Wiggin game

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Wiggin game

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:03 am

CarlosHernandez wrote:
Riviman wrote:Noticed on the tv that as the players come off the pitch at the end of the game Petrov goes to Davies and Davies says to him something like " That's it you take the penalties from now on" and Petrov gives him a big grin and a hug !!
Yep noticed that too. It's definitely what he said, so I'd say if Petrov's on the pitch, he'll take them from now on.
all academic - we've used up our seasonal penalty ration already!

elfil76
Reliable
Reliable

Post by elfil76 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:12 am

Riviman wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:
William the White wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:Jussi on the goal, yep probably unsaveable, but dropping to his knees argghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
I'm not sure what you or Bruce are talking about here (and I think bobo had a little pop as well)... Do you think he drops to his knees in some absurd attempt to save it because he doesn't know it's going over a shoulder in a place it isn't possible for superman to get? Eh???

He does it cos he's feeling sick at the goal... he cares... he despairs... He is simply not at fault for conceding this in any way, shape or form... And, dibs, if you agree it's probably unsaveable, which bit of your rational mind despairs of Jussi to the point you scream??? What :conf:
He did it before it hit the net! He does it quite a lot before it hits the net!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOsM54d22S8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My rational part of mind was thinking, ahh it would of gone in even if he had flung himself upwards at it. The non rational part of my mind usually available between 3 and 5pm most saturdays thought FFS Jussi! On yer knees again! I'm not saying he's a shit keeper, I'm saying he has a frustrating habit of dropping to his knees...same way you might not like the mrs watching eastenders or summat, not gonna dump her over it but wish she would watch coast or summat else!
He does go to ground at times, the difference on the youtube clip and the Wigan goal is that the Villa scorer hits the ball downwards, so Jussi goes down , it then balloons over his head. I'm sure that as he's a far better goalkeeper than all on here he should know what he's doing !!
well if you put it that way, I don't think any of us are fit to make any criticism unless most of us were at one some point nominees for some players award at FIFA, AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, UEFA or something.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:18 am

elfil76 wrote:
Riviman wrote:He does go to ground at times, the difference on the youtube clip and the Wigan goal is that the Villa scorer hits the ball downwards, so Jussi goes down , it then balloons over his head. I'm sure that as he's a far better goalkeeper than all on here he should know what he's doing !!
well if you put it that way, I don't think any of us are fit to make any criticism unless most of us were at one some point nominees for some players award at FIFA, AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, UEFA or something.
I was player of the match for Mold Alex once, does that count ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:42 am

boltonboris wrote:Can't believe some of the Davies guff on here. He was excellent this weekend. Proper captains performance. Superb ball retention, won very header and worked hard. It was like seeing the Davo of yesteryear.
He wasn't as bad as he has been thats for sure.

He was still pretty bobbins though IMO. NGog was the one doing all the work to try and keep the ball, and start attacks. Did well for the second goal to chase it down. Fair play. And a decent ball to NGog.

Second half though, number of times, he was just too slow to be effective!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:05 am

William the White wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:Jussi on the goal, yep probably unsaveable, but dropping to his knees argghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
I'm not sure what you or Bruce are talking about here (and I think bobo had a little pop as well)... Do you think he drops to his knees in some absurd attempt to save it because he doesn't know it's going over a shoulder in a place it isn't possible for superman to get? Eh???

He does it cos he's feeling sick at the goal... he cares... he despairs... He is simply not at fault for conceding this in any way, shape or form... And, dibs, if you agree it's probably unsaveable, which bit of your rational mind despairs of Jussi to the point you scream??? What :conf:
Look how often he simply drops to his knees, Will, and then we'll have a conversation.
May the bridges I burn light your way

elfil76
Reliable
Reliable

Post by elfil76 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:41 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
elfil76 wrote:
Riviman wrote:He does go to ground at times, the difference on the youtube clip and the Wigan goal is that the Villa scorer hits the ball downwards, so Jussi goes down , it then balloons over his head. I'm sure that as he's a far better goalkeeper than all on here he should know what he's doing !!
I was player of the match for Mold Alex once, does that count ??
In that case, u r over qualified bobo. Ramble on on our behalf then. :pissed:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:47 pm

Some highlights here for those who haven't watched Match of the Day for the second time this season..

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/ ... 8/26969685" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:04 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
FaninOz wrote:Not a bad game but compared with the earlier game betwen Pool and United it was totally lacking in "quality", are these four teams in the same league a stranger would ask!!!!
A stranger, just maybe, might not know there are about hundred million reasons, with a £ sign in front of them all. Ferraris' are not in the same league as Ford Mondeos for the same reasons. Bet a stranger would know that though. Tottenham and Stoke, in 6th and 7th league positions are just six points ahead of us even though we've already played five of these
"quality" teams in our first eight games.. Keep the faith Aussie. :wink:
I appreciate the money bit but gee were were very very poor in comparison and Wigan even more so. Even Sunderland gave Arsenal a scare or two and they are only just above us in the league, just like we used to do but not for a long time now.

