Away at Wolves

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Away at Wolves

Post by Bruno3 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:38 am

Tyrone Mears is on the list and he played 90 mins for the reserves this week. Can't believe a word you read

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:49 am

Bruno3 wrote:Tyrone Mears is on the list and he played 90 mins for the reserves this week. Can't believe a word you read
I don't believe you...

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:51 am

even given our dire situation with central midfielders i still shudder of the thought of us going back to 4-4-2.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:00 pm

Time for the return of The Badger

Gav McCann and friends
May the bridges I burn light your way

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:09 pm

James B wrote:even given our dire situation with central midfielders i still shudder of the thought of us going back to 4-4-2.
Even though it's against Wolves who are rubbish and lacking in confidence, 4-4-2 away from home is not filling me with hope. If Wolves set up defensively at home and we go storming in with the 4-4-2 machine it might be a long afternoon. If Wolves think they can beat us and both teams go 4-4-2 we might have a chance. If Wolves are preparing to play what we've been playing recently maybe it's a good thing if we change it... [hides]

Someone mentioned Riley. After having a couple of decent games at RB when we had injuries he seems to have vanished, was surprised he wasn't at RB last night in the cup.

If Vela isn't ready for the cup when we get an injury in midfield, he can't be ready for the EPL?

Not sure we should have all our wide players on the pitch at the same time so I'd maybe still Tuncay in a midfield 3, or just behind the striker. We need players who are going to run around and gives Wolves something to think about.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:10 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Time for the return of The Badger

Gav McCann and friends
:lol:
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

CarlosHernandez
Promising
Promising

Post by CarlosHernandez » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:37 pm

I'm leaning towards a direct swap of Tuncay for Pratley, who had been playing a more advanced position than Mavies. Tuncay has proven in his limited opportunities that he can harass defensively and be reasonably good and creative on the ball.

Sure Reo Coker and M. Davies isn't a rock solid CM pairing, but we have looked decent enough against relegation opposition with them there.

A "cup final" like this is no time for the failed 442 or a debuting Vela.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:50 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:
James B wrote:even given our dire situation with central midfielders i still shudder of the thought of us going back to 4-4-2.
Even though it's against Wolves who are rubbish and lacking in confidence, 4-4-2 away from home is not filling me with hope. If Wolves set up defensively at home and we go storming in with the 4-4-2 machine it might be a long afternoon. If Wolves think they can beat us and both teams go 4-4-2 we might have a chance. If Wolves are preparing to play what we've been playing recently maybe it's a good thing if we change it... [hides]

Someone mentioned Riley. After having a couple of decent games at RB when we had injuries he seems to have vanished, was surprised he wasn't at RB last night in the cup.

If Vela isn't ready for the cup when we get an injury in midfield, he can't be ready for the EPL?

Not sure we should have all our wide players on the pitch at the same time so I'd maybe still Tuncay in a midfield 3, or just behind the striker. We need players who are going to run around and gives Wolves something to think about.

No chance Wolves will set up defensively for this one IMO. We are the closest team to safety for them to catch.. a draw is no good for them. If we beat them we will be 7 points clear of Wolves.. They have to win and the manager will be drilling that into his players. If they lose to us and Blackburn lose they will still be 6 points from safety and that might aswell be 7 because of there -34 goal difference which is the worst in the league.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:57 pm

Aye this is MUST win for Wolves, like it was for us against Blackburn last week.

Wolves have been on an awful run, can't buy a win from anywhere.......

Good job we're so good against teams on bad runs......oh......

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:04 pm

Lets hope Stoke do us a favor and beat Wigan.. Not to worried about QPR from now until season end, especially with Cisse doing them no favours :lol: Wigan will be flying high after beating that dross at Anfield and need knocking down a peg or 3.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:06 pm

If we manage to stay up after everything that's happened this season, i'll be amazed !

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:12 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:If we manage to stay up after everything that's happened this season, i'll be amazed !
I've got my spec booked. Just by the lion on the right. ;)

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:36 pm

I think we're gonna need a wider-angled lens ;)

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:02 pm

Last season it was reported that Eagles played 'in the hole' off the strikers and did well (in the Championship, yes). Maybe he could fill in at the pinnacle of the midfield trio? I'd much rather he did than Tuncay.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:06 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:Last season it was reported that Eagles played 'in the hole' off the strikers and did well (in the Championship, yes). Maybe he could fill in at the pinnacle of the midfield trio? I'd much rather he did than Tuncay.
I'd rather play tuncay in there - I really can't see why he hasn't been given a chance to show what he can do... most of the time (like last night again) - he's been shoved out on the wing and given 7mins to change the game... He has summat to prove - he must have bags of energy - and he's done the job before...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:06 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:I think we're gonna need a wider-angled lens ;)
Aye, and wider town hall steps too :(

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:40 pm

Hm 442,I suppose with Ricketts and Ream at the back it cant be as dodgy as it was but we usually lose when playing open. Mind you do wolves pass the ball thru the middle at all? I'm with Dibble on this really,play 451 at least to start and put either Ricketts or Riley in midfield,anyone who is mobile and can tackle.Can Boyata play left back? Eagles klasnic KD , I'd be concerned if any of these started.Otherwise maybe it is Tuncay time.....

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:47 pm

Moo reported to be sitting up. At this rate he'll be on the bench against Wolves.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:49 pm

Already more mobile than Zat Knight.

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:51 pm

Wouldn't have a clue who to use instead of Pratley. Maybe it'll be a case of pulling a name out of a hat at random. Who've we got that's big, strong, quick, can pass a ball and do it all superbly for 90 minutes? :roll: