Contract expiry

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Contract expiry

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:02 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Alex Finney - contract to June 2016
Byeeeeee!!!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:10 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Alex Finney - contract to June 2016
Byeeeeee!!!

Sounds like a shocker but might as well give him a few games to make amends.
Walker is the one who used up his chances for me. Absolute shite whenever I've seen him. Like playing with 10 men. The odd decent left foot ball so probably ok on the park with his mates but faced with 11 professionals a waste of a shirt.

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:31 am

How is it that we are playing the youngsters yet most are out of contact anyway. The fact that high earners still have a year or more on their contracts is very worrying. Unless Deano has some secret plan then administration next year must be a realistic possibility. These jokers are the sort who will happily sit in the reserves and pocket their wages rather than move on. We have seen this year that they have zero pride or ambition. How was this ever allowed to Happen?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:40 am

jetsetwilly wrote:How is it that we are playing the youngsters yet most are out of contact anyway. The fact that high earners still have a year or more on their contracts is very worrying. Unless Deano has some secret plan then administration next year must be a realistic possibility. These jokers are the sort who will happily sit in the reserves and pocket their wages rather than move on. We have seen this year that they have zero pride or ambition. How was this ever allowed to Happen?
Presumably to see which youngsters might hack it in Div 3 and offer those that can a new contract. I'm guessing that is more cost effective than replacing them with cheap journeymen.

As far as I'm concerned, lets see as much of Holding and Deryk in the middle as possible and give Maher a few more goes at the back. Hopefully Clayton can get a few games in before the end of the season to see how Woolery and him can perform together with Clough playing off them.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:41 am

I'm absolutely no expert on this, but you'd think we'd have relegation clauses in place that would reflect the loss in income?

You'd think...
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:49 am

throwawayboltonian wrote:
Andy Waller wrote:I'm absolutely no expert on this, but you'd think we'd have relegation clauses in place that would reflect the loss in income?

You'd think...
I don't think the previous board thought further relegation would be likely. I'll be damned surprised if they included relegation clauses.

This is the stupid thing about BWFC, I can't remember exactly if it was Fleetwood or Halifax, but didn't they put a clause in that they got a payment if Vardy plyed for England?

You'd put a relegation clause in as a matter of course. I'd even do it at Chelsea/Man U etc.

I'd expect their lawyers to recommend it just in case?

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:46 pm

Andy Waller wrote:
Andy Waller wrote:I'm absolutely no expert on this, but you'd think we'd have relegation clauses in place that would reflect the loss in income?

You'd think...
I don't think the previous board thought further relegation would be likely. I'll be damned surprised if they included relegation clauses.

This is the stupid thing about BWFC, I can't remember exactly if it was Fleetwood or Halifax, but didn't they put a clause in that they got a payment if Vardy plyed for England?

You'd put a relegation clause in as a matter of course. I'd even do it at Chelsea/Man U etc.

I'd expect their lawyers to recommend it just in case?
Completely agree mate, but if there's one thing that's come to the front this season it's that the previous board didn't operate in the realms of reality and logic.

I meant "played" btw.

Although he could be quite handy with a circular saw for all I know?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:01 pm

I think it might be a slightly startling summer, starting a few days after the last game with us announcing the release of 13 or 14 players whose contracts end in June.

I think we'll release Paul Rachubka, Ross Fitzsimons, Hayden White, Alex Finney, David Wheater, Quade Taylor, Neil Danns, Jordan Lussey, Liam Feeney, Rob Hall, Emile Heskey, Stephen Dobbie and Tom Eaves, with Tom Walker a possibility as well: he turned 20 in December and doesn't seem to be kicking on.

There have been rumours that Heskey might stay on, but I wouldn't expect that to be confirmed with an immediate contract extension - could be a wait-and-see.

I'm expecting us to take up the options on Rob Holding and Kaiyne Woolery, and I think one or possibly both of Niall Maher and Oscar Threlkeld might/should be offered a year.

Then there's those 16 players contracted beyond this season, and I'd be amazed if they're all still here. Filip Twardizk's already got his knotted hanky on the end of a stick and is wandering round the Czech Republic trying to find a club, while Francesco Pisano's agent will be ringing every club in Serie A and B even before this season's loan ends.

