Dead Deadline Day

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Dead Deadline Day

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:25 pm

Whereas if he goes I see him in the England squad after Dyche sorts him out. My BWFC glass is definitely not half full right now.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:27 pm

boltonboris wrote:I'll be gutted to see him go, as he won't be replaced and he's the only player with genuine ability in the middle.

Not arsed about balance sheets or any shit like that, I'm a fan, so I only give a shit what happens on the pitch. His imminent return was/is, the only hope I can muster for any improvement
I'm of the same opinion. If he goes, our chance of playing some decent football, of creating chances; in short, of improving on what we've seen so far goes with him. I don't want to be dreadfully negative, but we may as well give up and accept another awful season. He's the kind of player whose energy and skill others (including the fans) will feed off.

And £3 million is a ridiculous fee, but Bolton never get value for money. Wigan have just sold a lad for £7mill.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:35 pm

boltonboris wrote:I'll be gutted to see him go, as he won't be replaced and he's the only player with genuine ability in the middle.

Not arsed about balance sheets or any shit like that, I'm a fan, so I only give a shit what happens on the pitch. His imminent return was/is, the only hope I can muster for any improvement
This for me too. All we seem to see as stars, Holden, Mark Davies, Tierney etc,etc, are as names on the sick-note list or transfer sheets. We see them through the bad then they go.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:39 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:

This for me too. All we seem to see as stars, Holden, Mark Davies, Tierney etc,etc, are as names on the sick-note list or transfer sheets. We see them through the bad then they go.
or... (Holden & Mavis) we see them through the bad - then there's more bad...

I've kinda given up on Mavis... all the expectation was that at last he'd hot the ground running after a full pre-season and make the difference he's shown in flashes...

but - no - he had to go and break a toe, and has missed the entire start of the season...

if/when he returns - he'll play twice and then tweak a hamstring and be out for 3months...

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:44 pm

We're never going to use him right anyway, if Freedman stays. So if Freedman stays, we may as well sell him and get the cash. If theres a prospect of a new manager on the horizon, I hope we hang on. Which is a conundrum none of us on here can answer.

On balance I'm 51-49 in favour of Boris's's's' point - just.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:59 pm

If Davies does go, I demand at least three defensive midfield workhorses who make Muamba look like Messi to replace him.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:02 pm

We have a mention on the BBC's transfer thread...Things are moving, if only Delroy's butt into Wormwood...
BBC wrote:Away from transfer deadline day, former Premier League striker Delroy Facey has been charged by police investigating match-fixing claims.

The 34-year-old is accused of conspiracy to commit bribery, says the National Crime Agency.

Facey appeared 10 times in the top-flight for Bolton and has played for several clubs, including West Brom, Huddersfield and Hull City. He was arrested in November 2013 and will appear at Cannock Magistrates' Court in Staffordshire on Tuesday

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:12 pm

He's in contract and has a while to run. £3m is a typically low Bolton asking fee. If that's all we can muster, especially as there's f'call chance we'll be using any of it on new signings, we should turn it down.

We all know his frailty, but he really is all that Freedman has left who you could call talent. Wasn't our sooopa-dooopa medical department meant to stop shite happening ? .... & don't give me the "what can they do about broken bones". They're state-of-the-art, sooopa-dooopa. They can stop anything.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:22 pm

That quick lad we were linked with during pre-season in Sweden, Moudo Barrow (sp), has signed for Swansea and gone straight into their development squad.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:07 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:That quick lad we were linked with during pre-season in Sweden, Moudo Barrow (sp), has signed for Swansea and gone straight into their development squad.
rom where he'll never be seen again.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:42 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:That quick lad we were linked with during pre-season in Sweden, Moudo Barrow (sp), has signed for Swansea and gone straight into their development squad.
rom where he'll never be seen again.
My spies in Borås don't rate him at all. So he can feck off to Swansea all he wants. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:46 pm

Anyway, he'd just be in the way of our conveyer belt of youngsters we have in this brave new world we're in.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:48 pm

Beckford to Fulham....

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:49 pm

According to the Guardian, Fulham are in talks with none other than. .............. Beckford!!!!
Plus Iles saying London press say we are in talks with Garvan from Palace.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:49 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:Beckford to Fulham....
Give over.
May the bridges I burn light your way

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:50 pm

Worthy4England wrote:We have a mention on the BBC's transfer thread...Things are moving, if only Delroy's butt into Wormwood...
BBC wrote:Away from transfer deadline day, former Premier League striker Delroy Facey has been charged by police investigating match-fixing claims.

The 34-year-old is accused of conspiracy to commit bribery, says the National Crime Agency.

Facey appeared 10 times in the top-flight for Bolton and has played for several clubs, including West Brom, Huddersfield and Hull City. He was arrested in November 2013 and will appear at Cannock Magistrates' Court in Staffordshire on Tuesday

Our other mention would be Owen Coyle but, interestingly, BBC webpage keeps referring to him as 'former Wigan and Burnley manager'.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:53 pm

Am I hearing/reading this right? Due to our shortage of strikers, we're getting rid of one so we can bring a another midfielder in. Is Dougie still claiming to know what we need, or has his obsession with midfielders gotten out of hand? :?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:54 pm

Think you've got mixed up there. All I can find is news from when he was at Leeds.
Last edited by Lord Kangana on Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:54 pm

Beckford off to Fulham according to Sky??

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:54 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Give over.
It's been reported on sky sports a few minutes ago....'apparently' actually in talks with Fulham