Wanderers v Geordies

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:20 pm

thebish wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:MOTD highlighted just how much Elmander was targeted by blatant fouls today. That head butt should be a ban when it's watched again and the forearm smash would have done credit to Mick McManus. Big credit as to how he replied. Thought Davo had blood on his mouth when he took the first penalty too. Dirty Bolton hey?
there's a name from the past! I always supported him cos my Uncle was also called Mick McManus...
Aye, (forgive the off-topic but..) he spent quite a bit of time up here when the Wrighton Stadium ( lots of TV wrestiling was done there) was on Bridge Street. Wrestled against Vic Faulkner and co around the late 60's and 70's. Bolton had a few good wrestlers, Bert Royal (Vic Faulkners brother and Lou' s son), Keith Martinelli ( Keith Williamson) , Ivan Pensikov who fought all the big namers, Two Rivers, Nagasaki, Gwyn Davies, ? etc, and of course Albert Aspen who was in the Olympic team in Amateur stuff. Happy days. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

RobbieSavagesLeg
Promising
Promising

Post by RobbieSavagesLeg » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:24 pm

Bigzippy wrote:Running through some chalkboard stats this mornign and these all stand out.

Cahill 18 passes 100% success rate

Knight 14 passes 13 successfull

Robinson 34 passes 30 successfull, I didnt think Robinson had been that active!!!

Tackles attempted 14 each for Cahill and Elmo! Cahill with 9 good and Elmo with 8!

Good see the CB's passing the ball well and Elmo putting in one hell of a performance all round!

Where you got these from?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:30 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I'm not sure there's anything I can say that will make this feel any better.

But I think we finally well and truly laid the Megson argument to rest yesterday.
Was sat there before kick-off yesterday, remembering the complete dispair from about 12 months previous, when the team was announced to play Stoke and thinking to myself - what the fook am I doing here.

I mean I was there because I support Bolton, but other then feeling obliged to be there - no other reason.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:32 pm

Gaz Tomorrow wrote:
DJBlu wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:Is Elmander top scorer now?
That was his 8th this season.

Davies has 6.

Dunno if he is top in the League.
According to MOTD he is top scorer in the league but then again that is BBC :wink:

elmo is joint top with Carroll - both having 8 (and - none of elmo's being penalties)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:32 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
thebish wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:MOTD highlighted just how much Elmander was targeted by blatant fouls today. That head butt should be a ban when it's watched again and the forearm smash would have done credit to Mick McManus. Big credit as to how he replied. Thought Davo had blood on his mouth when he took the first penalty too. Dirty Bolton hey?
there's a name from the past! I always supported him cos my Uncle was also called Mick McManus...
Aye, (forgive the off-topic but..) he spent quite a bit of time up here when the Wrighton Stadium ( lots of TV wrestiling was done there) was on Bridge Street. Wrestled against Vic Faulkner and co around the late 60's and 70's. Bolton had a few good wrestlers, Bert Royal (Vic Faulkners brother and Lou' s son), Keith Martinelli ( Keith Williamson) , Ivan Pensikov who fought all the big namers, Two Rivers, Nagasaki, Gwyn Davies, ? etc, and of course Albert Aspen who was in the Olympic team in Amateur stuff. Happy days. :wink:

happy days indeed - before the arrival of the World Wildlife Fund smackdown circus that is now called wrestling...

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:35 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:There were 4 of 'em, at least 1 a howler

Blonde un had no keks on
Ahhh, you saw them too. I had to bleach me eyes after
Pfffft.

Bolton Cozi
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Bolton Cozi » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:02 pm

Loved the game overnight, was so tired but couldn't go to sleep as it kept getting better and better. Well done to our mighty whites. I wish I could one day get over to England from Australia just to go to the Reebok, would be a dream come true. To all Bolton fans in England - get to all the matches you can this season, they need our support to get a top 4 or top 8 spot. Let's go.........

