To Elland back! - Leeds (A) 8/3/14

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: To Elland back! - Leeds (A) 8/3/14

Post by Jakerbeef » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:44 am

We'd need to win about 10 of our last 12 to be in with a shout.

Just saying...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:55 am

danhorwich wrote:Best away day ever! I woke up this morning and asked myself did that really happen. We played 4-4-2, we defended well and every single time we got the ball in the second half we looked like we were gonna score and we did, it was counter attack after counter attack. The way things are going we might even catch Reading :pissed: .
Was it as good as it sounded then Dan? Their owner was ranting in the paper today about a gutless display by them and all wanting their asses kicking. Were they poor, us good or what. Paper, as usual concentrated on their manager interview rather than match details. I expected a tough game with maybe an odd goal the difference. Never expected five goals away from home at the zoo. I think my face is frozen in a grin. Met a few Whites supporters today who didn't go to the match but everybody is buzzing again. How was it then and who were the real heroes?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:04 am

I was bleary eyed last night but mark Davies's header had a whiff of the hand of god about it! Or was it a proper 50p head?
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:26 am

Jakerbeef wrote:We'd need to win about 10 of our last 12 to be in with a shout.

Just saying...

We need to with 12 of our last 12 to be in with a serious shout!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:33 am

Worthy4England wrote:I'm gutted, I went in search of goal highlights and all I could find was us putting 4 past the dingles.

:D

Guess I can wait a little longer.
I was oddly disappointed ..... I know, I know .... first was a very nice threaded through ball (which we appear to have started doing all of a sudden. Good development) which Mason ran onto. Looked offside but I'm reliably told someone played him on.

Second, nice cross & a square-on, no-nonsense header. Third, Zat's .... well, it'd be cruel to say he sort of stumbled on it, but .... he sort of stumbled on it.

Mavies ; lovely pass out wide by, I think Mavies. He tear-arsed into the area to meet what was really a pin-point cross and he headed it on the run. It looked like it was the 50p head and he headed it onto his arm and in.

Fifth Bolton goal (not something I type often) very late on, stretched and dejected defence. Ball worked out on the left of the area to Moritz who just plain tw@tted it.

No 'goal of the season' contenders, just a series of Bolton goals. .... & no, I'm not grumbling.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:35 am

That'll save me watching them, when I can find 'em. :D

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:41 am

Worthy4England wrote:That'll save me watching them, when I can find 'em. :D
Football League Show in on iplayer.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:17 pm

Just brilliant. I'm still smiling this morning/afternoon. Plus in the build up to the Double Dingle Derby we've been mentioned a fair few times for the mauling last week :) Oh happy day
Pfffft.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:23 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Just brilliant. I'm still smiling this morning/afternoon. Plus in the build up to the Double Dingle Derby we've been mentioned a fair few times for the mauling last week :) Oh happy day
Any link to those comments TKIZ?

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:57 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:Just brilliant. I'm still smiling this morning/afternoon. Plus in the build up to the Double Dingle Derby we've been mentioned a fair few times for the mauling last week :) Oh happy day
I can try and find them for you, TD. I was just watching build up to the game and on both SSN and the game programme it's self I counted about 6 mentions of us after last week
Pfffft.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:04 pm

Highlights are on the YouTube channel. Phone won't copy the link.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:06 pm

Beefheart wrote:
Fast forward half an hour into the show for our goals.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:23 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
I can try and find them for you, TD. I was just watching build up to the game and on both SSN and the game programme it's self I counted about 6 mentions of us after last week
No bother TKIZ, I haven't got Sky anyway. I might have a pop over to the Dingle forum. Should be fun, especially if the nearest Dingles lose.. :wink:

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:24 pm

Just so bobo can be underwhelmed again...

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Post by danhorwich » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:25 pm

Something that none of you will see in the highlights is that about 30 seconds before we scored our first the ball went out of play but a Bolton player (cant remember who) still kicked the ball any way and the linesman missed it, so basically the ball should have gone of for a Leeds throw and to add insult to injury within 30 seconds we had scored a goal which looked marginally offside. Everyone in the ground thought it was a throw in but the linesman missed it and let us play on rather than giving a Leeds throw, double dubious or what?
"Oh f**k off you daft southern c**t"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:34 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
Beefheart wrote:
Fast forward half an hour into the show for our goals.

Thank ya kindly, gents.

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:42 pm

danhorwich wrote:Something that none of you will see in the highlights is that about 30 seconds before we scored our first the ball went out of play but a Bolton player (cant remember who) still kicked the ball any way and the linesman missed it, so basically the ball should have gone of for a Leeds throw and to add insult to injury within 30 seconds we had scored a goal which looked marginally offside. Everyone in the ground thought it was a throw in but the linesman missed it and let us play on rather than giving a Leeds throw, double dubious or what?
WHO GIVES A SHIT
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:53 pm

Just watched the highlights to check I wasn't dreaming.

I was in the stand opposite our fans so missed throwingate, but it was surreal, everyone stopped bar Danns and Mason.

Mark Davies goal was the highlight for me, great counter and it was when a good result become a rout. Moritz put the icingon the cake.

I dont think we played fantastically actually, like dougie said we were better in both boxes where it counted. Juke, Wheater/Knight and Danns were all excellent. Masons movement is impressive and he's proved doubters wrong playing with Juke. I'm also excited to see Beckford come back in and work with the Juke. Looking up!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:54 pm

PS 5-1, even Zat Knight scored! Get it on a t shirt

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:06 pm

officer_dibble wrote:PS 5-1, even Zat Knight scored! Get it on a t shirt
It was funny as on the radio you could hear the Wanderers fans chanting "How sheet must you be. Zat Knight scored a goal"
Pfffft.