January transfer window...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:12 pm

i was gonna say..poor lad doesnt know whether he's coming or going, is this a ploy to unsettle him? ;)

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:09 pm

Nailed on. We should run a sweepstake for who mentions the Veloso 'deal' first during the window :D
Pfffft.

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:05 pm

The Voice Of Reason

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:06 pm

Salford Trotter wrote:surely not.....

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... dfield-ace
That has to be a pile of crap, doesn't it?

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:12 pm

Don't buy into that.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:39 am

He won't come back here, plus can't see Coyley outlaying money for him to be honest when we may need money spent elsewhere
Pfffft.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:31 pm

Wigan have been making lots of noise about making Al Habsi's move permanent - they want a cut-price top-grade keeper...

but is seems we are digging our heels in - quite rightly!!

(this from a Wigan site)
Owen Coyle and Bolton Wanderers are being greedy and are threatening to hold up any potential move of Ali Al Habsi's to his preferred destination, the DW Stadium.

The 28 year old goalkeeper is presently on loan with the Latics from Bolton and has been a revelation since his arrival.

Latics boss Roberto Martinez has made no secret his desire to keep the Oman international on a permanent basis, however it appears that Owen Coyle has different ideas.

The Bolton boss has ideas that he can demand silly money for the goalkeeper, despite the fact that he could well want to leave the Reebok.

Speaking to the Bolton Evening News, Coyle said: “The only way they can keep him for good is by paying our club a large transfer fee – if indeed that’s acceptable to us.

“Wigan can make as much noise as they want, ultimately I’ll decide whether Ali Al-Habsi is a Bolton Wanderers goalkeeper or not.

“There’s no anticipation necessary. I’ll decide what happens on Al-Habsi, in conjunction with the chairman and the owner.

“We put him on loan because it was a win-win-win situation. Ali gets games in the Premier League, we get a terrific loan fee, and I have got a terrific goalkeeper in Adam Bogdan, who has shown he can step in when necessary – so it was a great bit of business for the football club.”

Al Habsi has so far refused to comment on his future but he has dropped large hints that he is enjoying his time at the DW Stadium and would like to remain in the long term.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:33 pm

I am sure they would love to get him especially after Kirkland's performances in the first couple games.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:35 pm

thebish wrote:Wigan have been making lots of noise about making Al Habsi's move permanent - they want a cut-price top-grade keeper...

but is seems we are digging our heels in - quite rightly!!

(this from a Wigan site)
Owen Coyle and Bolton Wanderers are being greedy and are threatening to hold up any potential move of Ali Al Habsi's to his preferred destination, the DW Stadium.

The 28 year old goalkeeper is presently on loan with the Latics from Bolton and has been a revelation since his arrival.

Latics boss Roberto Martinez has made no secret his desire to keep the Oman international on a permanent basis, however it appears that Owen Coyle has different ideas.

The Bolton boss has ideas that he can demand silly money for the goalkeeper, despite the fact that he could well want to leave the Reebok.

Speaking to the Bolton Evening News, Coyle said: “The only way they can keep him for good is by paying our club a large transfer fee – if indeed that’s acceptable to us.

“Wigan can make as much noise as they want, ultimately I’ll decide whether Ali Al-Habsi is a Bolton Wanderers goalkeeper or not.

“There’s no anticipation necessary. I’ll decide what happens on Al-Habsi, in conjunction with the chairman and the owner.

“We put him on loan because it was a win-win-win situation. Ali gets games in the Premier League, we get a terrific loan fee, and I have got a terrific goalkeeper in Adam Bogdan, who has shown he can step in when necessary – so it was a great bit of business for the football club.”

Al Habsi has so far refused to comment on his future but he has dropped large hints that he is enjoying his time at the DW Stadium and would like to remain in the long term.
...as opposed to Chris Kirkland, who just drops things full stop.

Anyway, poor Wigan, greedy old Bolton, fancy wanting money, actual MONEY, for one of their own players !

