No'neills - QPR (A) 3/10/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: No'neills - QPR (A) 3/10/15

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:43 am

Incidentally...

Saturday just gone marks the 1yr anniversary of Dougie leaving... when he left we were 23rd in the league.

just one year later - we are 22nd!

so - progress! onwards and upwards! :oyea:

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:53 pm

I heard we put the ball in the net to make it 4-3 but it was ruled out? What was the deal with that? Rightfully ruled out or wrongly?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:01 pm

Jugs wrote:I heard we put the ball in the net to make it 4-3 but it was ruled out? What was the deal with that? Rightfully ruled out or wrongly?
dunno - i looked up to see the ball slowly rolling back into the net - in fact i mentioned it in my match report above - but have NO IDEA what happened as i must have been distracted by summat else...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:51 pm

a worldie??? I've never heard that one.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:55 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:a worldie??? I've never heard that one.
Imagine it's a "world-beater"..?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:19 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:a worldie??? I've never heard that one.
Imagine it's a "world-beater"..?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:31 pm

thebish wrote:
Jugs wrote:I heard we put the ball in the net to make it 4-3 but it was ruled out? What was the deal with that? Rightfully ruled out or wrongly?
dunno - i looked up to see the ball slowly rolling back into the net - in fact i mentioned it in my match report above - but have NO IDEA what happened as i must have been distracted by summat else...
My pa listened on the radio and said the commentator also looked up to see the ball roll into the net - he missed it too. Something is amiss!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:33 pm

Jugs wrote:
thebish wrote:
My pa listened on the radio and said the commentator also looked up to see the ball roll into the net - he missed it too. Something is amiss!
there was no protest from the players or fans - it must have been summat in the lead up to their goal kick...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:14 pm

Jugs wrote:
thebish wrote:
Tower man mentioned something about a possible foul on Rob Green. Seems likeliest as he also said the ball went in the net.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:29 pm

Couldn't understand why when Pisano went off at half time he didn;t bring on Vela to play full back rather than a total reorganisation of the back 4 by bringing Wheater on.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:23 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Jugs wrote:
thebish wrote:
Tower man mentioned something about a possible foul on Rob Green. Seems likeliest as he also said the ball went in the net.
I too missed it. One moment, Rob Green was taking a gk, the next, it rolled into the goal at 0.1mph. Was it @danzzy12345 who was stood by Green? No one seemed to know what had happened, least of all the ref (who was nowhere near as bad as NL claims).
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:39 pm

thebish wrote:Enoch lost one and half pints of guiness through spillage.....
I remember the half, buggered if I can remember the pint!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:40 pm

On a positive note, Trotter didn't put a foot wrong....

.... plus the cat herding proved much easier than some make it look.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:13 pm

Green is the dodgiest keeper in the world, so he probably got away with one.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:01 pm

Just back from my holibags and was chatting to a Celtic fan out there..His attitude was(thank feck Lennons your problem now)and not ours! He really didn't rate him at all,hope he was wrong mind!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:08 pm

jonnycooper wrote:Just back from my holibags and was chatting to a Celtic fan out there..His attitude was(thank feck Lennons your problem now)and not ours! He really didn't rate him at all,hope he was wrong mind!
Fatshaft from off here was equally adamant he was not the best choice. (That was the start of my doubts).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:19 pm

TonyDomingos wrote: I too missed it. One moment, Rob Green was taking a gk, the next, it rolled into the goal at 0.1mph. Was it @danzzy12345 who was stood by Green? No one seemed to know what had happened, least of all the ref (who was nowhere near as bad as NL claims).
one of theirs thought he'd be clever and head it out of Amos's hands and try to get away with it... maybe it was that kind of shizzle...

also - aside from that giant two-footed challenge that the linesman was standing right next to, I'm not sure I noticed an obvious pro-QPR reffing bias..

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:41 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
jonnycooper wrote:Just back from my holibags and was chatting to a Celtic fan out there..His attitude was(thank feck Lennons your problem now)and not ours! He really didn't rate him at all,hope he was wrong mind!
Fatshaft from off here was equally adamant he was not the best choice. (That was the start of my doubts).
IIRC Fatty's concerns were more to do with the fact that Lennon had disrespected Aberdeen fans, rather than anything to do with his ability.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:19 pm

thebish wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote: I too missed it. One moment, Rob Green was taking a gk, the next, it rolled into the goal at 0.1mph. Was it @danzzy12345 who was stood by Green? No one seemed to know what had happened, least of all the ref (who was nowhere near as bad as NL claims).
one of theirs thought he'd be clever and head it out of Amos's hands and try to get away with it... maybe it was that kind of shizzle...

also - aside from that giant two-footed challenge that the linesman was standing right next to, I'm not sure I noticed an obvious pro-QPR reffing bias..
NL's talking out of his @rse on this. No one at the game was complaining about the ref. He booked three of theirs and none of ours. At one point, the QPR supporters gave an ironic cheer when he finally gave them a fk after a series of 50:50 decisions went our way.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:44 pm

Neil Lennon isn't terrible but the only way we get out of this without investment is with an excellent manager and so far Lennon seems far from that.

For average managers this is an incredibly hard job. Freedman found it out and now Lennon is. The worry is neither Freedman or Lennon have real experience of managing in this situation and for me we lack some real know how and experience managerially and have done since Megson went.

Obviously this will be unpopular but we probably would have been best to stick with Megson. Yes we might have gone down at some point but that was inevitable when Eddie stopped spending anyway. Megson had the best chance of having a group together and organising them to come straight back up. He'd done it before and had experience of managing clubs in difficult situations. Clubs with decent expectations too.

Water under the bridge but we howled at drawing home games at the bottom end of the premiership. Being 2-0 up and conceding 2 against Hull seemed the end of the world then. Now that would be virtual heaven.