Bedsheets, Pitchforks and colours nailed etc.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Bedsheets, Pitchforks and colours nailed etc.

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:39 pm

Said a month back that (as far as the wider world was concerned) Lennon could probably walk away with his reputation intact. But it's harder to walk away with dignity with your trousers round your ankles.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:45 pm

The Harry Redknapp strategy? Possibly.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:56 am

Not sure where to put this. Dioufy has had a rant about our manager and a few other things. Hard to disagree with any of this really.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foot ... ji-7089961" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:12 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Not sure where to put this. Dioufy has had a rant about our manager and a few other things. Hard to disagree with any of this really.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foot ... ji-7089961" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oh come on, even by my sometimes more astute standards this takes the biscuit!
The 34-year-old told French magazine So Foot: “I didn’t know Neil Lennon but saw his face and have always hated him. He was at Celtic and I was at Rangers and the two clubs were at war with each other. He is a d***head and I’ve never liked him.
Lennon has not lived up to most peoples expectations but linking to that is taking the piss!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:16 pm

is it really hard to disagree with what is (basically) a rant against a manager who the author clearly says he doesn't know and hates (presumably) because of some entirely ludicrous and misplaced loyalty to Rangers?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:19 pm

Suppose it's easy to get caught up in the hatred up there, even for a so called professional
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:37 pm

boltonboris wrote:Suppose it's easy to get caught up in the hatred up there, even for a so called professional
I expect so, but if he's still going on years later about hating someone he admits he doesnn't know then it's clear who the real dickhead is. I'd be embarrassed a a journo to report on that.
Last edited by LeverEnd on Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:38 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Suppose it's easy to get caught up in the hatred up there, even for a so called professional
I expect so, but if he' still going on years later about hating someone you admit he doesnn't know then it's clear who the real dickhead is. I'd be embarrassed a a journo to report on that.
Carragher?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:46 pm

jonnycooper wrote:So are you saying that no other Manager would have had our squad in a better position?Lennon squandered the funds available here,I would argue that Lennon and BWFC had a considerably better squad than Birmingham,he let Kellett and Davies go and signed Madine and Dervite? Very astute! He,ll walk away into another good job blaming our finances for what a shit job he,s done.I was astounded when he became our Manager and thought we,d pulled a master stroke,but his decision making has been appalling! We have a very highly paid player in Medo who can,t even make the bench!He never once has shouldered any blame for any of our results!Would the local Bread factory Manager keep his job if his employees were not producing,and just acting like Muppets?
GUILTY on signing Madine.
NOT GUILTY on signing Dervite. (although he does pick him to play from time to time).

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:46 pm

boltonboris wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
I expect so, but if he' still going on years later about hating someone you admit he doesnn't know then it's clear who the real dickhead is. I'd be embarrassed a a journo to report on that.
Carragher?
Ok I should edit it to dickheads!.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:49 pm

boltonboris wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
Carragher?
^ is always the right answer! :D

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:05 pm

Diouf was also a regular at the same Bolton pub as Lennon. Maybe he's jealous that Lennon's been sipping his Koolaid?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:28 pm

I just thought the Carragher bit was funny. He's clearly having a laugh. The Lennon stuff also amusing. Diouf doesn't think any of this. He just says it for the lolzzzzz

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:39 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:I just thought the Carragher bit was funny. He's clearly having a laugh. The Lennon stuff also amusing. Diouf doesn't think any of this. He just says it for the lolzzzzz
...yet you find it hard to disagree with any of it! LOLZ!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:30 pm

Once again Diouf proves himself to be an absolute cock end. Surely even a thick-headed footballer from a secular Islamic country realises that there are deeper roots to the rivalry than simple hatred up there!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:16 pm

Is anybody still of the opinion that getting in Mick 'mick' McCarthy wasn't a sensible option?
And if you are, do you really think we should be losing a battle to be the shittest team out of Charlton, Bristol, Rotherham, and MK fxcking Dons!
And if you don't, then can you explain to me WTF has happened?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:10 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:
jonnycooper wrote:I would argue that Lennon and BWFC had a considerably better squad than Birmingham,he let Kellett and Davies go and signed Madine and Dervite? Very astute!
GUILTY on signing Madine.
NOT GUILTY on signing Dervite. (although he does pick him to play from time to time).
On paper, letting Davies go and getting in a similar player with fewer injuries sounds great to me. Either way, I'm not sure that had a massive impact on anything.

Wasn't it letting Kellett go, signing 100 fullbacks, and not playing them!?

Didn't it start going really bad when that Nordic fellow left? Anything to do with anything?
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:31 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:Didn't it start going really bad when that Nordic fellow left? Anything to do with anything?
No, we'd won very few games in the six months before Mjallby left. It's not got any better, but we were hardly flying when he left.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:41 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Armchair Wanderer wrote:Didn't it start going really bad when that Nordic fellow left? Anything to do with anything?
No, we'd won very few games in the six months before Mjallby left. It's not got any better, but we were hardly flying when he left.
The problem is what Lennon has done with what he's got. Just simply not good enough. He had the core of a decent squad, pursued a scattergun approach to recruitment, and even after the shit signings had enough to be better off than where we are. Humble pie for me, he's fecking clueless.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:05 am

No need for humble pie LE! If 99% of BWFC supporters were honest,we thought Garty had played a blinder! And look at the shit we,re in,yet still no(Lennon out) thread!It hasn't worked because he isn't as good a Manager/coach as we all assumed he was! He had 4years or so with absolutely no opposition to his Scottish title wins,and most probably a lot of canny coaches around him! Has he now been found out? I really don't want to give an opinion because I want him to be a success here! But as the saying goes! You're only as good as your last job!