difference between Allen and Davies? There is sorry,
Davies isn't anywhere near....

Not 10 million fvcking quids worth there ain't
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Swansea
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Swansea » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:37 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
Swansea wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:

Well why should we over pay for Davies just because we've recieved a lot of money for Joe Allen?

We've ended up winners here because Ki is undoutedly the better player and it looks like as if we've got him for £4 million cheaper than you wanted for Mark Davies. That is what we get as a result of being tight, doing better buisness.

You've turned down a bid for Mark Davies for more than he's worth.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:55 pm

Swansea wrote: You've turned down a bid for Mark Davies for more than he's worth.
1/ Mark Davies isn't for sale.

2/ Mark Davies went in to see Coyle to ask him not to sell him to you.

And that, as they say, is that!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:05 pm

Swansea wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:

Why wouldn't it mean (or at least, heavily indicate) that? If we had accepted your initial bid Mark Davies would be a Swansea player. It's not like Ki has suddenly come on everyone's radar.

Why would 'Davies being someone that was looked at' by another manager make him the number one target for the new manager, despite Ki apparently being undoubtedly the better player? Where is the logic in that? If an undoubtedly better player is out there, why piss around going for some fat lad from Bolton?

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:21 pm

Swansea wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:
Swansea wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:

Well why should we over pay for Davies just because we've recieved a lot of money for Joe Allen?

We've ended up winners here because Ki is undoutedly the better player and it looks like as if we've got him for £4 million cheaper than you wanted for Mark Davies. That is what we get as a result of being tight, doing better buisness.

You've turned down a bid for Mark Davies for more than he's worth.

Contradicting yourself there

And if he's the better player why did't you go for him originally then

Yup your lot are to shrewd

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:43 pm

Swansea's right about overvaluing mark Davies (at least as long as Coyle plays him in a midfield 4). He ain't worth sh*t in that system.

And I really liked Swansea last season... Got the very best out of a limited, starless team...

We had the better players. And the poorer management...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:36 am

Feillaini last night, now that was a top class, attacking midfield performance at the highest level.

Involved constantly, working constantly, tracking back, tackling, body on the line, and a goal.

Now Davies is different in style, he's not going to be scoring many headers. But the effort and attitude Feilaini showed, well Mark Davies is well short of that. And you know, none of that, NONE is down to the respective abilities of the two players.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:39 am

So you don't think Fellaini has more ability than Mark Davies?

Fellaini cost the best part of £15m if memory serves.... You should expect a performance like that 3/4 times a year for that money.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"