Wanderers V Wanderers

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:55 pm

coffeymagic wrote:
East Lower wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:its only £30 actually. but stll exceeds my £25 maximum rule.
Still not keen. Wooden seats! Wooden fooking seats! In this day and age! Wankers.
I made the mistake of taking a 'restricted view' ticket once. It was the last one left. No wonder they couldn't shift it. Eff me, when they said 'restricted' the meant it.

Restricted views in this day and age?

I could only see as far as the half way line at Anfield last season, sat right at the back of the away end, had to crouch right down just to see the other side of the stadium. Looked like a few of the home fans had pretty useless views of the pitch as well up in the corners

Joey O'Brien was sat in front of us as well that game!

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:04 pm

P.O.S. wrote:
coffeymagic wrote:
East Lower wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:its only £30 actually. but stll exceeds my £25 maximum rule.
Still not keen. Wooden seats! Wooden fooking seats! In this day and age! Wankers.
I made the mistake of taking a 'restricted view' ticket once. It was the last one left. No wonder they couldn't shift it. Eff me, when they said 'restricted' the meant it.

Restricted views in this day and age?

I could only see as far as the half way line at Anfield last season, sat right at the back of the away end, had to crouch right down just to see the other side of the stadium. Looked like a few of the home fans had pretty useless views of the pitch as well up in the corners

Joey O'Brien was sat in front of us as well that game!
Maybe scouting Bolton Players. :wink:

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:15 pm

Hopefully, I'll be going to this one. Depends on the father (and driving)! :)

Randy Watson
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Randy Watson » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:01 pm

Burnley is ace! proper oldschool! Good veiw and that too.

Everton, on the other hand is an absolute shocker in the corner with restricted veiws and the seats at the front are without gurders in the way but you still cant se FA because the pitch is raised so its gash all round. Although the wooden stand provides and alternative to clapping by stamping your feet eh!?
Give a hand to my band… Sexual Chocolate

They play so fine don't you agree!

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:35 pm

So.. who's going? :D

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:38 pm

HMX wrote:So.. who's going? :D
Count me in :pissed:

Super John songs all day long......
Troll and proud of it.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:41 pm

Think we've sold around 400 so far - going to order tickets for my Dad and I later on!

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:33 pm

I got my ticket today, like the loser Im becoming Im going to it alone because everyone else has dropped out!

Im only on coach 2 as well which doesnt sound promising numbers-wise...

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:09 pm

P.O.S. wrote:I got my ticket today, like the loser Im becoming Im going to it alone because everyone else has dropped out!

I went Southampton on me tod this season, very strange, felt weird. At least i didnt go on the coach tho, thats double weird! :wink:

Theres four of us going Wolves tho, we havent even thought about buying tickets yet, such is my absolute belief they'll be plenty left on the gate!
Hopefully todays result might bump the numbers up a touch?

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:35 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:
P.O.S. wrote:I got my ticket today, like the loser Im becoming Im going to it alone because everyone else has dropped out!

I went Southampton on me tod this season, very strange, felt weird. At least i didnt go on the coach tho, thats double weird! :wink:

Theres four of us going Wolves tho, we havent even thought about buying tickets yet, such is my absolute belief they'll be plenty left on the gate!
I'll be handing out the Werthers and tutting at the younguns trying to sneak beer onto the coaches :wink: Nah, I dont drive so once mates pull out I have to resort to going on the loser cruiser with the fossils!

Never been to Wolves before, looking forward to it. Any away-friendly pubs down there near the ground or is it all badlands?!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:03 pm

P.O.S. wrote:

I'll be handing out the Werthers and tutting at the younguns trying to sneak beer onto the coaches :wink: Nah, I dont drive so once mates pull out I have to resort to going on the loser cruiser with the fossils!

Never been to Wolves before, looking forward to it. Any away-friendly pubs down there near the ground or is it all badlands?!
absolutely not.

my mate got grief in one a few years back and he was just there with his missus, even she got some verbals too! it was her who had a wanderers coat on iirc, so these dicks kicked off with her husband!

Town centre is ok, as long as you're not in colours.

Odelay
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Odelay » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:34 pm

I'm an Australian living in Manchester so I don't really know any wanderers fans. So I've gone to every home game this season and even Wigan away on my own. You get used to it and it doesn't stop you from getting stuck in.

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:34 pm

me plus 7 and getting tickets on Monday....can't wait for this one as it'll be my first trip back since the play off game semi-final first leg way back when :oyea:
The Voice Of Reason

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:07 pm

P.O.S. wrote:

absolutely not.

my mate got grief in one a few years back and he was just there with his missus, even she got some verbals too! it was her who had a wanderers coat on iirc, so these dicks kicked off with her husband!

Gah, great. Well theres not much chance of me finding my way into the town centre so it'll just be an in and out job for me - but at least im going!

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:58 am

Wolves did well yesterday against a stuttering United and are also playing well in their home games. Bolton will have to ensure that they don't do a Spurs and put on an "after the lord mayor's show" if we want to get anything from the Wolves game.

However, if we can play half as well as we did yesterday we should get at least a draw.

The defence though has to start getting some clean sheets as we can't always rely on scoring 2 or more goals to get a win, we need to find a way to win 1-0. For example we gave Hutton too much room for his goal yesterday, even though his strike was excellent we allowed him to come inside in the first place and didn't close him down. Mind there was nothing any team could have done to stop Spurs second, no goalkeeper could stop a shot like that on target.

So a 1-0 win next week would be fine but more likely to be 2-1 or even 3-2, all of which I would accept of course.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:22 pm

Tickets ordered, really looking forward to it.

Gonna be a tricky 'un.

Eire_Trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eire_Trotter » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:23 pm

We should win this although I wonder how our defence will react to Kev Doyle playing the SKD role for the opposition.

Something to think about: If Elmo goes I would love Kevin Doyle at the reebok :D.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:33 am

Eire_Trotter wrote:We should win this although I wonder how our defence will react to Kev Doyle playing the SKD role for the opposition.

Something to think about: If Elmo goes I would love Kevin Doyle at the reebok :D.
I see your logic. Replace one striker who doesn't score goals but 'puts in a shift' with another.

marshall_42
Promising
Promising

Post by marshall_42 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:56 am

Eire_Trotter wrote:We should win this although I wonder how our defence will react to Kev Doyle playing the SKD role for the opposition.

Doyle is unfortunately (on current form) Irelands best stricker. Keano has probably had it, although it's hard to say without him playing regular first-team football.

Randy Watson
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Randy Watson » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:59 pm

P.O.S. wrote:

absolutely not.

you have no mates ginger!
Give a hand to my band… Sexual Chocolate

They play so fine don't you agree!