Financially, we must try to get the higher earners off our books. That starts with Jay Spearing and Mark Davies (one year left), Darren Pratley (two years) and Ben Amos (three), but I wouldn't be surprised if it extends down to three summer 2014 signings: Dean Moxey and Liam Trotter, both noisily dropped from the squad in recent weeks, and Dorian Dervite, who was signed on a free, before the real shitstorm, and outbidding a contract extension from Charlton. (Moxey was signed the same summer, but after being released by Palace; he was our seventh signing that summer.)

I think ideally, KA/DH would like to get rid of all those players (unless the new boss particularly pleads a case). I can't blame them. It will be interesting to see if they take the old-fashioned route of simply transfer-listing them; even if not (it can have contractual effects - loyalty bonuses and bollocks like that) they will certainly be offering them all round.

Depending on finding takers, that's up to another nine on top of the 13 or 14 released. It could be more: I doubt we'd object massively if someone came in with an offer for Gary Madine, Lawrie Wilson or Conor Wilkinson, but I doubt their wages are anywhere near the top of the priority list.

And in case you're wondering, that would leave us with Josh Vela and Max Clayton (one year left), Derik (two years) and Zach Clough (three years) plus, if signed, Holding, Woolery, Maher and Threlkeld. It's obviously not enough of a squad, but that's where your slashed wage bill allows you a knowledgeable, experienced spine: savvy older blokes running up the middle of the team - goalkeeper, centre-back partner for Holding, central midfielder, centre-forward for Clough/Clayton/Woolery/loanees to play off – who can lead the younger ones. I don't know who they might be, and it's a bit early to say. We've got two dozens players to shift first...

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:54 am

Reality bites. And it's in the bollocks. :?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:56 am

Trotter made a bit of a spirited comeback didn't he ? I remember actually remarking on it and damn-close to holding my hands up after my resolute belief that he was never a proper player. Did that all fade back to nothing or did "other stuff" get in the way ?

Twardzic. wtf was he all about ?

Jordan Lussey. He seems to have disappeared. Has he utterly lost whatever mojo he may have had ?

Agree utterly about Walker and Wilkinson. Neither ever showed even the vaguest likely hood of kicking on imho. (Scratch that 'h' ... imo).

Amos. His Stretford "pedigree" may attack some interest. But what took him from pretty damp good to disaster zone so quickly. He can't have gained any confidence playing behind that shambles ... but I suspect the back 4 could say the same right back at him.

Mixed I have time for, always did. But I'm guessing he's expensive and may get some options.

Wilson should be fine. Dervitte must be wondering what happened to him and if Presley stays then he's even shorter than I thought he was. Madine ... fck me. What can I say ? So many reasons why he could score 20 next year. More reasons he'll probably score 4 and fall over a lot.

Heskey. Really ? He came as a mate of Lennon. Gained us a lot of publicity .... not all of it negative ! But unless he wants to stay essentially as a learning coach gaining his badges and for a pittance what's his role in life ?

Mavies will get some takers. As will Spearing......but at what wage and will they go. I guess they, & Pratley maybe, are ones being loudly told that they can leave but don't expect any exit bonuses to do so.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:21 am

Amos looked excellent last spring, which wasn’t easy considering we weren’t exactly brilliant, but he appears to concede a long shot per week. I don’t think he’s terrible but I don’t think he’s worth eight times the average wage for the division, and that’s why they’ll want shut if possible - trouble is, who’s paying that sort of wage, especially with three years left?

I think more of it will be down to wage than attitude. Moxey is more of the same, for me - I think he has the ability and probably mentality (he’s former non-league) but is probably on far more than most in tier three, so we’ll seek to cut losses. Same with Dervite, but again, who’s buying or borrowing him?

There’s a player in Trotter, and in some ways he fits the profile of what we need for next season - he knows the division, has played in it lots, won a promotion (or two?) from it. And he has impressed since returning from his Forest loan, scoring a good calm goal from the 18yd line and displaying a range of passing. However, something (wage? attitude?) made him get lumped in with Moxey in the “You can stay at home, lads” message from JP. I can’t say I’d be devastated if he left.

Husky - I didn’t mind the punt, I doubt he was on much by our then standards, but it’d be an interesting discussion. He’s taking his badges I believe - I know KD is - so he may want to hang about, but that doesn’t mean he needs a “first team” wage, whatever that is.

Wilson’s probably not on much and feels tier-three. Still wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up wherever Graham Westley lands.

