DMB Match Thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:47 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Choices , choices, £28 for a ticket or £10 for four pints, 2 bags of Linekers finest and a wide screen TV...............................

four pints, two bags of crisps and change from a tenner to buy a wide-screen TV??? bloody norah!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:59 pm

thebish wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:Choices , choices, £28 for a ticket or £10 for four pints, 2 bags of Linekers finest and a wide screen TV...............................

four pints, two bags of crisps and change from a tenner to buy a wide-screen TV??? bloody norah!

He'll be stood outside Dixon's window.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:26 pm

Two bags of Linekar's finest may not mean crisps.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:29 pm

Probably not, but he said Lineker's.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:47 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Probably not, but he said Lineker's.
Are they to do with 'the boy Line Acre'?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Odelay
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Odelay » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:15 pm

Trying to buy a ticket, but the online ticket service is bloody down...

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:32 pm

Odelay wrote:Trying to buy a ticket, but the online ticket service is bloody down...
Call 08448 712932 Ticket Office

Odelay
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Odelay » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:18 pm

It's back up now! Got my ticket....Who's gonna be there? Anyone going to a pub in Bolton?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:14 pm

I'll be there, so we won't win. Nearly three years now. *sadface*
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:53 pm

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/bolton/We ... metime-920

A crisis of faith for thebish in this week's match preview.

jonnyblease
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by jonnyblease » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:01 pm

You couldn't have summed up my annoying optimism any better Bish. Nice article.

I'm already looking forward to it even though I know we won't get anything from this fixture,

this was reinforced yesterday by turning to my GF and making the comment "don' forget we are going to watch Bolton beat Man U on Sunday" she looked up from her book and replied with a sarcastic "mmmm Yes of course we are" and she doesn't even follow football, she just knows what I am like :mrgreen:

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:16 pm

I too suffer from the annual optimism of a home win. This year is no different - 3-2 whites, Elmo first goal and a late winner from CYL.

Off to the local turf accountants to put the mortgage on it though I suspect we will need some help from the Bish's boss.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:38 pm

We will feckin do em this year, the feckin DMB's

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:06 pm

jaffka wrote:We will feckin do em this year, the feckin DMB's
Keeping eleven on he pitch will be a help. Here, it isn't Riley is it? :|
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:31 pm

Really enjoyed the article, thebish, the way the dooooommm struggles against the desire...

But, just want to say, it's not THAT long since 24 November 2007 and Megson's greatest day... :D

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:45 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:really dont now if i can be arsed after tuesday night!? that game cut me deep.

whats the point? throw away the cups and strife for bottom half mediocrity. im bored of it & im falling out with Mr Liar Coyle fast.

obviously ill be there, sunday morning i might even be excited, sunday night all might be forgiven, but i doubt it.
Jeesus you sound like a Burnley fan.

Unless he said "I'll play my strongest team every game without fail" he's only done what you'd expect him to do.

Use his squad in the early CC rounds to make sure people get games, to use his whole squad and to try and protect key players from injuries.

We had a good go at winning the game. Just came up a bit short, its hardly a hanging offence.
But it would have been under you know who's management. :wink:

Now about that predicted very low crowd :oops: against our main local rivals, I see the excuses are already being made! :crazy: If we can't get a full house against United we will never ever fill the stadium again!
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:42 am

One more day.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:11 am

FaninOz wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:really dont now if i can be arsed after tuesday night!? that game cut me deep.

whats the point? throw away the cups and strife for bottom half mediocrity. im bored of it & im falling out with Mr Liar Coyle fast.

obviously ill be there, sunday morning i might even be excited, sunday night all might be forgiven, but i doubt it.
Jeesus you sound like a Burnley fan.

Unless he said "I'll play my strongest team every game without fail" he's only done what you'd expect him to do.

Use his squad in the early CC rounds to make sure people get games, to use his whole squad and to try and protect key players from injuries.

We had a good go at winning the game. Just came up a bit short, its hardly a hanging offence.
But it would have been under you know who's management. :wink:

Now about that predicted very low crowd :oops: against our main local rivals, I see the excuses are already being made! :crazy: If we can't get a full house against United we will never ever fill the stadium again!
Give you the first part. :D

As to the second bit - :zzz:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:18 am

FaninOz wrote: Now about that predicted very low crowd :oops: against our main local rivals, I see the excuses are already being made! :crazy: If we can't get a full house against United we will never ever fill the stadium again!

depends how you define "main local rivals" - I'm not so sure that every definition would yield ManU as our main local rivals...

I'd put Blackburn and Burnley above them in a local rivalship league...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:32 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
jaffka wrote:We will feckin do em this year, the feckin DMB's
Keeping eleven on he pitch will be a help. Here, it isn't Riley is it? :|

a very good point - has been a bit of a pisser this season so far..

it seems Clattenburg has been stood down and Foy takes his place (on a bike??)

THE Premier League have removed controversial ref Mark Clattenburg from tomorrow’s derby clash with Manchester United.

The Tyne and Wear whistle blower had been appointed on Monday to act as fourth official at the Reebok but was pulled at the last minute following his half-time confrontation with Owen Coyle during Tuesday night’s Carling Cup defeat at Burnley.

The Wanderers boss had complained that Clattenburg missed a handball by Chris Iwelumo in the build-up to the Clarets’ winning goal, an incident he later described as “something out of a volleyball game.”

He exchanged words with the official as the players left the field, and then again after the final whistle in the presence of the match assessor.

And it would appear that the row has prompted the Premier League to take action, bringing Chris Foy in as a late replacement.

Clattenburg was also at the centre of a Reebok flashpoint last season, when the Premier League handed skipper Kevin Davies a £7,500 suspended fine, and a suspended charge of improper conduct after he alleged the referee had “something personal” against him following his decision to disallow his late goal against Fulham.

Despite falling foul of Wanderers again on Tuesday, Coyle told The Bolton News earlier this week that he would not be lodging an official complaint to referee’s boss Keith Hackett.

News of the late change won’t worry Sir Alex Ferguson, either, who was memorably sent to the stands by Clattenburg as Wanderers ended a near 30-year wait for a home victory over United in 2007.