The Blackburn thread.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Blackburn thread.

Post by boltonboris » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:42 pm

Fuvk me you boring bastards it's a worn out cliche. Hence key introduction to it.

But as it stands, there's no way you'll climb the table if you don't follow up good away results with highly winnable home games.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

ReliantRobbo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ReliantRobbo » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:44 pm

A great three points, and sounds as if we played very well for the majority. Just the response the team needed to give after the performance at the weekend. The way its been said, the team seemed eager to prove a point and showed some urgency. Little dissapointed about the no clean sheet but they were always going to go for it in the last 10, we did enough though. Need to keep our feet firmly on the ground though and collect another 3 points on saturday.

GET IN!!!!!!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:46 pm

boltonboris wrote:Fuvk me you boring bastards it's a worn out cliche.
Contentious!

I would probably disagree with your boring bastards. :D

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:47 pm

They must have had about 8k in their home stands tonight, joke of a team.

Team went to shit when Eagles came off, and Petrov needs to learn to shoot; he had several chances on his own from outside the box dead on in the middle but always looked for that next pass when he was on his own. Silly.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:14 pm

#dougiecool

m_taylor
Promising
Promising

Post by m_taylor » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:24 pm

Just got back from the game, wow! What a overall performance. Bogdan caught crosses, defence look good through out (except the long ball for there Goal) have to say that I know a lot people dislike andrews but just when you want the composer to calm the play down he does it so well. (yes the ball often goes backwards or sideways but its what set us up tonight) butterflied and SKD were a different class also.

The team ran and chased every ball, by far the best we hav played since...... I can't remember.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:29 pm

10 points from 6 and not being beaten is a solid start all in all. Next 6 are an easier run: We have 4 at home and one of the aways is to Peterborough so we should be looking for about 14-16 hopefully which would put us somewhere reasonably top half at the turn of the year. Positivity eh

Pleased with the control exerted on the match tonight, the defensive subs and hanging on we'll have to get used to I think. Mills on for Chungy, crikey.

Noticed the shape seemed to be more understood and the Spearing-Andrews (who was OK for the first time) "double pivot" / two holders helped us keep the ball. For the last couple of games I've noticed the opposition full backs getting crosses in from deep / edge of the box with no sign of them being stopped, but we should be backing Knight and Mills/whoever to win those headers - least bad space to give away I suspect is the thinking.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:31 pm

I guess the dilemma on Saturday is whether we play Butterfield or Mark Davies.

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:33 pm

Berg will be iced after this result
:D
The Voice Of Reason

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:33 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Come on you lads that went. Get back and tell the tale...Played six, won two and drawn four. :D
8 points dropped.... :wink:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:35 pm

I'm thinking the players will have got a boost from that in a big way. Effort needed, effort rewarded. Confidence will be much better all round too. Got a feeling he may rest KD on Saturday at least at the start, purely from a conserving energy point of view. That apart, more of the same. Mark Davies will be available as a midfield option depending on how it goes but it's looking very encouraging. Keep it up.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:36 pm

Athers wrote:10 points from 6 and not being beaten is a solid start all in all. Next 6 are an easier run: We have 4 at home and one of the aways is to Peterborough so we should be looking for about 14-16 hopefully which would put us somewhere reasonably top half at the turn of the year. Positivity eh
Been looking at the last couple of seasons and teams on 40 points at the end of December generally were 2nd or 3rd. Can't see that being the case this season as there are no outstanding teams.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:37 pm

thebish wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Come on you lads that went. Get back and tell the tale...Played six, won two and drawn four. :D
8 points dropped.... :wink:
Aye, much better then dropping eighteen. :)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:38 pm

Porrohman wrote:feck me even coyle managed a win at Blackburn.
aye - the double last season...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:46 pm

jmjhb wrote:I guess the dilemma on Saturday is whether we play Butterfield or Mark Davies.
I'm expecting more than one change!

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:57 pm

I really hope we don't change too much on Saturday. Maybe bring Petrov in or Davies for Butterfield, but I wouldn't play around with this team too much, providing they're all fit. For our cohesion to get better, we need a set 11 and until we get that, the defensive errors and sloppy passing is not going to go away. I like the fact that Freedman tinkers a bit but the sooner he finds our best system and team, the better.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:00 am

jmjhb wrote:I guess the dilemma on Saturday is whether we play Butterfield or Mark Davies.
Probably both. One on for:t:other on about 60mins

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:19 am

SmokinFrazier wrote:I really hope we don't change too much on Saturday. Maybe bring Petrov in or Davies for Butterfield, but I wouldn't play around with this team too much, providing they're all fit. For our cohesion to get better, we need a set 11 and until we get that, the defensive errors and sloppy passing is not going to go away. I like the fact that Freedman tinkers a bit but the sooner he finds our best system and team, the better.
Any week we play two games in will probably see rotation. Yes, we need a settled team but bookings, injuries and sheer physical exhaustion can easily change that. A squad that's flexible and plays the same whoever's in or out is what we need.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:26 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:I really hope we don't change too much on Saturday. Maybe bring Petrov in or Davies for Butterfield, but I wouldn't play around with this team too much, providing they're all fit. For our cohesion to get better, we need a set 11 and until we get that, the defensive errors and sloppy passing is not going to go away. I like the fact that Freedman tinkers a bit but the sooner he finds our best system and team, the better.
Any week we play two games in will probably see rotation. Yes, we need a settled team but bookings, injuries and sheer physical exhaustion can easily change that. A squad that's flexible and plays the same whoever's in or out is what we need.
Yeah, you're probably right. I just hope there aren't wholesale changes every time we play three games in 7 days because I think that'd be disruptive to any momentum we're building.

I am optimistic about us though. I think we're finally coming good and it sounds like the team are playing more confidently. Get a win in our next game and we're just short of 2ppg under Freedman, which will do for me. I think we'll have a good run shortly - possibly even starting with the win earlier tonight.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:33 am

Great result.Been out at a charity quiz. Did eagles get to play in the hole? maybe the ;line up at brighton nlow makes a bit of sense. Resting his best 11 and nicking a result. 4 points away from home from rteams well above us in the table (when coyle was in charge) Come on BLT youre awful quiet tonight. Figured you'd be along to say how great this is given what a big wanderers fan you are.
Suppose we're not allowed to use the word tawt?