Bolton v Spuds

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:08 pm

malcd1 wrote:So no ban then.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 01,00.html
The Football Association has confirmed that no action will be taken against Tom Huddlestone for his alleged stamp on Johan Elmander.

The Tottenham midfielder appeared to land his foot on the Bolton striker as Harry Redknapp's side went down to a 4-2 defeat at the Reebok Stadium on Saturday.

However, he will not be charged by the FA after referee Chris Hoy confirmed that match officials did see the incident.

Even if the full nature of the clash was not seen by the officials, under Fifa rules the FA is then not allowed to summon video evidence to try the case retrospectively.

"We can confirm there will be no action taken against Tom Huddlestone," said an FA spokesman.

Huddlestone has therefore escaped a possible three-match suspension for violent conduct and will be available for Tottenham's clash with Sunderland on Tuesday.

The 23-year-old has already avoided a Uefa charge this season after television pictures showed his elbow making contact with the face of an opponent during Spurs' Champions League win over FC Twente.

But Redknapp has defended his player, saying Huddlestone is not an 'aggressive' character.
Ah, well. Move on. It was bad, but it's football. Let's not be intimidated, which I doubt we ever will. And let's not start whinging. We're not Arsenal.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:13 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
FaninOz wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
ebby wrote:jamie redknapp piping on about carroll for england instead of crouch on sky sports, he must have missed davies performance yesterday to not even give him a mention
I was just watching that with my gob open. Unbelievable!
A pairing of Davies and Carroll up front would be good to watch against the French, wouldn't mind that. Both had very good games over the weekend.
Oh I agree, fella. My aghast-ness (can I have that?) and Ebby's too, I guess, came from the fact that Redknapp didn't even mention the very fella who, on the day before, ran his own father's side a merry dance.
I watched the Sky replays twice on Sunday morning.

Not too much different than the Andy Gray commentary during the game. Just about everything was Tottenham did, rather than Bolton did.

1st goal - Tottenham gave the ball away too easily - nothing to do with Bolton harrying
3rd goal - Asshole Ekottu gave away a really soft penalty - not CYL actually left him with very little choice
4th goal - Tottenham pressing for an equaliser, got caught on the break. Not Holden puts in a great challenge to rob Gallas(?) of the ball and Bolton break quickly.

Everything was about what Tottenham were doing, bugger all about what Bolton were doing.
Just a question, do we expect owt else from Sky? Andy Gray and the rest of them, bar I think Alan Smith think we're crap and have for years
Pfffft.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:27 pm

coffeymagic wrote:People doubting Petrov. Lazy? Perhaps, but when he went rhough one-on-one did you ever think for a milli-second that he'd miss?

Said it before but to me the sign of a good player is one who doesn't miss the easy chances. Clean through would you put money on Fabrice, Chungy even Elmo or SKD?

Cool finish from a cool player. This is what we need.
If you think 75% (maybe more?) of our squad of Premier League players wouldn't have put it away, how could it be an easy chance?

I think the insinuation with the wording of the Huddlestone article is that Chris Foy did not deem it a deliberate stamp. Or at least, he thought it was borderline enough not to want to bring wider attention to his shit judgement.

FWIW, I doubt either Koscielny or Balotelli will get off. Koscielny should probably get done for a frivolous appeal.

marshall_42
Promising
Promising

Post by marshall_42 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:06 pm

Tombwfc wrote:
coffeymagic wrote:People doubting Petrov. Lazy? Perhaps, but when he went rhough one-on-one did you ever think for a milli-second that he'd miss?

Said it before but to me the sign of a good player is one who doesn't miss the easy chances. Clean through would you put money on Fabrice, Chungy even Elmo or SKD?

Cool finish from a cool player. This is what we need..

Just as I said in my match report. Wouldn't have wanted anyone else in that position....not even Anelka!

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:30 pm

marshall_42 wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:

Just as I said in my match report. Wouldn't have wanted anyone else in that position....not even Anelka!
Oh come on - Fabrice would have buried that somewhere :wink:

Great report by the way. Very entertaining.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Eire_Trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eire_Trotter » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:32 pm

Absolutely delighted with the win the weekend. All my friends praising our team for a great win against a very strong team.