Brainless pie-eating inbreds.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:39 pm

meanwhile...

A Newcastle blogger claims the following:
I just got news tonight from my next door neighbour Mats, who is Swedish, that Newcastle United are considering a move for Bolton striker Johan Elmander, when the transfer window reopens in January.

Elmander joined Bolton for what, at the time, seemed a really high transfer fee of £8.2M in 2008, signing a three-year contract.

And while the Swedish International is a decent footballer, he’s hardly a natural goalscorer, although he does have 4 goals in 7 games this season – the best he’s ever done in his career,

Johan is yet to begin talks with Bolton over the possibility of extending his contract and that means Elmander could talk to other clubs in January.

We have a hard time believing that Elmander would improve the Newcastle squad much, and although the club are always after a good deal, his Swedish team–mate Seb Larsson, who is currently at Birmingham and whose contract also runs out next summer, would probably be a better bet.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:07 pm

Which players are Wigan going to give us? Can I have first pick, I pick Rodallega.

Will he arrive in time for us to play Stoke?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:08 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Which players are Wigan going to give us? Can I have first pick, I pick Rodallega.

Will he arrive in time for us to play Stoke?
Yep, and i'm sure wigan won't want any money for him, they wouldn't be that selfish would they.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:11 pm

3M and I'd sell Al Habsi.

Good keeper but he's not getting a game here anytime soon I wouldn't have thought.

OC can use the 3M to re-invest in the back four and the midfield.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:15 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:3M and I'd sell Al Habsi.

Good keeper but he's not getting a game here anytime soon I wouldn't have thought.

Craig Gordon was bought for £9m by Sunderland.

Who do you reckon is worth more?

If Al Habsi's performances keep Wigan in the Premier League he's worth a damn sight more than £3m.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:35 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:3M and I'd sell Al Habsi.

I'm not sure £3mill would go far in the back four AND midfield....

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:36 pm

£3mil is realistic, but at the same time we'd be mad to actually sell for that. What would £3mil buy us?

I have to say, the fact that they paid us £1mil to loan him out for the season is pretty incredible. Well done to whoever did that deal.

For the other bit of gossip...
thebish wrote:meanwhile...

A Newcastle blogger claims the following:

I just got news tonight from my next door neighbour Mats, who is Swedish, that Newcastle United are considering a move for Bolton striker Johan Elmander, when the transfer window reopens in January.

Elmander joined Bolton for what, at the time, seemed a really high transfer fee of £8.2M in 2008, signing a three-year contract.

And while the Swedish International is a decent footballer, he’s hardly a natural goalscorer, although he does have 4 goals in 7 games this season – the best he’s ever done in his career,

Johan is yet to begin talks with Bolton over the possibility of extending his contract and that means Elmander could talk to other clubs in January.

We have a hard time believing that Elmander would improve the Newcastle squad much, and although the club are always after a good deal, his Swedish team–mate Seb Larsson, who is currently at Birmingham and whose contract also runs out next summer, would probably be a better bet.
A) If he's Swedish he must know everything about Elmander's contract talks. Obviously, why wouldn't he?

B) I have no idea in what respect 4 in 7 is the best in his career. He scored four in four for us in his first season (when Megson won manager of the month).

C) He could talk to other foreign clubs. He couldn't talk to Newcastle.

D) He would not improve a team who's strikers are Andy Carroll, Shola Ameobi, Peter Lovenkrands, Nile Ranger, Xisco and Leon Best? If you say so.....

E) Seb Larsson is shite.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:43 pm

i've heard a rumour we're after Matty Hughes, the Celtic youth team captain...apparently he's from round this area?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:49 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:i've heard a rumour we're after Matty Hughes, the Celtic youth team captain...apparently he's from round this area?
You're saying we're signing Matty Hughes? When and how much?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:55 pm

oops - backfired like an exhaust with a banana in it..

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:56 pm

Is he from this area, Matty Hughes?
Pfffft.