BW Supporters Trust

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Re: BW Supporters Trust

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:20 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Ha. So no election as only the 5 members of the steering group received nominations for the full board. So the steering group are now the full board. By default.

What a surprise...
I've not exactly been one to defend them, but it can't be their fault no one else has put themselves forward with someone else to second them. I used to be Chair of the Publishers Softball League in London and know from experience the difficulties of getting people to volunteer for the committee. Finding a replacement for me when I moved to Dubai was like looking for the Holy Grail. Folk like to have their say and piss and moan, but very few actually like to put their money where their mouth is.
When they established the steering group and asked for volunteers with the right skills to join I know of several well qualified people who emailed in their expression of interest only to receive no reply. I've heard similar on here and elsewhere.

Wouldn't surprise me if similarly nominations were 'lost in the post.'

It is a self interest group run by people who had no intention of ever opening it up or stepping out of the limelight they have created.
Given the election process was being overseen by the electoral whatever they are called I doubt it. Or are you saying the many other elections they oversee that are far more significant than the BWFCST are bent?

I'm sure if someone sent in a nomination that was binned then that person is going to make some noise about it. Presumably something important like that would be sent registered post so there would be proof. As ever, you've decided something is completely shit or the most amazing bestest thing in the world as there is nothing in between. Why didn't YOU do something? If you think it's shit then do something about it when you have an opportunity to do so. I've been unimpressed by the BWFCST so far and think they've gone about it in a poor way, but lets actually see what they do now that they aren't hanging back waiting for elections etc and can get on with it.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:29 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
When they established the steering group and asked for volunteers with the right skills to join I know of several well qualified people who emailed in their expression of interest only to receive no reply.
how many and who? (or is this like Leadsom's enormous teams?)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:12 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Ha. So no election as only the 5 members of the steering group received nominations for the full board. So the steering group are now the full board. By default.

What a surprise...
I've not exactly been one to defend them, but it can't be their fault no one else has put themselves forward with someone else to second them. I used to be Chair of the Publishers Softball League in London and know from experience the difficulties of getting people to volunteer for the committee. Finding a replacement for me when I moved to Dubai was like looking for the Holy Grail. Folk like to have their say and piss and moan, but very few actually like to put their money where their mouth is.
When they established the steering group and asked for volunteers with the right skills to join I know of several well qualified people who emailed in their expression of interest only to receive no reply. I've heard similar on here and elsewhere.

Wouldn't surprise me if similarly nominations were 'lost in the post.'

It is a self interest group run by people who had no intention of ever opening it up or stepping out of the limelight they have created.
Given the election process was being overseen by the electoral whatever they are called I doubt it. Or are you saying the many other elections they oversee that are far more significant than the BWFCST are bent?

I'm sure if someone sent in a nomination that was binned then that person is going to make some noise about it. Presumably something important like that would be sent registered post so there would be proof. As ever, you've decided something is completely shit or the most amazing bestest thing in the world as there is nothing in between. Why didn't YOU do something? If you think it's shit then do something about it when you have an opportunity to do so. I've been unimpressed by the BWFCST so far and think they've gone about it in a poor way, but lets actually see what they do now that they aren't hanging back waiting for elections etc and can get on with it.
I apologise as I'm about to go full Hoboh mode...but...

I was happy to give the ST a decent shake until they waded in with their "questions" during the end of the takeover process at a time when it was clearly very unhelpful and most definitely attention seeking.

Read the nomination statements. At least 2 of them state they want the ST to "own the club in some way". This is not a group set up to represent the fans, but a set of power hungry individuals who saw a chance to buy the club and run it with their little group. It is a political group of people who would rather see the club outside the league entirely than run in a way that isn't on their terms. They should have been working for representation on the club's board. But instead they started throwing their toys out the pram and saying they didn't want that when it becamse clear that KA/DH were buying the club and not them.

They are exactly what we didn't need, another group of self interested, self elected, chip on their shoulders people trying to capitalise and muscle in on the club's downturn.

