Wanderers V Wanderers

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:51 pm

Randy Watson wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:
P.O.S. wrote:
P.O.S. wrote:I got my ticket today, like the loser Im becoming Im going to it alone because everyone else has dropped out!

Im only on coach 2 as well which doesnt sound promising numbers-wise...
I went Southampton on me tod this season, very strange, felt weird. At least i didnt go on the coach tho, thats double weird! :wink:

Theres four of us going Wolves tho, we havent even thought about buying tickets yet, such is my absolute belief they'll be plenty left on the gate!
Hopefully todays result might bump the numbers up a touch?
I'll be handing out the Werthers and tutting at the younguns trying to sneak beer onto the coaches :wink: Nah, I dont drive so once mates pull out I have to resort to going on the loser cruiser with the fossils!

Never been to Wolves before, looking forward to it. Any away-friendly pubs down there near the ground or is it all badlands?!
absolutely not.

my mate got grief in one a few years back and he was just there with his missus, even she got some verbals too! it was her who had a wanderers coat on iirc, so these dicks kicked off with her husband!

Town centre is ok, as long as you're not in colours.
you have no mates ginger!
first of all, im not ginger. and 2nd, you can t be gingerist on here, everybody is ginger... err, except me.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:14 pm

Randy Watson wrote:
P.O.S. wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote: I went Southampton on me tod this season, very strange, felt weird. At least i didnt go on the coach tho, thats double weird! :wink:

Theres four of us going Wolves tho, we havent even thought about buying tickets yet, such is my absolute belief they'll be plenty left on the gate!
I'll be handing out the Werthers and tutting at the younguns trying to sneak beer onto the coaches :wink: Nah, I dont drive so once mates pull out I have to resort to going on the loser cruiser with the fossils!

Never been to Wolves before, looking forward to it. Any away-friendly pubs down there near the ground or is it all badlands?!
absolutely not.

my mate got grief in one a few years back and he was just there with his missus, even she got some verbals too! it was her who had a wanderers coat on iirc, so these dicks kicked off with her husband!

Town centre is ok, as long as you're not in colours.
you have no mates ginger!
first of all, im not ginger. and 2nd, you can t be gingerist on here, everybody is ginger... err, except me.

Nor me. But I am Grey so no greyist jokes

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:29 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
A grey-haired man calls his girlfriend and says, "Please come over here and help me. I have a killer jigsaw puzzle, and I can't figure out how to get it started."

She asks, "What is it supposed to be when it's finished?"

The grey-haired man says, "According to the picture on the box, it's a tiger."

His girlfriend decides to go over and help with the puzzle. He lets her in and shows her where he has the puzzle spread all over the table.

She studies the pieces for a moment, then looks at the box, then turns to him and says, "First of all, no matter what we do, we're not going to be able to assemble these pieces into anything resembling a tiger."

She takes his hand and says, "Second, I want you to relax. Let's have a nice cup of tea, and then....." she sighed, "we'll put all these Frosted Flakes back in the box."

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:15 pm

thebish wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
A grey-haired man calls his girlfriend and says, "Please come over here and help me. I have a killer jigsaw puzzle, and I can't figure out how to get it started."

His girlfriend decides to go over and help with the puzzle. He lets her in and shows her where he has the puzzle spread all over the table.

She studies the pieces for a moment, then looks at the box, then turns to him and says, "First of all, no matter what we do, we're not going to be able to assemble these pieces into anything resembling a tiger."

She takes his hand and says, "Second, I want you to relax. Let's have a nice cup of tea, and then....." she sighed, "we'll put all these Frosted Flakes back in the box."
Greyest. 8)

Eire_Trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eire_Trotter » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:56 pm

marshall_42 wrote:
Eire_Trotter wrote:We should win this although I wonder how our defence will react to Kev Doyle playing the SKD role for the opposition.

Something to think about: If Elmo goes I would love Kevin Doyle at the reebok :D.
Doyle is unfortunately (on current form) Irelands best stricker. Keano has probably had it, although it's hard to say without him playing regular first-team football.
True but Keano will score goals anywhere he goes, from Crumlin United to Spurs he always scores goals. I wouldn't mind him at the Reebok either if our game changed to suit him which I think it is doing. Unfortunately his price tag and wages would probly be unrealistic for us.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:31 am

Eire_Trotter wrote:
marshall_42 wrote:
Eire_Trotter wrote:We should win this although I wonder how our defence will react to Kev Doyle playing the SKD role for the opposition.

Something to think about: If Elmo goes I would love Kevin Doyle at the reebok :D.
Doyle is unfortunately (on current form) Irelands best stricker. Keano has probably had it, although it's hard to say without him playing regular first-team football.
True but Keano will score goals anywhere he goes, from Crumlin United to Spurs he always scores goals. I wouldn't mind him at the Reebok either if our game changed to suit him which I think it is doing. Unfortunately his price tag and wages would probly be unrealistic for us.
Just not over the last couple of years eh

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:46 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
thebish wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

Greyest. 8)
I think you're the greyest!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:27 pm

BWFC website wrote:Tickets for the Barclays Premier League fixture at Molineux versus Wolverhampton Wanderers WILL NOT be available to Bolton Wanderers supporters on the day of the game.