I have been and always will be a Bolton supporter but that doesn't stop me seeing how lacking in quality we are, and then Coyle says that we were magnificent!! I'm not sure which match he was watching or where he got his "Rose tinters" from but it must have been from another planet.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

jimbo_bwfc
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jimbo_bwfc » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:54 pm

Dunno about anyone else but the Liverpool and United game was bloody awful. Two teams set up to draw, United pumping long balls up to Welbeck. Schoolboy defending for the Liverpool goal-and from a fella who has played over 600 PL games. As bad as any of the Wigan mistakes. Constant and blatant diving, alleged! racism.

Last 15mins wasn't bad, but everything before that was pretty much shite. Seems an odd game/teams to compare us to though, the combined finances of us and Wigan probably doesn't even touch 25% of one of Liverpool or United.
http://www.twitter.com/jderbyshirebwfc

"Like putting a tiara on a shirehorse"

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:04 pm

FaninOz wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
FaninOz wrote:Not a bad game but compared with the earlier game betwen Pool and United it was totally lacking in "quality", are these four teams in the same league a stranger would ask!!!!
A stranger, just maybe, might not know there are about hundred million reasons, with a £ sign in front of them all. Ferraris' are not in the same league as Ford Mondeos for the same reasons. Bet a stranger would know that though. Tottenham and Stoke, in 6th and 7th league positions are just six points ahead of us even though we've already played five of these
"quality" teams in our first eight games.. Keep the faith Aussie. :wink:
I appreciate the money bit but gee were were very very poor in comparison and Wigan even more so. Even Sunderland gave Arsenal a scare or two and they are only just above us in the league, just like we used to do but not for a long time now.

I have been and always will be a Bolton supporter but that doesn't stop me seeing how lacking in quality we are, and then Coyle says that we were magnificent!! I'm not sure which match he was watching or where he got his "Rose tinters" from but it must have been from another planet.

With all due respect FIO that's bollocks. We matched Arsenal in the first half this season and Wheater's sending off changed the game. I do believe we even beat them at home last season. So, apart from the last two games, one of which we finished with ten men, when should we have done better?

I'm not one to get overexcited by one win in seven games but christ, you gotta be pleased with the performance. It may be that Wigan weren't the best opposition we've faced, but of the three teams outside the established top six that we've played we've gained 6 points from nine and have scored 8 goals in the process.

Be reet.
Last edited by Gary the Enfield on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:34 pm

jimbo_bwfc wrote:the combined finances of us and Wigan probably doesn't even touch 25% of one of Liverpool or United.
Arguably needs a decimal place in there.

Longstanding denizens of this place know that FiO is never happier than when he's having a pop. Ignore the scoreline: Sunderland were outclassed at Arsenal just as badly as we were. Despite losing Wheater for almost half the game we attempted and completed more passes than they did, and we also matched Sunderland's possession stat. Still, no point letting facts get in the way of a whinge.

We've just had an utter bitch of a fixture list. All you can ask after that is to beat what's in front of you. That we did on Saturday. It'll do for me.

jimbo_bwfc
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jimbo_bwfc » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:48 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
jimbo_bwfc wrote:the combined finances of us and Wigan probably doesn't even touch 25% of one of Liverpool or United.
Arguably needs a decimal place in there.
I was just riffing. 8)

Although that being said, if someone wanted to buy United now, how much would they have to pay? Over 1B? Liverpool, 7-800M?

I imagine about 150M would buy you both Bolton and Wigan...with change.
http://www.twitter.com/jderbyshirebwfc

"Like putting a tiara on a shirehorse"

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:52 pm

£150m would probably give you enough left over to build a new squad.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:13 pm

jimbo_bwfc wrote:Although that being said, if someone wanted to buy ........ Liverpool, £7-800M?

I imagine about 150M would buy you both Bolton and Wigan...with change.
.... unless your board sell it from under your feet !! £238m 12 months ago I believe ... almost none of which going to the owners.

Theiving .... in Liverpool. That can't be, now can it !?!?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:02 pm

fantastic win and a great 3 points, lets keep it going Bolton and dig ourselves out of the bottom 3

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:38 am

Yes it was a great display from everyone.

Little bit Scary from conceding the goal and then the Penalty getting saved.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:11 am

ngog needs a five year contract.