Who should be our captain?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who should be our captain?

Nigel Reo-Coker
76%
Jussi Jaaskelainen
No votes
Stuart Holden
11%
Fabrice Muamba
5%
Zat Knight
No votes
Mark Davies
No votes
Kevin Davies
7%
Ivan Klasnic
No votes

Total votes: 55

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Who should be our captain?

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:33 pm

NRC for me who would be in my team, marginally, over Muamba, but I can see the argument the other way. If NRC isn't playing, the only other one who has experience of it is Wheater. Wouldn't be too displeased about that, though he does seem a bit of a wally.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:36 pm

I can't believe 2 people have voted for Muamba :lmfao: he doesn't even know were his legs are on the pitch never mind be club captain :lol:
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:38 pm

Jokers in White wrote:I can't believe 2 people have voted for Muamba :lmfao: he doesn't even know were his legs are on the pitch never mind be club captain :lol:
Harsh JIW, very harsh. Muamba's one of the few who play regularly like they're proud to wear the Whites shirt.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:08 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Jokers in White wrote:I can't believe 2 people have voted for Muamba :lmfao: he doesn't even know were his legs are on the pitch never mind be club captain :lol:
Harsh JIW, very harsh. Muamba's one of the few who play regularly like they're proud to wear the Whites shirt.
There's no getting away from the fact that he is a shit footballer, might be a nice guy but i've always said that about him. He is our ball winner in midfield wins the ball of someone then gives it away :conf: one thing that he has tango is stamina and he can chase shadows all day long. He gives his best of what minimal ability he has but i think he is a very lucky man to be in our team and no wonder he's proud tango.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:47 pm

Jokers in White wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
There's no getting away from the fact that he is a shit footballer, might be a nice guy but i've always said that about him. He is our ball winner in midfield wins the ball of someone then gives it away :conf: one thing that he has tango is stamina and he can chase shadows all day long. He gives his best of what minimal ability he has but i think he is a very lucky man to be in our team and no wonder he's proud tango.
Then we'll have to agree to disagree. He's no Roberto Carlos, that's for sure, but shit footballer he isn't either.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

elfil76
Reliable
Reliable

Post by elfil76 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:06 pm

If moo is shit, i can pick at least 3 more shittier than him. I only consider not giving the arm band because he doesn't seems to communicate enough or too quiet to be the skipper on the pitch, maybe he is the worker type. I definitely looking at that rather than shit footbLler for not giving him the arm band because most of the first 11 are shittier than he is.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:09 pm

Apologies for invoking every single football cliche under the sun, but Muamba is someone I would have in the trenches with me. He does his job tirelessly and never gives less than 100%. He would do anything you asked of him.

Does that make him a leader? No.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:23 pm

Roberto Carlos? Best you can come up with TD :D? Famous for his massive thighs, one free-kick, and not really being able to defend. Did like bombing forward though, which was fun.

Anyway, anyone calling Muamba shit doesn't know their arse from their elbow. Not great technically might be being kind, but some folk seem to think that's all football is, hence claims of Mark Davies being our best 'footballer' (it means something else in inverted commas, apparently). As for leader, general impression I get of him is way too quiet, nice and prone to dips in self-confidence, though that might all be a cunning act. He was proper shy when I met him though.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:36 pm

agreed, i just thought it might stop owen subbing him
i don't think he is bright enough to make the kinds of changes to a teams set up like say gerrard might

but

he was the only one who didn't hide at wembley

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:50 pm

Tombwfc wrote:As a captain of the club, there's no-one I'd have than Davies.

I wouldn't have him in team though, so NRC I suppose, although if everyone was fit I wouldn't play him either. Oh feck, just give it to Jussi.
He'd drop it!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:53 pm

I cannot believe Nightmare is even listed :shock:

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:56 pm

Everything I've seen and read about Muamba suggests a quiet, intelligent and introverted character, definitely someone who's dealt with a lot.

NRC seems to exude leadership qualities and others in the game have spotted that before, but although us lot can mostly agree on him being the new vice-captain we're just not in the dressing room are we... we don't know these guys.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:30 am

Prufrock wrote:Roberto Carlos? Best you can come up with TD :D? Famous for his massive thighs, one free-kick, and not really being able to defend. Did like bombing forward though, which was fun.

Anyway, anyone calling Muamba shit doesn't know their arse from their elbow. Not great technically might be being kind, but some folk seem to think that's all football is, hence claims of Mark Davies being our best 'footballer' (it means something else in inverted commas, apparently). As for leader, general impression I get of him is way too quiet, nice and prone to dips in self-confidence, though that might all be a cunning act. He was proper shy when I met him though.
I keep forgetting you are always right Pru :doh: Over the past few years at the reebok or at the away matches all i've heard is he's fcuking wank him about giving the ball away to the opposition after just winning it runs with the ball with his fcuking head down, clumsy basterd (muamba) you can only say what you see Pru. Take campo for example holding midfielder wins the ball, passing world class never gave the ball away, always available for the next ball. People need to look at videos from that time to understand what quality we had, people have just got used to seeing shit for too long now its impaired there judgement. Next it will be Muamba is a better footballer than M. Davies :lmfao: hey Pru? Ask the Birmingham fans what they thought of Muamba :lol:

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:32 am

Hoboh wrote:
I cannot believe Nightmare is even listed :shock:
I know :lol:

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:44 am

Jokers in White wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Roberto Carlos? Best you can come up with TD :D? Famous for his massive thighs, one free-kick, and not really being able to defend. Did like bombing forward though, which was fun.

I keep forgetting you are always right Pru :doh: Over the past few years at the reebok or at the away matches all i've heard is he's fcuking wank him about giving the ball away to the opposition after just winning it runs with the ball with his fcuking head down, clumsy basterd (muamba) you can only say what you see Pru. Take campo for example holding midfielder wins the ball, passing world class never gave the ball away, always available for the next ball. People need to look at videos from that time to understand what quality we had, people have just got used to seeing shit for too long now its impaired there judgement. Next it will be Muamba is a better footballer than M. Davies :lmfao: hey Pru? Ask the Birmingham fans what they thought of Muamba :lol:
That was then,if muamba could pass like Campo he'd still be at arsenal being called the new viera.Mavis and Muamba are totally different players,M Davis couldnt do the job Muamba does and vice versa.I'd give Muamba the armband if it meant coyle stopped subbing him.Like most tho I voted NRC for the reasons already given by others

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:33 am

Jokers in White wrote:

Could you be more pig-headed? You've gotten used to players like Campo, or you've been watching too much of City or those big club bastards, cos you've forgotten what an average Premier League player looks like. Muamba is an average Premier League player, if not slightly better than average. The marked difference between how solid we look when he's on the pitch and how weak we look when he's off it attest to that. You bang on about what the Brum fans thought (who the f*ck cares? Where are they?) or what the fans around you think at matches - what's wrong, incapable of forming your own judgement?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:50 am

Second best pass percentage at the club Muamba.. Was the top boy for that last season
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Chrisfu
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Chrisfu » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:41 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Agreed Tango. There are an absolutely *minority* of players that can look good in any team, despite who is around them. Muamba doesn't always look too great in our time, that's true.

But when you put him next to Holden, they both look a million dollars. Check our their stats for the first half of last season. They were statistically the best CM pairing in the league up until the mid-way point. That's why we were chalking up the points, plain and simple... they complement each other perfectly.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:46 am

boltonboris wrote:Second best pass percentage at the club Muamba.. Was the top boy for that last season
Not sure on that one!

http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/92" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:52 am

I should've added 'over a certain number of passes' :-)
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"