away to birmingham

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: away to birmingham

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:39 pm

I always look forward to Brum away for personal reasons. Of all the away games I didn't want to be on a school night - this is the one. :(
May the bridges I burn light your way

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:19 pm

I thought it was only me that got PMs from Dan. I feel cheated on :cry:

My only visit to Brum saw us win 3-1 with I think a rare David Reeves goal in there. The Police that day lived up to the finest traditions of the West Midlands force by really behving like pigs so to speak
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:37 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:I thought it was only me that got PMs from Dan. I feel cheated on :cry:

My only visit to Brum saw us win 3-1 with I think a rare David Reeves goal in there. The Police that day lived up to the finest traditions of the West Midlands force by really behving like pigs so to speak
It appears that he is a bit of a slut...

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:15 am

jaffka wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:I thought it was only me that got PMs from Dan. I feel cheated on :cry:

Huh, I haven't had any. The lezzer.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:28 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
jaffka wrote:

Blatant "I want a PM seeing as most over people are getting them" post :wink:

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:59 am

Please be aware people that you have a choice with PMs.
If you receive a PM from Dan and choose to open it, then on your own head be it ;)

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:04 am

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
jaffka wrote:

Blatant "I want a PM seeing as most over people are getting them" post :wink:

Busted. :oops:

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:02 pm

I'm going. Believe it's a fiver cheaper to buy in advance for those umming and ahhing.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:38 pm

when we played them in the cup quarter final two lads got flairs in, for some reason no one was searched. i am sure that was just a one of and with only a small number of us to deal with they will inevitably treat us like shit
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:41 pm

so just me and matt then ?
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

marshall_42
Promising
Promising

Post by marshall_42 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:25 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:

when we played them in the cup quarter final two lads got flairs in, for some reason no one was searched. i am sure that was just a one of and with only a small number of us to deal with they will inevitably treat us like shit
These kind of flares? Image

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:04 pm

expecting a 3-1 scoreline which in my memory seems quite common between the 2 teams.

just dont think that the scoreline will go our way

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:37 am

i am just as pessimistic as you jaffka i expect we will loose 2-1 today and 3-0 on tuesday. but coyle to be sacked on wednesday hoooooooray :D :D :D

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:00 pm

Tickets acquired, first live match of the season, yet still struggling for optimism...

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:15 am

So Birmingham are nowt special. Very makeshift squad of hasbeens although the point at forest was a decent result. We're going to go 442( or whatever we had v watford ) and should have enough to get at least a point.

Cant see coyle changing too much after a win although CYL for Mavis and Ricketts for Mears would make a lot of sense.I expect Andrews to start again even if he was poor yesterday.

As always watching coyle's team selection develop is a bit like watching an accidentally tossed coin falling in slow motion. The frustrating thing is whether like last season when he wins the toss wil he decide to flip it again.

Assuming Birmingham know how to defend a simple set piece I'm predicting 1 1.

Bristol_White
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Bristol_White » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:15 am

Left it a bit late. Was gonna buy one online but doubt it will get here in time.

Anyone know the matchday price, or whether or not I can buy online and collect at St Andrews?

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:09 pm

Bristol_White wrote:Left it a bit late. Was gonna buy one online but doubt it will get here in time.

Anyone know the matchday price, or whether or not I can buy online and collect at St Andrews?
Can't you print them off at home, even for away matches?
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Bristol_White
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Bristol_White » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:13 pm

Nope, just home games.

You can buy tickets on the Birmingham website to print off at home though so might just do that and then tell a steward that I was sold a wrong ticket. Our end unlikely to be full so they might let me move over

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:45 pm

Bristol_White wrote:Nope, just home games.

You can buy tickets on the Birmingham website to print off at home though so might just do that and then tell a steward that I was sold a wrong ticket. Our end unlikely to be full so they might let me move over
BR - Don't trust Brum's ticket office, they're every bit as inept as ours. Possibly even more so. Seriously.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:05 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:i am just as pessimistic as you jaffka i expect we will loose 2-1 today and 3-0 on tuesday. but coyle to be sacked on wednesday hoooooooray :D :D :D

That must have ruined your day then, Dan. :oyea: 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.