That is my view and I've seen nothing recently to change that. We all have concerns about how the football club can sustain itself. A proper ST should have sorted a real route into the club to try and ensure their voice prevents future trouble. Rather than writing pithy open letters at unhelpful times and having an unelected board with ambitions of owning the club outright.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:26 am

Without doubt they have come out with some dickish things. I also think they forged ahead on some things without any sort of mandate. That said, I don't see why it is wrong for some people to ultimately want the club to be owned by the trust; given the state of the club it may well become a necessity in future. In your little Hoboh rant you've added up a few sums without necessarily having all the numbers to hand to do so. You might get 'lucky' and some if them may well turn out to add up right, but equally you might be adding 2 and 2 and getting 5.

As I've said on numerous occasions, I've lots of doubt and they haven't inspired me with much confidence. But, I'm going to draw my conclusions from fact rather than supposition and conspiracy theories. I'll draw my conclusions on what they do moving forward from now as they now have the trust fully set up to go.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:50 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Without doubt they have come out with some dickish things. I also think they forged ahead on some things without any sort of mandate. That said, I don't see why it is wrong for some people to ultimately want the club to be owned by the trust; given the state of the club it may well become a necessity in future. In your little Hoboh rant you've added up a few sums without necessarily having all the numbers to hand to do so. You might get 'lucky' and some if them may well turn out to add up right, but equally you might be adding 2 and 2 and getting 5.

As I've said on numerous occasions, I've lots of doubt and they haven't inspired me with much confidence. But, I'm going to draw my conclusions from fact rather than supposition and conspiracy theories. I'll draw my conclusions on what they do moving forward from now as they now have the trust fully set up to go.
I think the trust saying "look if it goes wrong we will work to have in place a plan to save the club in the short term via ownership" is fine. I think actively wanting the trust to run the club is very different. Does the supporters trust have the best interests of the club at heart OR do SOME of them secretly want KA/DH to fail so they can buy it themselves?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:13 am

throwawayboltonian wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Without doubt they have come out with some dickish things. I also think they forged ahead on some things without any sort of mandate. That said, I don't see why it is wrong for some people to ultimately want the club to be owned by the trust; given the state of the club it may well become a necessity in future. In your little Hoboh rant you've added up a few sums without necessarily having all the numbers to hand to do so. You might get 'lucky' and some if them may well turn out to add up right, but equally you might be adding 2 and 2 and getting 5.

I think the trust saying "look if it goes wrong we will work to have in place a plan to save the club in the short term via ownership" is fine. I think actively wanting the trust to run the club is very different. Does the supporters trust have the best interests of the club at heart OR do SOME of them secretly want KA/DH to fail so they can buy it themselves?
It's anecdotal but I know someone who did some work on their bid. There's definitely a few of the trust who fall into that category.

Re the election it's a good point that some of you have raised, being hard to find volunteers, but for a club like BWFC I find it very hard to believe that not a single person stepped forward. Hell if I lived in the area I'd likely have sent my CV in.
I can well believe nobody stepped forward at this stage. But many were ignored for the steering group and probably felt they couldn't be bothered trying to get involved with what was clearly an already established clique.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:23 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

What a surprise...
They received applications apparently, but the steering group didn't deem them to be acceptable. Not sure what their requirements were, but they basically binned applications and gave themselves the job
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:28 am

boltonboris wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

What a surprise...
They received applications apparently, but the steering group didn't deem them to be acceptable. Not sure what their requirements were, but they basically binned applications and gave themselves the job
I thought the independent electoral people were handling it to prevent that sort of thing? If applications were binned then we need to know more.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:34 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

What a surprise...
I thought the independent electoral people were handling it to prevent that sort of thing? If applications were binned then we need to know more.
I don;t mean physically binned like looking over your shoulder.

They've worded it as "only received 5 validated applications" - I've asked if any applications weren't validated, as I have seen people on twitter previously asking for details on where to send applications etc.

As usual, they don't respond to probing questions
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:52 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

What a surprise...
I don;t mean physically binned like looking over your shoulder.

They've worded it as "only received 5 validated applications" - I've asked if any applications weren't validated, as I have seen people on twitter previously asking for details on where to send applications etc.

