Jaffka's gossip thread on the ins and outs at the 'Bok

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Re: Jaffka's gossip thread on the ins and outs at the 'Bok

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:13 pm

boltonboris wrote:in possibly the worst defensive performance by any Bolton player in the last 5 years doesn't fill me with confidence
Now that is the biggest load of billy bullshit ever on here

It wasn't even the worst in the two games against Fulham and West Brom
Sto ut Serviam

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:18 pm

Was it worse than Monsieur Cid? Considering your superlative in that first sentence, and all... :P

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:33 pm

officer_dibble wrote:He's a.non heading centre half. I think positionally he's ok and he's a footballing centre half...but seems a bit soft. I'm hoping Mills is a hard man.

I can't stand Knight, but I'd start with him and Mills I think.
So a front of the back floor sweeper may lurk there then ? A-la Campo (kneel & genuflect)
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:56 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Was it worse than Monsieur Cid? Considering your superlative in that first sentence, and all... :P
No...no it wasn't

Nor Campo

Nor a few others

And it certainly wasn't worse than Fernando fcuking Alonso
Sto ut Serviam

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:59 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Was it worse than Monsieur Cid? Considering your superlative in that first sentence, and all... :P
No...no it wasn't

Nor Campo

Nor a few others

Fernando Alonso? Former F1 world champion?

Or are you talking about Marcos? Or possibly Mikel?

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:35 pm

I know it's "Team Talk" but it's a rumour and nothing to do with F1 racing drivers !!:

http://www.teamtalk.com/bolton-wanderer ... -flyer-Lee" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:47 pm

I rate Ream quite a bit. I think he needs to add some muscle to cope with the physical demands of English football but he's skillful on the ball, he's calm, he has good defensive skills, so I'm happy with him being in the starting 11. The partnership with Wheater was impressive, I thought.

I like the idea of him being a sweeper, seeing as that has been mentioned. Seeing as we currently lack a genuine defensive midfielder, we could play 5 at the back and have Ream move around between defence and midfield. He's skillful enough to do that.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:49 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:
No...no it wasn't

Nor Campo

Nor a few others

Fernando Alonso? Former F1 world champion?

Or are you talking about Marcos? Or possibly Mikel?
You mean they're not one and the same

I assumed Fernado had contacted Jimmy Saville for his day in the sun
Sto ut Serviam

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:20 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:I rate Ream quite a bit. I think he needs to add some muscle to cope with the physical demands of English football but he's skillful on the ball, he's calm, he has good defensive skills, so I'm happy with him being in the starting 11. The partnership with Wheater was impressive, I thought.
I love your sunny optimism, Joe, but with those two in harness we were still shipping two goals a game: they played 11 full games together and we conceded 22 goals. Obviously that might not be all their fault but... man, I can't wait till our team starts winning again.

I'm not as frequently in favour of imagining that any defender who doesn't treat the ball like an unexploded bomb will automatically become Andrea Pirlo if redeployed 10 yards further forward. Bolton fans have been spoiled by the quarterbacking success of Ivan Campo and Fernando Hierro (although it should be noted that Nando had played in midfield many times before he'd even heard of Sam Allardyce). I would also note that such relocated centre-backs rarely excel in a four-man midfield. But if Mills and Knight become the first-choice pairing at the back, and we remain bereft of the defensive-minded midfielder Coyle obviously craves, then I'd be interested to see if we could retrain Ream – or, as I've said before, the two-footed Sam Ricketts.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:15 pm

I'd be more comfortable with mr versatile Sam Ricketts there given he did a decent job when he played there (Chelsea?). Reams a centre half and he just needs to beef up physically and mentally as well for the english game. The article on the BN website this week...he still talks himself down. Toughen up man.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:16 pm

Also presumably we have some more budget to sign a defensive mid as of today - we must get compensation but is it to be agreed?

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:23 pm

Seems a bit like 'Can Kevin Davies play centre-half?' discussion that went on around here for a few years. I think the answer is ultimately the same, no.

Ream in midfield against City is up there with AO'B at right back, JO'B on the wing, David Wheater: left back and that game against Watford where Big Sam played Faye and Campo in front of Meite and Ben Haim, and all four just lost their minds and played centre half. Bad ideas that need never be repeated.

And there is something Cid-like about him. He's obviously a better, but there's something not quite right about him all the same.

Hodori
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Hodori » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:31 pm

Stoke City want Lee

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/79924 ... -flyer-Lee" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/ind ... 754&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:33 pm

Aye, let's sell one of our best players just before the first game of a season. Great idea.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:37 pm

Hodori wrote:Stoke City want Lee

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/79924 ... -flyer-Lee" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/ind ... 754&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've had enough of Stoke now.
Time for them to piss off back where they came from.
Businesswoman of the year.

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:47 pm

Nixon said it was absolute rubbish and I think hes probably right, Stoke just signed a right winger and they already have Pennant, why splash the cash on Chungy?

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:49 pm

They can't have him. Stoke can f*ck right off. I'd rather sell him to anybody than Stoke. I hate Pulis and his horrible, smug perma-scowl.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:24 pm

Riviman wrote:I know it's "Team Talk" but it's a rumour and nothing to do with F1 racing drivers !!:

http://www.teamtalk.com/bolton-wanderer ... -flyer-Lee" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I call Bull Fit on this. Not a chance.
Pfffft.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:36 pm

Garty has his feelers out, dirty fecker!

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... e_Burnley/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Pfffft.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:56 pm

“If we can get someone of that stature in then it would help us no end but the players I’m looking at aren’t easily going to be made available by their respective clubs, just as our good young players are not for sale or for loan.”
So is that a hint that we're looking for a "good young player?' I think one with a bit of experience might be a better bet . . .