Leicester City

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Leicester City

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:03 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:it's the language of hope. I suspect that if we were honest with ourselves then had we witnessed that game last night - with the same players - same game - same substitutions - same result - and the only difference was that Coyle was manager - we would NOT have said - ahh - that's better, now we have something positive to build on.... we'd have said he was fecking lucky to get a point and it wasn't really good enough at home..

nowt wrong with the language of hope - but let's recognise it for what it is!
We did have a similar sort of performance and result against Arsenal last year. Plenty of hope around then that he'd learned. Sadly next game he went and fecked up at Norwich when we were holding on for a point.

So I think it's fair to have hope when a new guy comes in and shows he can organise and structure......but not when a guy who has shown he will continually revert to type whenever he stumbled upon something that vaguely worked!
you'll note I did say "if we were honest with ourselves"...

and I said "nowt wrong with the language of hope", I believe.

Ace as they are, Leicester City are not Arsenal...

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:03 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:it's the language of hope. I suspect that if we were honest with ourselves then had we witnessed that game last night - with the same players - same game - same substitutions - same result - and the only difference was that Coyle was manager - we would NOT have said - ahh - that's better, now we have something positive to build on.... we'd have said he was fecking lucky to get a point and it wasn't really good enough at home..

nowt wrong with the language of hope - but let's recognise it for what it is!
We did have a similar sort of performance and result against Arsenal last year. Plenty of hope around then that he'd learned. Sadly next game he went and fecked up at Norwich when we were holding on for a point.

So I think it's fair to have hope when a new guy comes in and shows he can organise and structure......but not when a guy who has shown he will continually revert to type whenever he stumbled upon something that vaguely worked!
you'll note I did say "if we were honest with ourselves"...

and I said "nowt wrong with the language of hope", I believe.

Ace as they are, Leicester City are not Arsenal..

At the moment Dougie has no option but to use Players that have Coyles way embedded in them so there are,nt going to be miracles performed instantly..He,s had 2 games and so far has,nt lost..It will take time to instil into these players(Dougies Style Of Play)..Give the man the time he deserves....What happens if we lose our next game. Is it (DOUGIE OUT) :spank:

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Ianmooreslovechild wrote:
Only listening on the radio and following comments on here. Interesting how davo/pratley can have a good game in some eyes and be crap in others views. These are people actually watching the game.

I totally agree with BWFCi though from what i've managed to pick up. KD started and played 90 because there were no better alternatives and Pratley did a good job and is improving. Had Ngog been available then I'm sure you'd have seen the change. I doubt KD will be playing 90 mins or starting every week once Ngog is available because Ngog is and always has been the best 451 striker we have and if he gets his eye in and starts scoring he will get more game time than KD.

It's quite possible at Blackpool that a different system may be used. Blackpool play a very open attacking game and concede a lot. Strikes me as the sort of team where you want to break up their attacks when theyve been drawn forward rather than forcing them into long balls which will encourage them to keep some shape. So who knows Spearing may well come in for Pratley and Eagles may get a freer role. Petrov may not start but may well be involved earlier and it may be the sort of game where there is more space and sordell can play a part.

Should be interesting. I cant believe some of the comments here though. We've kept a clean sheet and matched two top level teams picking up 4 points. We finally have a manager who sees the value of not conceding and doesnt make mad changes that leave us wide open.

Petrov on the right and afobe left I can only assume is down to where Freedman believed leicester were weakest. He clearly didnt believe getting to the byline and and firing it across for KD was a better option than Petrov/afobe cutting in and having a crack. Eagles had one of his off nights so why should he stay on for the full 90?

Whatever the reasoning it's a big improvement on coyle. At least there is now a recogniton that we need to stop opponents rather than just blindly go into games believing our"flair" will allow us to outscore them.And there is evidence that the manager is looking to identify weaknesses in opponents and trying to set up to exploit them.

Would be nice to think all players could be seen as having a fresh start by fans now they have a more professional management team.
Sadly there is a culture now that is rampant at the Reebok, and even on forums internet sites that is fans not prepared to give anything a chance.

They want instant results, and not only that, they want instantly thrilling attacking performances (with clean sheets as well).