Just a heads up, order yo' tickets :)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:42 am

One problem with this thread.

Nothing personal General, but it's the title.

May I remind us all that .... WE are the one & ONLY Wanderers !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:47 am

It's the sort of game that sees us being patronised as blood and thunder again, or being accused of having a soft underbelly before the match. This is because Wolves are being treated as badly and unfairly as Stoke, and as we were when Wolves and Stoke weren't in this league.

We'll be alright. If we perform as well as the last two matches - even anywhere in between the quality attacking performance on Saturday and the very organised performance of tonight, we'll shit 'em.

Said it now - we're doooooooooooooooooooooomed!
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:28 am

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:It's the sort of game that sees us being patronised as blood and thunder again, or being accused of having a soft underbelly before the match. This is because Wolves are being treated as badly and unfairly as Stoke, and as we were when Wolves and Stoke weren't in this league.

We'll be alright. If we perform as well as the last two matches - even anywhere in between the quality attacking performance on Saturday and the very organised performance of tonight, we'll shit 'em.

Said it now - we're doooooooooooooooooooooomed!
I'm still going for a draw, as they are not a bad team at home. So only a little bit dooomed not fully dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed!
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:00 am

I think we will sneak out a win in this game.

ebby
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ebby » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:57 am

another point will be a good result, a win superb

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:05 am

From the Supa John column
IF I was given the choice of any Bolton game to come back home for this season it would be Saturday’s trip to Molineux – just to wind up the Wolves fans again.

Old habits might die hard, but old rivalries stay with you forever and I’m sure I don’t need to remind anyone who was around in the Nineties that I have a bit of “history” with Wolves. In fact the memories of those famous duels – notably the epic play-off semi-final of 1995 and what became known as the Battle of Burnden in 1997 – will stay with me forever.

Games against Wolves always seemed to be fiery affairs with fantastic atmospheres – and I just loved them. Of course the Wolves fans hated me and didn’t they let me know it. They used to slaughter me from the first whistle to last, but I didn’t mind because if they were having a go at me they were leaving everybody else alone.

I loved getting into mischief and used to do all I could to get the Wolves fans going because it created an atmosphere and got our fans right behind us. We even got Lofty the Lion involved. In fact I’ve got this plan to borrow Lofty’s suit one day and go over and dance about in front of the Wolves supporters – then take the head off and let them see it’s me. Imagine their reaction!
:pray:

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:58 am

East Lower wrote:From the Supa John column
IF I was given the choice of any Bolton game to come back home for this season it would be Saturday’s trip to Molineux – just to wind up the Wolves fans again.

Old habits might die hard, but old rivalries stay with you forever and I’m sure I don’t need to remind anyone who was around in the Nineties that I have a bit of “history” with Wolves. In fact the memories of those famous duels – notably the epic play-off semi-final of 1995 and what became known as the Battle of Burnden in 1997 – will stay with me forever.

Games against Wolves always seemed to be fiery affairs with fantastic atmospheres – and I just loved them. Of course the Wolves fans hated me and didn’t they let me know it. They used to slaughter me from the first whistle to last, but I didn’t mind because if they were having a go at me they were leaving everybody else alone.

I loved getting into mischief and used to do all I could to get the Wolves fans going because it created an atmosphere and got our fans right behind us. We even got Lofty the Lion involved. In fact I’ve got this plan to borrow Lofty’s suit one day and go over and dance about in front of the Wolves supporters – then take the head off and let them see it’s me. Imagine their reaction!
:pray:
That is classic.

ebby
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ebby » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:30 am

haha what a legend

Eire_Trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eire_Trotter » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:50 am

East Lower wrote:
Eire_Trotter wrote:
marshall_42 wrote:

Just not over the last couple of years eh[/quote

When he plays he scores, simple as that. Don't think he's been given a consistent run of games lately to get his form up. Last time that happened was 3 yrs ago when him and berbatov were up front for spurs and we all know how well he did then.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:24 am

Odelay wrote:
P.O.S. wrote:I got my ticket today, like the loser Im becoming Im going to it alone because everyone else has dropped out!

Im only on coach 2 as well which doesnt sound promising numbers-wise...
I went Southampton on me tod this season, very strange, felt weird. At least i didnt go on the coach tho, thats double weird! :wink:

I'm an Australian living in Manchester so I don't really know any wanderers fans. So I've gone to every home game this season and even Wigan away on my own. You get used to it and it doesn't stop you from getting stuck in.
Are you going to the Toon game next week then Odelay? I travel from Manc to the games

Tough game this weekend, I hate Wolves, I hate Steve Bull and I hate Molineaux
Pfffft.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:26 am

what a shitache. suppose i can have a drive up to the bok tomorrow sometime to pick em up.

big fans of paying on the gate though, i like the spontaneity.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:31 am

bobo the clown wrote:One problem with this thread.

Nothing personal General, but it's the title.

May I remind us all that .... WE are the one & ONLY Wanderers !!
well i thought about it, but i fookin hate that shit mundane chant, so i swerved it.