Wanderers v Hillbilly Banjo players

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Wanderers v Hillbilly Banjo players

Post by HMX » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:57 pm

FaninOz wrote: Fair point mate, a good turn out but surprisingly less than against Balckpool. But well done to all those who did turn up as it sounded like they lifted the team very well after we went down to 10 men, sounded somewhat quiet before that but that's not surprising at the way we were playing.

Those who don't go are missing some great games of football at the Reebok, I'm amazed that there is an empty seat in the ground where else can you see such good football matches week in week out?
Firstly, Blackpool fans, I believe took the entire South stand (could be wrong here) whereas the top-tier was not even half full today.

Secondly, some people can't afford it - if I lived around the area, I'd be saving for a season ticket but it's beyond some people's financial reach I guess.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:02 pm

Still not sure that Dunne swinging an arm back deliberately and getting nothing equates with Mark Davies's jumping for the ball and catching a player with his arm equals a second yellow and sending off. Of course the ref being Clatterbug might just have something to do with it.
Commentators were pixxing themselves at 6 mins.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:07 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Still not sure that Dunne swinging an arm back deliberately and getting nothing equates with Mark Davies's jumping for the ball and catching a player with his arm equals a second yellow and sending off. Of course the ref being Clatterbug might just have something to do with it.
Thought it was a very questionable sending off, but he was very stupid for pulling that stunt while sitting on a yellow.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:08 pm

HMX wrote:
FaninOz wrote: Fair point mate, a good turn out but surprisingly less than against Balckpool. But well done to all those who did turn up as it sounded like they lifted the team very well after we went down to 10 men, sounded somewhat quiet before that but that's not surprising at the way we were playing.

Those who don't go are missing some great games of football at the Reebok, I'm amazed that there is an empty seat in the ground where else can you see such good football matches week in week out?
Firstly, Blackpool fans, I believe took the entire South stand (could be wrong here) whereas the top-tier was not even half full today.

Secondly, some people can't afford it - if I lived around the area, I'd be saving for a season ticket but it's beyond some people's financial reach I guess.
Thirdly - the game was broadcast on live television. Not that we need to proffer excuses to the likes of FiO though.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:11 pm

seanworth wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Still not sure that Dunne swinging an arm back deliberately and getting nothing equates with Mark Davies's jumping for the ball and catching a player with his arm equals a second yellow and sending off. Of course the ref being Clatterbug might just have something to do with it.
Thought it was a very questionable sending off, but he was very stupid for pulling that stunt while sitting on a yellow.
If that was against one of ours then we'd have been baying for a straight red. It was a ridiculous challenge. That he put a challenge in like that whilst already having been cautioned was absolute stupidity.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:15 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
seanworth wrote:
If that was against one of ours then we'd have been baying for a straight red. It was a ridiculous challenge. That he put a challenge in like that whilst already having been cautioned was absolute stupidity.
Lets look on the bright side - it's a guaranteed way to get the Stu-Moo dream team back together!!

Brilliant match that, I loved it, Petrov didn't deserve to be taken off, but in hindsight, we did need Taylor's defensive workrate - although Robbo was waging a one-man assault on the B'burn attack, and was a worthy MotM, he was immense.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:17 pm

For God's sake. Do your fecking jobs properly. Holden off the bench?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... eport.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:19 pm

"Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce says Bolton's winner in their 2-1 defat was a diabolical goal to concede"

At least he's finally doing something about the weight!
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kfaille
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by kfaille » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:20 pm

Eire_Trotter wrote:Delighted to beat Big Sam's B'burn this time around as it is actually helpin us progress up the top half of the table.

Happy for Holden getting another goal, he seems to be getting better and better the more he plays.

Lets hope we can kick on and get another few good results and make it a very happy christmas to all the wanderers and trotters out there :pissed: .
I agree :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

Does anyone have a link with the goals please?

thankyou!
BWFC Fan since 2002, from Santiago, Chile.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:27 pm

truewhite15 wrote:Lets look on the bright side - it's a guaranteed way to get the Stu-Moo dream team back together!!
I'm one of the ones that's been saying recently that I'd like to see a Holden / Mavies pairing, I just didn't expect to see it today. I fully understand OC's 'play well - stay in the side' ethos but I really do think that the midfield two should be picked by dint of who it is that we're playing against and not by dint of how we got on against those that we've just played.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:27 pm

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:
LeeRoyBrown wrote:Followed him to the bench and gave him what for.

Coyles the gaffer and if he wants him off then he should repect that.
Tomorrow morning will be great. Owen, ever the diplomat, gives him praise for what he did, and explains the decision. Petrov, possibly the diva, gives initial stroppage before realising it was the right decision.

I know who's going to get the backing of everyone else for it. I understand Petrov's frustration, because he played better than most today.
and - in fact - scored! (any explanation why that wasn't a goal?)

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:27 pm

F4i11uX wrote:
Eire_Trotter wrote:Delighted to beat Big Sam's B'burn this time around as it is actually helpin us progress up the top half of the table.

Happy for Holden getting another goal, he seems to be getting better and better the more he plays.

Lets hope we can kick on and get another few good results and make it a very happy christmas to all the wanderers and trotters out there :pissed: .

thankyou!
http://soccertvlive.blogspot.com/2010/1 ... h-2-1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

kfaille
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by kfaille » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:30 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
F4i11uX wrote:

thankyou!
http://soccertvlive.blogspot.com/2010/1 ... h-2-1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanyou mate!
BWFC Fan since 2002, from Santiago, Chile.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:34 pm

Clattenburg = Cock. Stuart Holden = Beautiful Little Bastard!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:35 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
seanworth wrote:
he could also have gone off 5mins before for the blatant hand ball...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:37 pm

what was Holden's falling over goal celeb about???

and - Moo - he didn't INTEND to fall over after his - did he! he needs more goal celebration practice..

nice to see the midfield chipping in with some goals...

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:39 pm

hi there, i'm chris wrote:
thebish wrote:the shots of big Sam dancing on the touchline - and then 10secs later - AWESOME!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnss9gFb1lY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seriously, its moment for moment.

Big Sam brings on sub, sub scores on 87th minute to make it 1-1 and Big Sam celebrates live on TV.

Thank feck the opposing team scored to make it 2-1 this time!
What's the Vaz Te goal got to do with the price of Tikka Pies?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:44 pm

thebish wrote:what was Holden's falling over goal celeb about???

and - Moo - he didn't INTEND to fall over after his - did he! he needs more goal celebration practice..

nice to see the midfield chipping in with some goals...
Holden says on Sky it was something they cooked up in the locker room but wouldn't elaborate - and no, Moo did not intend it (they were interviewed together).
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

RobbieSavagesLeg
Promising
Promising

Post by RobbieSavagesLeg » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:48 pm

Just got back.
What a result!!!!
Thought it was a bad move having the Molden/Havies partnership when I saw the line-up, but fair play to Coyle for trying it out. They're just too similar to have playing together in a game like that, especially as Holden seemed to playing the more defensive role.

That crunching tackle from Robbo about 70 mins where he ended up spinning round, getting floored and jumping back to his feet shows the lad is passionate if nothing else.
Cahill put in a good few well timed tackles too.
Elmander didn't seem too sharp for first 60mins but perked up a bit towards the end.
Moo can shoot.
Diouf dramatics were a bit embarrassing.
I'd rather support Bolton than be you.

RobbieSavagesLeg
Promising
Promising

Post by RobbieSavagesLeg » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:51 pm

I had a good feeling about this.™
I'd rather support Bolton than be you.