Eidur in BIG debt.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:34 pm

bobby5 wrote:Eidur, Lampard and Terry reportedly lost £600K in one afternoon a few years back. When questioned they shrugged it off.
That's now a fortnight's wages each, for men who are millionaires.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Eidur in BIG debt.

Post by H. Pedersen » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:13 pm

Sir Nat wrote:Eidur is said to owe Banque Havilland in Luxembourg £4million and Glitnir Bank in Iceland £1.8million. Other debts make the figure more than £6million.
Why are banks loaning him money for this?!

Village_Idiot2
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Village_Idiot2 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:50 am

I assume he has some properties, and his high wages make him a relatively low risk loanee.

Plus we have been witness of Icelandic banks' business acumen.

rockthereebok
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by rockthereebok » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:37 am

Village_Idiot2 wrote:Plus we have been witness of Icelandic banks' business acumen.

:D :D :D

To be honest, if £6 million is his total debt and includes stuff other than gambling (mortgages etc) and he really is earning £3 million a year he's not doing too badly. Anyone out there who as a mortgage should think about how much they earn a year and there outstanding debt on that to get a comparison.

However, if it is just gambling debt he's probably screwed...

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Eidur in BIG debt.

Post by fatshaft » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:47 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:
Sir Nat wrote:Eidur is said to owe Banque Havilland in Luxembourg £4million and Glitnir Bank in Iceland £1.8million. Other debts make the figure more than £6million.
Why are banks loaning him money for this?!
I rather suspect he dind't go in asking for a gambling loan, educated guess would be he negotiated a large overdraft, which on his wages would be easy enough, then pissed it away.

johnsonv2k10
Hopeful
Hopeful

Debt Collection Agency

Post by johnsonv2k10 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:27 am

Debt Consolidate is one of the safest yet easiest ways for you the debt ridden consumer to get yourself out of your debt problems. A professional debt company will work with your creditors on your behalf in order to obtain for you the best deal possible. With this approach, it is possible to save thousands on interest charges and interest fees. They will design a payment plan that fits your budget.

=========================

Debt Collection Agency

Horza
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Horza » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:05 am

Thanks for that, johson the spambot - sadly, Eidur stopped reading this forum in protest at Sir Nut's banning but I will pass your message on via the medium of dance.
"Any useless person; any liar; any drunkard; anyone under the influence; anyone high on drugs; can talk on the Internet, and you read what he writes and you believe it."
- Muammar Gaddafi, 16/1/2011

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:30 am

So, somebody developed a bot that scans forums around the world for any reference to debt, then that bot registers itself and posts on the thread?

Imagine if the people who came up with this **** turned their attention to world peace . . .

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:22 am

H. Pedersen wrote:So, somebody developed a bot that scans forums around the world for any reference to debt, then that bot registers itself and posts on the thread?

Imagine if the people who came up with this **** turned their attention to world peace . . .
Yeah we'd be at war forever :mrgreen:

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:20 am

Hoboh wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:So, somebody developed a bot that scans forums around the world for any reference to debt, then that bot registers itself and posts on the thread?

Yeah we'd be at war forever :mrgreen:
We already are.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:29 am

Its times like this that we should sound an 'off topic' alarm, and let the weakest of us run for cover while the big guns stay and slug it out...

I say Eidur's debt is all Margaret Thatcher's fault, personally... :)

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:39 am

If you are in debt, just write to the people yourself; say what you've got, tell them how much they can have, and don't be scared by any 'formal or legal' looking letters you receive. Under no circumstances fill out any of those 'means test , income/outgoings' forms the credit companies are so fond of, and never, ever,discuss your financial situation with a 'representative' over the telephone, no matter how hard they try to push you. If you owe under 20 grand, tell the company or companies to take you to court if they wish. If you have made them a reasonable offer usualy they decline legal action, as it's not worth the bother. Some may take you to County Court; don't be afraid as it's common practice for the CC Judge to side with you, as long as you are making some kind of regular payment, however token this may be. Also, keep copies of all correspondence, and a diary of calls made to you by finance/credit companies/debt collectors.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:10 am

Horza wrote:Thanks for that, johson the spambot - sadly, Eidur stopped reading this forum in protest at Sir Nut's banning but I will pass your message on via the medium of dance.
:oyea: :pray: :mrgreen: :lmfao:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:53 pm

In the right team with Matty Etherington then

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:21 pm

officer_dibble wrote:In the right team with Matty Etherington then
I bet he isn't !
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:32 am

Il Pirate wrote:If you are in debt, just write to the people yourself; say what you've got, tell them how much they can have, and don't be scared by any 'formal or legal' looking letters you receive. Under no circumstances fill out any of those 'means test , income/outgoings' forms the credit companies are so fond of, and never, ever,discuss your financial situation with a 'representative' over the telephone, no matter how hard they try to push you. If you owe under 20 grand, tell the company or companies to take you to court if they wish. If you have made them a reasonable offer usualy they decline legal action, as it's not worth the bother. Some may take you to County Court; don't be afraid as it's common practice for the CC Judge to side with you, as long as you are making some kind of regular payment, however token this may be. Also, keep copies of all correspondence, and a diary of calls made to you by finance/credit companies/debt collectors.
Or, don't buy stuff you can't afford.

SonsOfThunder
Promising
Promising

Post by SonsOfThunder » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:38 am

H. Pedersen wrote:
We Yanks are quite good at that moderation and modesty business, aren't we? :roll:

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:26 pm

SonsOfThunder wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:
We Yanks are quite good at that moderation and modesty business, aren't we? :roll:
Are you listening Hicks and Gillett??

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:29 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:
Il Pirate wrote:If you are in debt, just write to the people yourself; say what you've got, tell them how much they can have, and don't be scared by any 'formal or legal' looking letters you receive. Under no circumstances fill out any of those 'means test , income/outgoings' forms the credit companies are so fond of, and never, ever,discuss your financial situation with a 'representative' over the telephone, no matter how hard they try to push you. If you owe under 20 grand, tell the company or companies to take you to court if they wish. If you have made them a reasonable offer usualy they decline legal action, as it's not worth the bother. Some may take you to County Court; don't be afraid as it's common practice for the CC Judge to side with you, as long as you are making some kind of regular payment, however token this may be. Also, keep copies of all correspondence, and a diary of calls made to you by finance/credit companies/debt collectors.
Remind me about your National Debt then.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:23 pm

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:
Remind me about your National Debt then.
Too many zeroes for your imagination to grasp, Zulus - sometimes number are too big for comprehension.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.