Relegation

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Relegation

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:49 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Davies M?
meh
which do you like least that or Mavies and we'll all use it

Passionate
Passionate

Re: Davies M or Mavies

Post by 2399 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:47 am

Mark D

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:21 am

I approve of all versions, I was just questioning his place

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:17 pm

whats a matter with you lot where top of the league :D
Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (36.43 KiB) Viewed 1837 times
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:27 am

Relegation?? Bring it on for me. I far prefer Championship football and playing week in week out in a league where we actually have a chance of winning each week, floats my boat. Frankly, I'm bored silly of our 2 team league, its no better than the SPL or Spanish league.

OK, we may have a small financial meltdown and lose a player or two, but personally I can live with that.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:59 am

Bijou Bob wrote:Relegation?? Bring it on for me. I far prefer Championship football and playing week in week out in a league where we actually have a chance of winning each week, floats my boat. Frankly, I'm bored silly of our 2 team league, its no better than the SPL or Spanish league.

OK, we may have a small financial meltdown and lose a player or two, but personally I can live with that.
I felt the same way a couple of years ago, now it would be disappointing though.

Having said that, going to watch League 1 today!
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:45 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:Relegation?? Bring it on for me. I far prefer Championship football and playing week in week out in a league where we actually have a chance of winning each week, floats my boat. Frankly, I'm bored silly of our 2 team league, its no better than the SPL or Spanish league.

I felt the same way a couple of years ago, now it would be disappointing though.

Having said that, going to watch League 1 today!
I don't think I'd mind it particularly, but I'd be gutted to see some of the players we have now sold off. Much prefer to stay up for now.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:53 pm

Lose a player or two? Understatement of the year. Watching the likes of Eaves, Connolly and Obadeyi get beat every week in the championship doesn't float my boat, shouldn't appeal to anyone else either. Once we go down, we could sink very quickly and likely never return.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:57 pm

Never even concidered it under the Holden news. Now we shall see what Coyle is really made of. Will be interesting so see what happens over the next month.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:07 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Lose a player or two? Understatement of the year. Watching the likes of Eaves, Connolly and Obadeyi get beat every week in the championship doesn't float my boat, shouldn't appeal to anyone else either.

are you suggesting you'd stop being a supporter if we were a crap side in the championship? If so - you are a Gooner and I claim my £5!

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:14 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Lose a player or two? Understatement of the year. Watching the likes of Eaves, Connolly and Obadeyi get beat every week in the championship doesn't float my boat, shouldn't appeal to anyone else either.

are you suggesting you'd stop being a supporter if we were a crap side in the championship? If so - you are a Gooner and I claim my £5!
A Gooner? That's a bit harsh.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:17 pm

seanworth wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

sometimes people need to be told!! :wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:10 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Where did I say that? Id be questioning someone's support more if they state they'd prefer us to fail and get relegated if I were you!

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:10 pm

Behave!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:13 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: Where did I say that? Id be questioning someone's support more if they state they'd prefer us to fail and get relegated if I were you!

not really sure what you ARE saying then - unless watching Robbo, KD and Knight getting beaten every week in the Premiership somehow "floats your boat" more??

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:15 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: Where did I say that? Id be questioning someone's support more if they state they'd prefer us to fail and get relegated if I were you!

not really sure what you ARE saying then - unless watching Robbo, KD and Knight getting beaten every week in the Premiership somehow "floats your boat" more??
That may be shit, but still far prefarable to the alternative!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:18 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:

not really sure how - unless it's because you like to see Gerrard and Lampard grace our turf with their hallowed presence?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:20 pm

thebish wrote:
seanworth wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

sometimes people need to be told!! :wink:
HeHem! I AM here you know, Bishy! Cheeky so and so...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:27 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:

not really sure how - unless it's because you like to see Gerrard and Lampard grace our turf with their hallowed presence?
I agree relegation and failure and administration, lower and lower crowds, losing players, and obscurity is far better than success and staying in the premiership.

Christ I've been getting this football thing wrong all the time, we are actually winning the league currently. If we only lose tomorrow it will be our best run for years.
:roll:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:35 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: Christ I've been getting this football thing wrong all the time, we are actually winning the league currently. If we only lose tomorrow it will be our best run for years.
:roll:
:conf: