U21s v Villa

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TTID
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: U21s v Villa

Post by TTID » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:42 pm

GOAL - Bolton. Iliev gets his hat-trick. He blasts home after Archer could only parry a shot. Spurs 2 Bolton 5, 84 mins
I don't want to start any blasphemous rumours but i think that God's got a sick sense of humour and when i die i expect to find him laughing

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:44 pm

TTID wrote:GOAL - Bolton. Iliev gets his hat-trick. He blasts home after Archer could only parry a shot. Spurs 2 Bolton 5, 84 mins
That sort of score-line takes me back !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:44 pm

Well, THAT escalated quickly
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:45 pm

Thanks for the updates, btw, TTID.

We were 2-0 down on 66 minutes, now 5-2 up ? What the hell happened ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

gavlat2872
Promising
Promising

Post by gavlat2872 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:46 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Thanks for the updates, btw, TTID.

heart and determination, something we havent seen for a while i think

TTID
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TTID » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:48 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Thanks for the updates, btw, TTID.

Sandro & Rose (getting match fitness for the first team) were subbed. Ball gave away a Pen & was sent off for Spurs. Allowed BWFC back into it at 2-1.

Then we collapsed.
I don't want to start any blasphemous rumours but i think that God's got a sick sense of humour and when i die i expect to find him laughing

TTID
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TTID » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:49 pm

FULL TIME - Spurs 2 Bolton 5. The Trotters take full advantage of the extra man as our U21s fall to a quickfire 2nd half hat-trick.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:50 pm

Was anyone spuds-deep in any local livestock? :mrgreen:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:51 pm

What happened is, some stupid twonk, didn't bring on three defensive midfielders.

Thanks TTID for the updates. Any chance you could do Saturday and mid-week First Team games, we need a few wins.

This is probably why none of them are even getting on near the bench. Too much attacking intent.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:54 pm

Nice to have some good news for a change.

Duggie was no where near this team then.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:56 pm

jaffka wrote:Nice to have some good news for a change.

Duggie was no where near this team then.
Or Zat!
May the bridges I burn light your way

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:58 pm

he does a lot in the changing room, apparently

wtf is that supposed to mean?

TTID
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TTID » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:02 pm

The Spurs youth game i went to last season (U18 i think) we lost 4-8 to you lot. I am a jinx............

Good luck for the rest of the season.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:04 pm

TTID wrote:The Spurs youth game i went to last season (U18 i think) we lost 4-8 to you lot. I am a jinx............

Good luck for the rest of the season.
thanks for the updates

we don't have much good news these days

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:08 pm

Quite a few of those playing today will have been in that U18's cup game at WHL last season. Not Iliev though.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:20 pm

Nice to see some subs make a positive difference and the young-uns bounce back from conceding 4 against Man City last week. Spurs U-21s had won one in 10 before today. Eleven now. :box:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:23 pm

Well done the kids and thanks for the updates. Nice to hear. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TTID
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TTID » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:47 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:Nice to see some subs make a positive difference and the young-uns bounce back from conceding 4 against Man City last week. Spurs U-21s had won one in 10 before today. Eleven now. :box:
Played 14 W4 D4 L6 in the league.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:06 pm

Hah! I was relaying some info from the 2nd par of the preview posted on the BWFC website. I assumed they checked their facts....!

Assume nowt. Check (and smell) yourself!

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:12 pm

Match report just received from a Spurs supporting friend.

Spurs U21 2-5 Bolton U21 - report from the Spurs Training Centre

Spurs led 2-0 at the break through Souleymane Coulibaly and Shaq Coulthirst but, after dominating possession for much of the first hour, we contrived to throw away our advantage in the last quarter of the game.The contest saw the return to action of Brazilian international midfielder Sandro after consecutive hamstring and calf problems, while Danny Rose started at left-back having missed last week’s 4-0 win at Newcastle in the Premier League.

We dominated possession for most of the first period, although goalkeeper Jordan Archer was required to make a couple of early stops to keep the visitors at bay. First he pulled off a fine save from point-blank range to keep out Oscar Threlkeld’s header, before palming out a speculative long-range effort from the lively Robert Hall.
We soon seized the upper hand, Kenny McEvoy heading over from Coulthirst’s ball in and Harry Kane testing Bolton stopper Jay Lynch from long range.

Coulthirst had the ball in the net in the eighth minute but his effort was ruled out for off-side, while a quick Bolton break saw Hayden White flash a dangerous ball across the face of goal which ran just beyond the arriving Sanmi Odelusi.

Coulibaly was denied by a fine covering tackle by Threlkeld following a fluid attacking move, but Bolton keeper Lynch was injured in the build-up and had to be replaced.
We finally broke the deadlock mid-way through the first period as Coulibaly climbed highest in the box to nod home McEvoy’s corner.

Coulthirst then stabbed a shot wide after controlling Coulibaly’s pass inside the area while Kane and Milos Veljkovic were off target as we continue to press the visitors back.

Sandro’s 30-yard shot was straight at substitute goalkeeper Harry Campbell, but the visiting stopper could do nothing to keep out Coulthirst’s header in the 37th minute – the forward diverting Alex McQueen’s right sided cross inside the far post.
Campbell made a good stop at close quarters to deny Coulibaly, while Rose showed his defensive wherewithal to prevent Hall from running loose in the box at the other end.

Veljkovic crashed a shot wide while Kane again tested Campbell, but Hall had the last chance of the half as he cut in from the right and drilled just beyond Archer’s left-hand post.

Hall ballooned a shot over the top for Bolton just beyond the hour mark, while Campebll had to be alert to keep out a shot from substitute Ruben Lameiras.
The game took a decisive turn on 67 minutes as Dominic Ball was shown a straight red card having been adjudged to have made an ill-timed challenge on Hall as he galloped into the box. Tom Youngs sent Archer the wrong way from the spot and it was downhill from then on for our lads.
Chris Lester bundled home Bolton’s leveller at the back post after Odelusi’s left wing cross was helped on its way by Andy Kellet, while the latter flashed a shot wide from 20 yards.

Bolton substitute Georg Iliev then helped himself to three goals in five minutes. First he bundled home from close range after Lester capitalised on a defensive mistake, before controlling well and firing low inside the near post on 81 minutes. He completed his treble three minutes later from close range when he converted Hall’s cross.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!