Two questions:
1: Does there be a buzz around Bolton when we win a game like lets say there would be if the likes of Spurs, Everton, Fulham or Newcastle won a game?

2: Can any1 throw up a link to all the goals or even the first 2 as I missed them.

marshall_42
Promising
Promising

Post by marshall_42 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:32 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:
marshall_42 wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:

Oh come on - Fabrice would have buried that somewhere :wink:

Great report by the way. Very entertaining.
Ta Willy. I was screaming 'Shooooot' at the telly every time Moo got the ball :D

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Eire_Trotter wrote:Absolutely delighted with the win the weekend. All my friends praising our team for a great win against a very strong team.

Two questions:
1: Does there be a buzz around Bolton when we win a game like lets say there would be if the likes of Spurs, Everton, Fulham or Newcastle won a game?

2: Can any1 throw up a link to all the goals or even the first 2 as I missed them.
Here you go, mate: http://footyroom.com/bolton-wanderers-4 ... r-2010-11/

Eire_Trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eire_Trotter » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:04 pm

HMX wrote:
Eire_Trotter wrote:Absolutely delighted with the win the weekend. All my friends praising our team for a great win against a very strong team.

Two questions:

Here you go, mate: http://footyroom.com/bolton-wanderers-4 ... r-2010-11/
Cheers man.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:47 pm

Just shows what absolute bollox goes on in football. Huddlestone knew fxxking well what he was doing because the ball was long gone. It was a really dirty attack that got away with murder. Clicks my mind back to Gerard on Nolan ( He wouldn't do it on purpose, he's my mate) and Dion Dublin on...? Can't remember who right now, but I sure remember the stamp near the corner flag.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:44 am

I like Talksport. I like listening to taxi drivers calling in say things.

ps.

I am mad.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:05 am

TANGODANCER wrote:Just shows what absolute bollox goes on in football. Huddlestone knew fxxking well what he was doing because the ball was long gone. It was a really dirty attack that got away with murder. Clicks my mind back to Gerard on Nolan ( He wouldn't do it on purpose, he's my mate) and Dion Dublin on...? Can't remember who right now, but I sure remember the stamp near the corner flag.
it really wasnt that bad.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:16 am

General Mannerheim wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Just shows what absolute bollox goes on in football. Huddlestone knew fxxking well what he was doing because the ball was long gone. It was a really dirty attack that got away with murder. Clicks my mind back to Gerard on Nolan ( He wouldn't do it on purpose, he's my mate) and Dion Dublin on...? Can't remember who right now, but I sure remember the stamp near the corner flag.
It was worthy of a red card though
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:36 am

marshall_42 wrote:

Great report Marshall 8)

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:53 am

fatshaft wrote:
marshall_42 wrote:

Great report Marshall 8)
Recovered yet, fatty?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:08 am

William the White wrote:Recovered yet, fatty?
Well, someone had to bring it up. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:18 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
William the White wrote:Recovered yet, fatty?
Well, someone had to bring it up. :D
Surprised it took this long. :mrgreen:

I'm sure the Pie-Eaters got their money back last year....when something similar occurred.

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:32 am

William the White wrote:
fatshaft wrote:
marshall_42 wrote:

Don't think you could fault Nic on his one-on-one ratio. I remember him scoring a couple, something we've not had at Bolton since...since...bugger me...when was the last time you SAW a one-on-one? McAteer? Stuart Ripley?

My favourite Anelka goal was the one he scored against Birmingham when he collected a throw in back to the goalie.

While everyone else was stood around scratching their arses Anelka was watching and took a chance.

It's a great skill to have.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:36 am

coffeymagic wrote:
William the White wrote:
fatshaft wrote:
marshall_42 wrote:

Don't think you could fault Nic on his one-on-one ratio. I remember him scoring a couple, something we've not had at Bolton since...since...bugger me...when was the last time you SAW a one-on-one? McAteer? Stuart Ripley?

My favourite Anelka goal was the one he scored against Birmingham when he collected a throw in back to the goalie.

While everyone else was stood around scratching their arses Anelka was watching and took a chance.

It's a great skill to have.
He was a really good outlet too when we were defending corners, just floating around the half way line, get it out to Anelka and the pressure is off immediately

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:12 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:
If Paul Robinson or Steinsson had done it it would have been akin to a jail sentence with the media.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?