As usual, they don't respond to probing questions
They're going to look silly when folk don't renew next year then.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:14 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:They're going to look silly when folk don't renew next year then.
Wouldn't surprise me tbh, I can see it happening unless things change (unlikely). Again it's anecdotal, but my friends who joined are pretty much unanimously having buyer's remorse for the reasons we've discussed - lack of democracy, clique mentality, unclear management and finances. As I said at the start it seems a lovely idea, but being driven by the wrong people for the wrong reasons.
I joined after nearly not, but decided to give them a year to prove themselves. Time will tell but they haven't covered themselves in glory so far.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:14 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:They're going to look silly when folk don't renew next year then.
They wont care. They'll be in the Bahamas by then!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:23 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
They wont care. They'll be in the Bahamas by then!
They wont be staying there for long at a tenner and a couple of thousand members!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:25 pm

A bunch of self-important know nowt w@nkers.

I'm sure I said something along those lines in their first showing.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:52 am

BWFC_Insane wrote: I apologise as I'm about to go full Hoboh mode...but...

I was happy to give the ST a decent shake until they waded in with their "questions" during the end of the takeover process at a time when it was clearly very unhelpful and most definitely attention seeking.

Read the nomination statements. At least 2 of them state they want the ST to "own the club in some way". This is not a group set up to represent the fans, but a set of power hungry individuals who saw a chance to buy the club and run it with their little group. It is a political group of people who would rather see the club outside the league entirely than run in a way that isn't on their terms. They should have been working for representation on the club's board. But instead they started throwing their toys out the pram and saying they didn't want that when it becamse clear that KA/DH were buying the club and not them.

They are exactly what we didn't need, another group of self interested, self elected, chip on their shoulders people trying to capitalise and muscle in on the club's downturn.

That is my view and I've seen nothing recently to change that. We all have concerns about how the football club can sustain itself. A proper ST should have sorted a real route into the club to try and ensure their voice prevents future trouble. Rather than writing pithy open letters at unhelpful times and having an unelected board with ambitions of owning the club outright.
Hoboh rant?

More like being savaged by a dead sheep mate :wink:

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:28 am

Latest bollocks from that utter bunch of irrelevant wankers the ST....the BWFC fans should get together & tell these tossers to get out of the club ASAP....Ken Anderson should continue to ignore them like most of the fans do, if they wanted answers why not just attend the Q & A with Ken

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/d816192b4 ... .10.16.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This ST is just a set of no nothing, irrelevant, joe 90 type anorak's, who are very bitter, have zero credibility with the rest of the BWFC fans and as usual are trying to do the their best to undermine the club, despite KA & DH doing as well as anyone could have expected.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:30 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:Latest bollocks from that utter bunch of irrelevant wankers the ST....the BWFC fans should get together & tell these tossers to get out of the club ASAP....Ken Anderson should continue to ignore them like most of the fans do, if they wanted answers why not just attend the Q & A with Ken

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/d816192b4 ... .10.16.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This ST is just a set of no nothing, irrelevant, joe 90 type anorak's, who are very bitter, have zero credibility with the rest of the BWFC fans and as usual are trying to do the their best to undermine the club, despite KA & DH doing as well as anyone could have expected.
Bunch of attention seeking tossers. Can't stand them.

Anderson has very publically addressed the accounts issue. And he is holding an open Q&A. ST clearly just annoyed he's not doing it through them.

I agree Ken has done a very good job so far, though I don't think Deano has had much if anything to do with it.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:45 pm

Whilst I agree to a certain extent I am looking forward to the accounts issue finally being resolved, hopefully soon!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:15 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Whilst I agree to a certain extent I am looking forward to the accounts issue finally being resolved, hopefully soon!
With you on this, Dibs. Despite the above two posts, we have less idea now, than 12 months ago, whether we have a pot to pi$$ in or not.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:46 am

Worthy4England wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:Whilst I agree to a certain extent I am looking forward to the accounts issue finally being resolved, hopefully soon!
With you on this, Dibs. Despite the above two posts, we have less idea now, than 12 months ago, whether we have a pot to pi$$ in or not.
I think it's safe to say we don't have a pot to piss in and are currently pissing in a pot belonging to someone else for a hefty fee.