When Freedman took over we were 18th in the championship, which suggested things were not rosy. He's had two games against the top 4 sides in the division and we get 4 points. Thats a decent start. We've got another hard game on Saturday and anything from that will be excellent at this stage. We are 5 points off the play-offs.

We have a manager who has clearly instilled some organisation. I'm not sure at this stage what more he could have done.

If our wingers had performed yesterday we may well have won the game. As it is both were disappointing and their delivery into the box was incredibly poor.

The system is set up for LCY/Eagles to shine out wide and create chances. They didn't on the whole. But at least we have a system now that will let our "flair" players have a platform, when they are on form.
Here, here fella. Sums up how I feel about the whole situation. I was pretty nervous about the game but 4 points out 6 is a massive improvement, 5 points shy of the play-offs. Yet some people still moan, we aren't going to walk this league. This could well be another Allardyce build the sides momentum up and remember he never did it in his first year in charge.
Pfffft.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:32 pm

A difference I detected was the unsure way players thought to move across to cover outside of their usual 'zone'.

Under OC we'd see our players moving around all over the place and leaving gaps. Here it was a bit the other way - for example the centre backs were unsure about covering - One example is when ZK, although marking no-one, chose not to move out to shut down an opponent, who was able to wander into the wide area of the box until a desperately backtracking midfielder got back. Another example when ZK almost gave away a penalty, so nervous was he to be outside the middle.

Plan seemed to be to let them work it wide if they're going to work it anywhere and we'll back our best two headers, Mills and Knight, to beat their lads in the air. What seemed to happen though first half was that they were able to get into positions a long way inside from the touchline and even into the box to shoot from.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:35 pm

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/mana ... 71516.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pfffft.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:56 pm

TKIZ! wrote:4 points out 6 is a massive improvement, 5 points shy of the play-offs. Yet some people still moan, we aren't going to walk this league. This could well be another Allardyce build the sides momentum up and remember he never did it in his first year in charge.
My first year back as an ST holder and I've been quite taken aback at the reaction of some of our fans. Granted I got through the Megson years via Jeff Stelling & co so perhaps I'm just not battle weary as some but after 10 minutes I had goons near me booing, players being told they're 5hite and one guy called SKD a to55er.

Footballs a passionate game, and whilst I'm not much of a singer at matches, I'd far rather spend my time shouting encouragement and clapping than whinging like a Rags fan.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:09 pm

What the feck did people see in Pratley last night? For me he did nothing more and nothing less than he's done at this club since he joined, so in my opinion he did jack shit. He is so slow and immobile. Seriously what has he done to warrant a place in the team, and even more so, what the bloody hell has Spearing done to deserve to be dropped? Spearing has been one of our better players this season and he's not had a minute under Freedman. I'm not slagging Freedman off here but surely bringing Spearing back in for Pratley/Andrews will give us a lot more mobility and options as both of those are shockingly slow and piss poor at anything football related.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:44 pm

^ As I was saying.. :whack: :D
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:31 pm

jonnycooper wrote:At the moment Dougie has no option but to use Players that have Coyles way embedded in them so there are,nt going to be miracles performed instantly..He,s had 2 games and so far has,nt lost..It will take time to instil into these players(Dougies Style Of Play)..Give the man the time he deserves....What happens if we lose our next game. Is it (DOUGIE OUT) :spank:
:conf: who's not giving him time?? what are you on about??

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:30 am

He's had two weeks! How much longer does he need? This is still the best squad ever in the championship! How can we possibly be expected to wait ... Bedding in , getting to know the squad.. These are supposed to be professionals.. You"'ll be telling me confidence is an issue next....

:-)
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:35 am

thebish wrote:
jonnycooper wrote:At the moment Dougie has no option but to use Players that have Coyles way embedded in them so there are,nt going to be miracles performed instantly..He,s had 2 games and so far has,nt lost..It will take time to instil into these players(Dougies Style Of Play)..Give the man the time he deserves....What happens if we lose our next game. Is it (DOUGIE OUT) :spank:
:conf: who's not giving him time?? what are you on about??
I'd like to know too, because I've been hearing it all week..

People are confusing "that were a bit shit" for "let's sack the manager"
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"