Love ya Bolton - all the way from Australia.
DOWN UNDER WANDERER

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:07 pm

Oh how close I was to £140!! £1 on Davo first goal 3-1 and £2 on Chungers to score anytime and 3-1 win. At one point, it was all coming to plan.
Ah well, I can live without that money seeing as the game was so friggin unbelievable!! So proud of them.
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:42 pm

RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:
Bigzippy wrote:Running through some chalkboard stats this mornign and these all stand out.

Cahill 18 passes 100% success rate

Knight 14 passes 13 successfull

Robinson 34 passes 30 successfull, I didnt think Robinson had been that active!!!

Tackles attempted 14 each for Cahill and Elmo! Cahill with 9 good and Elmo with 8!

Good see the CB's passing the ball well and Elmo putting in one hell of a performance all round!

Where you got these from?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/chalkboards/create

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:54 pm

Bought a couple of papers this morning (and flipped a couple of others). Pretty much all are really praising the Whites (although one stated Webb got a couple of decisions wrong; maybe they meant in missing the Williamson head-butt). Good headlines and so nice to see us not shoved in a side column somewhere. Nice feeling. :D
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:57 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Bought a couple of papers this morning (and flipped a couple of others). Pretty much all are really praising the Whites (although one stated Webb got a couple of decisions wrong; maybe they meant in missing the Williamson head-butt). Good headlines and so nice to see us not shoved in a side column somewhere. Nice feeling. :D
Indeed particularly like "Nightmare on Elm Street" :-)

Couple if interesting snippets in there too - Bolton's 1,000th win in the top English Division and Bolton's 500th Premier League goal - CYL...

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:13 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:There were 4 of 'em, at least 1 a howler

Blonde un had no keks on
Are you a dwarf?
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:06 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I'm not sure there's anything I can say that will make this feel any better.

But I think we finally well and truly laid the Megson argument to rest yesterday.
People who know football knew that argument was over a long time ago.

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:55 pm

Bolton Cozi wrote:Loved the game overnight, was so tired but couldn't go to sleep as it kept getting better and better. Well done to our mighty whites. I wish I could one day get over to England from Australia just to go to the Reebok, would be a dream come true. To all Bolton fans in England - get to all the matches you can this season, they need our support to get a top 4 or top 8 spot. Let's go.........

Love ya Bolton - all the way from Australia.
A Man Utd from Oz is a c*nt.

A Bolton fan from Oz is a good lad.

The difference is we don't win owt and don't expect to win owt.

Good lad :oyea:
Troll and proud of it.

Eire_Trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eire_Trotter » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:07 pm

Delighted with the win yesterday. It makes ya feel so proud when the team are doing as well as they are.

They only thing I would be worried about would be losing Elmo in January because of his great form :(

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:13 pm

Eire_Trotter wrote:Delighted with the win yesterday. It makes ya feel so proud when the team are doing as well as they are.

They only thing I would be worried about would be losing Elmo in January because of his great form :(
Elmo is going nowhere.

He'll get offered a new contract and he's happy here.

Job done.
Troll and proud of it.

Eire_Trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eire_Trotter » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:21 pm

as wrote:
Eire_Trotter wrote:Delighted with the win yesterday. It makes ya feel so proud when the team are doing as well as they are.

Elmo is going nowhere.

Job done.
I hope your right :D .

Oh and how about SKD's composure for his 2 peno's, coolness personafied 8) .

RobbieSavagesLeg
Promising
Promising

Post by RobbieSavagesLeg » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:24 pm

Eire_Trotter wrote:
as wrote:

Elmo is going nowhere.

Job done.
I hope your right :D .

Oh and how about SKD's composure for his 2 peno's, coolness personafied 8) .
Yea, the second, in the dying minutes with absolutely no pressure to score shows true mettle.

What a ledge...

CarlosHernandez
Promising
Promising

Post by CarlosHernandez » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:58 pm

He's scored 4 pens this season yes? Anyway, all have been right side, perfectly placed. Still get nervous when he steps up though!

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:00 pm

Spesh down the away fans end! Don't like that.

So on reflection, it was clear that they targeted "soft" Elmander for some special treatment - possibly on Nobby's say-so? Great for us that he rose above it - our next opponents must be wondering how to cope with the physical all-sense assault of our top 2.