BWFC Podcast

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: BWFC Podcast

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:55 pm

Works for me. You've both got exellent radio faces, er sorry voices and it sounds good. Seriously, good job lads, I think it'll be a great success. Song needs a kick up the ass a bit in tempo but it kept me interested and I'm sure it'll do it for lots of Bolton fans. Well done for a novel and fresh approach, keep it going. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:03 pm

Really enjoyed it. Very fresh - and you've both got good radio voices.

Loved the song, had me smiling! Keep it up, please!

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:08 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Works for me. You've both got exellent radio faces, er sorry voices and it sounds good. Seriously, good job lads, I think it'll be a great success. Song needs a kick up the ass a bit in tempo but it kept me interested and I'm sure it'll do it for lots of Bolton fans. Well done for a novel and fresh approach, keep it going. :mrgreen:
I can assure you we both have great faces for radio too.
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:40 am

Wasn't keen. The Football Fancast BWFC pod was always worth a listen but that has dried up and not had a new episode for months.

Football Ramble is OK, but that Luke....Jaysus :doh:

Football Weekly all the way 8)

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:56 am

Thanks LL.

Any reason for the lack of keeness? No problem if you don't wish to elaborate, but would help us out a bit if you hav 2 mins to do so (feel free to prvate message if you'd rather).
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:09 am

No problems, I admire your enthusiasm but it's nothing that hasn't been said before on forums over the internets.

Hard to be unique I suppose. I shall listen again should you release another - won't give up on you yet padawan

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:29 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:No problems, I admire your enthusiasm but it's nothing that hasn't been said before on forums over the internets.

Hard to be unique I suppose. I shall listen again should you release another - won't give up on you yet padawan
Ta! Noted.

midnitefooty
Promising
Promising

Post by midnitefooty » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:48 pm

Hey not bad at all. I'd be interested in hearing a full version with more content.
From a technical standpoint I would boost the low frequency a bit. Sounds a bit empty in that range.

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:20 am

Thanks MF.

Now going into production for a full version, which should be finished next week. It's tricky rolling it out to a full 15 minutes, but your feedback has helped, and I hope the finished article gets a similarly positive reaction. Hope we can keep it going!

Keep an eye out on here for a link to it.

OE

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:24 am

Look forward to it. Best of luck.

Dartisan
Promising
Promising

Post by Dartisan » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:22 pm

Thanks for the comments and support all.

The first full podcast is in the works and should be out before the end of the week. In response to the feedback it's a bit more of a blend, with a couple of more factual/less humorous spots (though there's still a laugh or two in there I hope!)
The site we'll be hosting them on is now up, albeit with just the taster one for the time-being:

http://www.themeninwhite.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Everything but the game: Because it's not just a game, it's a way of life.

Eire_Trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eire_Trotter » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:27 pm

Really enjoyed that Teaser trailer ya put up. I look forward to more of your work :)

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:30 am

Listened to a few minutes...not for me

Partly, mainly, cos you sound like a couple of Radio 1 presenters talking about BWFC

Doesn't seem ermm 'real'

I'm sure the production is good, the material decent but theres an honesty missing

Fcuked if I know the words, but I know what I mean
Sto ut Serviam

Dartisan
Promising
Promising

Post by Dartisan » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:21 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:Listened to a few minutes...not for me

Partly, mainly, cos you sound like a couple of Radio 1 presenters talking about BWFC

Doesn't seem ermm 'real'

I'm sure the production is good, the material decent but theres an honesty missing

Fcuked if I know the words, but I know what I mean
:) Fair enough Caps, and I think I know what you mean. I suspect it might have something to do with our lacking good, broad Bolton accents? Can't do anything about that though (well we toyed with forcing our accents to sound like our fathers but that really would've been artificial and might've sounded like we were taking the piss). We're still Bolton 'til we die regardless of our BBC radio accents :wink:
Everything but the game: Because it's not just a game, it's a way of life.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:33 am

:conf:
Faking a Bolton accent is easy. Vernon Kay has been doing it for donkey's years.
Businesswoman of the year.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:43 pm

Maybe have CAPS as a guest to bring some 'realness' into it?

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:06 pm

keveh wrote:Maybe have CAPS as a guest to bring some 'realness' into it?
Indeed - in fact, as we do it more and more, I'm sure sections will develop such as interviews (if we do well enough!).

CAPS - that's fine! No-one in the history of the world has produced a comedy podcast liked by all, and we'd be crazy to think we could. Some people, many in fact, will hate it!

Nonetheless, we are up on twitter now ( @themeninwhite ) and the feedback has been consistently way more hit than miss, so onwards we go. Maybe we'll win you over one day!

OE

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:45 pm

keveh wrote:Maybe have CAPS as a guest to bring some 'realness' into it?

CAPS - keepin' it real, blood...

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:30 pm

If Dujon's experience is anything to go by they won't like you using the club logo, then again the worst they can do is 'instruct' you to take it down..
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:12 pm

Ta for the tip Athers.

We'll take it down if instructed, but we're in the process of getting something resembling our own 'brand' that we can use. Will be interesting if we do hear from the club though...