DMB Match Thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:45 pm

I did a real Skydive not long back.

Meh.

rip off.

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:54 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:It's on espn for those who might be a little too wrecked to get there.
Bad kick-off time and on telly?

There goes our only chance of breaking the 25k barrier then.
Troll and proud of it.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:58 pm

as wrote:
superjohnmcginlay wrote:It's on espn for those who might be a little too wrecked to get there.

Oh, no, there'll be 25k or more. Just that less than half of them will be Bolton fans...

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:01 pm

as wrote:

I'm guessing we can blame our friends at GMP for the kick off time and espn have picked it up after.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:01 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
as wrote:

Oh, no, there'll be 25k or more. Just that less than half of them will be Bolton fans...
Sad but true. Wonder how many from here will go? We seem to have a lot of fans spread over a large area.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:06 pm

I'm all booked in. :-)

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:53 pm

really dont now if i can be arsed after tuesday night!? that game cut me deep.

whats the point? throw away the cups and strife for bottom half mediocrity. im bored of it & im falling out with Mr Liar Coyle fast.

obviously ill be there, sunday morning i might even be excited, sunday night all might be forgiven, but i doubt it.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:03 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:really dont now if i can be arsed after tuesday night!? that game cut me deep.

whats the point? throw away the cups and strife for bottom half mediocrity. im bored of it & im falling out with Mr Liar Coyle fast.

obviously ill be there, sunday morning i might even be excited, sunday night all might be forgiven, but i doubt it.
That's the spirit. :wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:07 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:really dont now if i can be arsed after tuesday night!? that game cut me deep.

Jeesus you sound like a Burnley fan.

Unless he said "I'll play my strongest team every game without fail" he's only done what you'd expect him to do.

Use his squad in the early CC rounds to make sure people get games, to use his whole squad and to try and protect key players from injuries.

We had a good go at winning the game. Just came up a bit short, its hardly a hanging offence.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:16 pm

By Sunday night Burnley and the cup will probably be forgotten.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:32 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:
as wrote:

I'm guessing we can blame our friends at GMP for the kick off time and espn have picked it up after.
I was thinking about it being a better time for Korean TV. Noon here is 8pm in Seoul - primetime!!

If that's good for GMP and ESPN too everyone's happy :D

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:46 pm

We didn’t have a good go though did we, the performance was gutless. And the manager refused to change things until it was too late.
I didn’t have too much of a problem with the side, I’d prefer half them players to be in the friggin first team anyway.
But all thats beside the point, the thing is he promised to take the cups seriously, he didn’t.

I don’t want him hanged, I want him to succeed. It’s all very well being the loveable ex player Mr. nice guy, but he hasn’t kept any of his promises so far.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:53 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:We didn’t have a good go though did we, the performance was gutless. And the manager refused to change things until it was too late.
I didn’t have too much of a problem with the side, I’d prefer half them players to be in the friggin first team anyway.
But all thats beside the point, the thing is he promised to take the cups seriously, he didn’t.

I don’t want him hanged, I want him to succeed. It’s all very well being the loveable ex player Mr. nice guy, but he hasn’t kept any of his promises so far.
No offence because I know you're a good fan and a good poster but thats just well rubbish IMO.

Gutless? We had a go, I don't think many other than Klasnic can be accused of not trying and even he wasn't lazy per se, just less interested than he should have been. That team did a good job. I also wonder "which of those players you'd prefer to be in the first team"?

He did take it seriously. He prepared a team to try and win. Is that really not taking it seriously? You could tell he wanted to win. He left subs a bit late but lets face it, thats not isolated to yesterday. He tends to do that generally. I think he wants the team on the pitch to take responsibility rather than hiding and waiting to be replaced. Thats his style.

If he'd played a load of youngsters then I could take your point but he played first team squad players, a few of whom presumably longer term will be knocking around the first team, most of which are in the first team squad.

If you think Coyle didn't want to win or didn't take it seriously then I think your are being seriously naive. We lost because we didn't take our chances. No other reason. Take a couple of chances and we'd have won. Thats the fine lines and margins.

Irks me that whenever we lose its "lack of effort" or "shit manager" time when sometimes its just fooking competitive sport and that it didn't quite go for you on that day.

Apologies for the rant.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:24 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:We didn’t have a good go though did we, the performance was gutless. And the manager refused to change things until it was too late.

No offence because I know you're a good fan and a good poster but thats just well rubbish IMO.

Gutless? We had a go, I don't think many other than Klasnic can be accused of not trying and even he wasn't lazy per se, just less interested than he should have been. That team did a good job. I also wonder "which of those players you'd prefer to be in the first team"?

He did take it seriously. He prepared a team to try and win. Is that really not taking it seriously? You could tell he wanted to win. He left subs a bit late but lets face it, thats not isolated to yesterday. He tends to do that generally. I think he wants the team on the pitch to take responsibility rather than hiding and waiting to be replaced. Thats his style.

If he'd played a load of youngsters then I could take your point but he played first team squad players, a few of whom presumably longer term will be knocking around the first team, most of which are in the first team squad.

If you think Coyle didn't want to win or didn't take it seriously then I think your are being seriously naive. We lost because we didn't take our chances. No other reason. Take a couple of chances and we'd have won. Thats the fine lines and margins.

Irks me that whenever we lose its "lack of effort" or "shit manager" time when sometimes its just fooking competitive sport and that it didn't quite go for you on that day.

Apologies for the rant.
:pray:

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:58 pm

Right whatever, i dont like all these serious posts, ill just say this before i go back to beer and fannies.

Its just selfish disappointment. We are never gonna win the league so lets go for the cups is my mentality, and looking at the teams that have gone out, it feels like an opportunity wasted.
Its only September btw, the league has only just kicked off, there is no need to be protecting the little angels so early, plus no game till the following Sunday! im not saying he's a shit manager, far from it. But he could have definitely done more on Tuesday.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:08 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:Right whatever, i dont like all these serious posts, ill just say this before i go back to beer and fannies.

Its just selfish disappointment. We are never gonna win the league so lets go for the cups is my mentality, and looking at the teams that have gone out, it feels like an opportunity wasted.
Its only September btw, the league has only just kicked off, there is no need to be protecting the little angels so early, plus no game till the following Sunday! im not saying he's a shit manager, far from it. But he could have definitely done more on Tuesday.
100% agree.

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:15 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:
as wrote:

GMP? Christ on a bike - they're obsessed with football! But, seeing as they're losing government money, we should expect an even bigger army of them at games in future, they'll never let the football 'cash cow' go away.

I'd advise anyone and everyone to avoid Horwich Parkway after the match, bored coppers are doing their best to erode any future away support at the Reebok by (to quote Dave Higson) 'acting like pigs'.
Troll and proud of it.

Bigzippy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Bigzippy » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:28 pm

GMP those wonderful dabstards who pushed me and a mate who both lived in Salford onto a special train full of United fans after a night match against them at the reebok that only stopped at Oxford Road.

Got a right kicking on the train and again at the station. :whack:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:46 pm

as a curtain-raiser the ressies got pooped tonight 4-0 by ManUre...

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:41 pm

Choices , choices, £28 for a ticket or £10 for four pints, 2 bags of Linekers finest and a wide screen TV...............................