Madine - I dunno. I think there’s probably goals in him but it needs a fresh start, and it might not be here. But again, he’s down the wage list so they won’t be constantly resisting him on eBay.

Twardzik was Lennon’s only non-loan signing that first January. Low-cost punt on a guy who didn’t quite cut the mustard at Celtic. I don’t mind that. Lussey was more of the same, highly-regarded at the Liverpool Academy so worth a peep when they let him go. As ever in this kind of case, I’m getting the words “Paul Wheatcroft”.

Walker and Wilkinson: shame if they don’t kick on, but wages-wise it’s (been) low-risk.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:37 am

If you don't think too hard about it, it isn't as scary...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:45 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:If you don't think too hard about it, it isn't as scary...
That's the spirit! :-)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:37 am

I'm not scared, I'm excited. There's a great opportunity to clean house.

Devon White
Promising
Promising

Post by Devon White » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:05 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I'm not scared, I'm excited. There's a great opportunity to clean house.
Exactly, we have to clear the high earners, even if they are ok, its crippling our club. I don't think we will come straight back up, we will be left with some reasonable young ones and hopefully a few ex championship players who want to be part of a team. For once I would like to see wins in pre season friendlies none of this it doesn't matter crap, you have to learn to win and we have forgotten how to.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:36 pm

Devon White wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I'm not scared, I'm excited. There's a great opportunity to clean house.
Exactly, we have to clear the high earners, even if they are ok, its crippling our club. I don't think we will come straight back up, we will be left with some reasonable young ones and hopefully a few ex championship players who want to be part of a team. For once I would like to see wins in pre season friendlies none of this it doesn't matter crap, you have to learn to win and we have forgotten how to.
Are we low enough now to be attractive to premier league teams to play against? May generate more interest (and revenue) for the pre-season. May bloody a few noses too (figuratively speaking of course)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:49 pm

I don't think people have generally argued that the manner of the performance in pre-season didn't matter, just the result. In recent pre-seasons, we've barely been able to keep clean sheets, not managed to pass a ball 5 yards to a team mate, looked like a complete rabble and couldn't hit a cows arse. This has been faithfully replicated on going into the season proper.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:52 pm

Worthy4England wrote:I don't think people have generally argued that the manner of the performance in pre-season didn't matter, just the result. In recent pre-seasons, we've barely been able to keep clean sheets, not managed to pass a ball 5 yards to a team mate, looked like a complete rabble and couldn't hit a cows arse. This has been faithfully replicated on going into the season proper.

oh aye.. that's brought back memories of watching us play portsmouth's U14 tea-lady team pre-season and getting roundly thrashed and played off the park... :(

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat May 14, 2016 9:05 am

So, here's what shook out yesterday. Contracts until June unless otherwise stated. Corrections and clarifications (with citations) always welcome.

RELEASED Paul Rachubka
RELEASED Ross Fitzsimons
RELEASED Hayden White
RELEASED Niall Maher
RELEASED Oscar Threlkeld
RELEASED David Wheater
RELEASED Quade Taylor
RELEASED Neil Danns
RELEASED Jordan Lussey
RELEASED Liam Feeney
RELEASED
Wellington Silva (season-long loan from Arsenal)
RELEASED Rob Hall
RELEASED Emile Heskey
RELEASED Stephen Dobbie
RELEASED Tom Eaves
RELEASED Harry Campbell
RELEASED Jon Ceberio
RELEASED Channing Campbell-Young
RELEASED Jamie Thomas
RELEASED Yvan Wassi
RELEASED Chris Cvetko

RETAINED to 2017 Rob Holding
RETAINED to 2017 Alex Finney
RETAINED to 2017 Tyler Garratt
RETAINED to 2017 Tom Walker
RETAINED to 2017 Kaiyne Woolery

Lawrie Wilson
Francesco Pisano (loaned to US Avellino 1912 until June)
Dorian Dervite
Dean Moxey
Josh Vela
Filip Twardzik
Jay Spearing
Liam Trotter
Mark Davies
Gary Madine
Max Clayton

Derik Osede
Darren Pratley
Conor Wilkinson

Ben Amos
Zach Clough

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat May 14, 2016 9:14 am

21 out and 21 retained. The development squad has been pretty much decimated. Is it possible we wouldn't bother with a u-21 team next season? Do other clubs do that?
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!