Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Re: Freedman out!

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:07 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:I'm looking forward to the excuses after Reading. What will it be? That the players are sh*t? That because we have debt, it stops Freedman from doing a good job?

Utterly clueless manager, who should have been sacked months ago. He's worse than Coyle, worse than Megson and I'd have more far faith in Sammy Lee. My only hope from this game is that Reading go on to put many more past us, which will hopefully guarantee Freedman's sacking. An embarrassing, indefensible cricket scoreline would probably result in the best thing for Bolton, which is the inept "Dougie" being f*cked off to under-12s football where he belongs.
That's a bit harsh, don't you think......what have the under12's done to deserve that?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:07 pm

There you go again, wishing us to lose. Stop being a customer and be a fan. A fan can be angry, but you never seriously want to lose. I hope you're embarrassed for saying that.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:12 pm

I think it's a bit late wanting us to lose. It appears that we have already lost.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:15 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:There you go again, wishing us to lose. Stop being a customer and be a fan. A fan can be angry, but you never seriously want to lose. I hope you're embarrassed for saying that.
If I say "I want us to win!" does it mean it'll happen? No. We're 4-0 and looking poor, with an awful manager, so we've already lost. I don't want us to lose but if we are going to lose, the best result would be to get slaughtered because otherwise, there will still be people defending Freedman.

If we lose 9-0, nobody will defend Freedman and an inexcusable loss like that would surely see him get sacked. If we lose 4-2, people will defend the management and want more time, so which is the better result? If your dog had cancer, and Freedman is a cancer on our club, then you'd do the merciful thing by putting it down. You wouldn't argue you should keep it alive because you wouldn't want to hurt it.

I never want us to lose but I'd rather we lost in a manner which gets Freedman sacked, than one which prolongs his stay with us. I want the best for the club and that means Freedman not being our manager.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:18 pm

4-0 or 9-0 makes no difference. It is a loss, no less, no more. Anyway, Dougie will have to lose quite a few more before they'll kick him out. We've run out of chips and the team has no bottle. Get used to it.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:20 pm

That cancer remark isn't very wise, another one on here made it about Coyle and many remember it as being disgusting.

Football is football, cancer is a terrible illness. Never confuse the two.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:22 pm

jaffka wrote:That cancer remark isn't very wise, another one on here made it about Coyle and many remember it as being disgusting.

+1

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:23 pm

jaffka wrote:That cancer remark isn't very wise, another one on here made it about Coyle and many remember it as being disgusting.

Seconded. You reached for hyperbole and found offence, Frazier.

You may well be right about Freedman, but there are thousands of years' worth of support reading these pages. Wanting us to get pasted makes you seem callow and naive.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:44 pm

If the board are contemplating sacking him then this will be it.

If he stays then we know he is fire proof.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:53 pm

jaffka wrote:If the board are contemplating sacking him then this will be it.

If he stays then we know he is fire proof.
Sadly he will. Gartside's self-interest will win out. We're stuck with this shite til the end of the season at least.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:56 pm

There will have to be some reaction, players on the transfer list etc

I wonder what the dimwit is going to come out with?

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:58 pm

My apologies if anyone was offended by that. I wouldn't want to be seen as trivialising the illness, so that was a poor choice of word.
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:You may well be right about Freedman, but there are thousands of years' worth of support reading these pages. Wanting us to get pasted makes you seem callow and naive.
I don't know, I genuinely think the best thing that could happen when the game is lost in these circumstances, is to suffer as humiliating a loss as possible. Like I said earlier, If we go on to lose 9-0, there are no excuses at all but if we happened to bring it back to 4-2, people would still defend Freedman and he'd be far more likely to keep his job. When Coyle was in charge, had we lost 3 games in a row 6-0 or something silly like that, there'd have been much more reason to sack him and maybe if that had happened, we'd still be in the Premier League. It's all ifs and buts, I know, but the chances of Freedman being sacked tonight are significantly higher than if he'd lost 1-0, and that's a good thing.

I know it sounds cheap to wish for a bad loss but sometimes, the inexcusable can be the best thing to happen.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:11 pm

We all know that it won't be Dougie 'Bassett's fault, he'll blame the tea lady, the ball or the weather anything but his sheer incompetence as a professional football manager.

It was obvious to most that he's a clueless amateur playing at being a football manager, and that clown Gartside has let him use BWFC to learn his trade. I'm hanging on to the thought that Gartside will now grow a pair, start to be interested again, finally start to think about the fans who paid to travel & sit through this latest shambles and finally sack Freedman in the dressing room straight after the game.

But we all know that won't happen because Gartside is as incompetent as Freedman....turn the bloody lights out, how Eddie Davies is allowing this to continue is astonishing.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:00 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

+1

+2

I lost a friend on Christmas eve to cancer and one on New year's day

Never should be used lightly
Last edited by plymouth wanderer on Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:08 pm

Didnt he spout a load of shite after the capitulation at blackburn about definitley selling the poor players/bad characters? Then fail to sell mears on deadline day? He just talks garbage. Where is the youth? He didnt make a sub till five nil today!

Still if he's sacked / walks...its gartsides gig to pick another! Sammy Lee, Gary Megson, Owen Coyle, this idiot... #trackrecord

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:33 pm

Freedman shamelessly pinned the blame on the players, saying that the "nucleus" isn't good enough for the Championship. Laughable, especially considering that those same group of players almost took us to the play-offs last year and almost survived a relegation battle in the Premier League, despite being burdened with Owen Coyle as our manager.

Hopefully Freedman goes before Monday. I can't think of many managers who'd do a worse job with the players we've got.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:37 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:

My apologies if anyone was offended by that. I wouldn't want to be seen as trivialising the illness, so that was a poor choice of word.
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:You may well be right about Freedman, but there are thousands of years' worth of support reading these pages. Wanting us to get pasted makes you seem callow and naive.
I don't know, I genuinely think the best thing that could happen when the game is lost in these circumstances, is to suffer as humiliating a loss as possible. Like I said earlier, If we go on to lose 9-0, there are no excuses at all but if we happened to bring it back to 4-2, people would still defend Freedman and he'd be far more likely to keep his job. When Coyle was in charge, had we lost 3 games in a row 6-0 or something silly like that, there'd have been much more reason to sack him and maybe if that had happened, we'd still be in the Premier League. It's all ifs and buts, I know, but the chances of Freedman being sacked tonight are significantly higher than if he'd lost 1-0, and that's a good thing.

I know it sounds cheap to wish for a bad loss but sometimes, the inexcusable can be the best thing to happen.
you also wanted us to lose to yeovil many months ago..

anyway - good for you - you got what you wanted...

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:40 pm

thebish wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:

you also wanted us to lose to yeovil many months ago..

anyway - good for you - you got what you wanted...
He did also say he wanted to be proven wrong.

Looks like he was right though.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:44 pm

the day i want Bolton to lose or to go on and get utterly pasted will be the day I jack it in altogether... i can't see that day coming any time soon...

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:51 pm

I wont be unhappy to see him go but I'm sure not even Jose Mourinho could fashion a decent defence out of the duffers we have at our disposal. Chap on Sky described us as Fred Karnos at the back. I've been thinking this for a while but just assumed I was uneducated.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"