Away at Mick McCarthy's Super Ipswich Town

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Away at Mick McCarthy's Super Ipswich Town

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:47 pm

Parr93 wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Parr93 wrote:Thanks for the replies, I get told I only look about 12 anyway so I should be fine, hope we can get another important win! COYWM!
Theiving student.

Get a wash.
I assure you I do not need to 'Get a wash' nor am I a thief, our club needs all the support it can get, and if that means not conforming to extortionate prices that clubs charge nowadays then so be it.

I wasn't rude to you, so please don't be rude to me.
"Get a wash" is a standing joke on here ... you're new, so it's understandable you don't realise that. No harm intended.

Paying children's price, when you aren't a child is thieving. Whether that bothers you, or you see it as "fair game" is your call, but it is still one form or another depiving the supplier of a service of the appropriate price. If you went into Next & saw a shirt for £30 and felt that was a bit steep, so took it & just left £12 by the till that'd be thieving (or fraud) in my book.

I fail to see why being a student justifies that.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:48 pm

Parr93 wrote:
Prufrock wrote:He's right, he's not a thief. Just a fraudster! (Teeeeeeechnically). :D.
Thanks for clearing that up :roll:
Keep your wig on! I'm not having a go, and Bobo can't resist student baiting.

I quite often buy a U21 ticket if they are available (I'm 24), but let's not pretend this is some big protest against extortionate ticket prices (it would be a shitty effort at one, given you have in fact bought a ticket, and so they reckon it's fine); rather, it's just paying a bit less for something because you reckon you can get away with it.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Parr93
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Parr93 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:54 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Parr93 wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Parr93 wrote:Thanks for the replies, I get told I only look about 12 anyway so I should be fine, hope we can get another important win! COYWM!
Theiving student.

Get a wash.
I assure you I do not need to 'Get a wash' nor am I a thief, our club needs all the support it can get, and if that means not conforming to extortionate prices that clubs charge nowadays then so be it.

"Get a wash" is a standing joke on here ... you're new, so it's understandable you don't realise that. No harm intended.

Paying children's price, when you aren't a child is thieving. Whether that bothers you, or you see it as "fair game" is your call, but it is still one form or another depiving the supplier of a service of the appropriate price. If you went into Next & saw a shirt for £30 and felt that was a bit steep, so took it & just left £12 by the till that'd be thieving (or fraud) in my book.

Fair enough, sorry for taking offence.

I see your point, and you're right I do see it as fair game, I've never broken the law in any other manner and never would, i just feel ticket prices are extremely extortionate and after paying £25 for travel, around £10 for food, drink and reading material for the journey, a further £31 would take an away day total to £66, and in my book £66 for a championship game is a joke.

Being a student in no way justifies it, and it's no excuse, i'm simply pointing out if i was in a full-time job and not living off a student loan, i'd have no qualms paying full price, which I do for my Reebok Season Ticket.

Parr93
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Parr93 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:55 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Parr93 wrote:
Prufrock wrote:He's right, he's not a thief. Just a fraudster! (Teeeeeeechnically). :D.
Thanks for clearing that up :roll:
Keep your wig on! I'm not having a go, and Bobo can't resist student baiting.

I quite often buy a U21 ticket if they are available (I'm 24), but let's not pretend this is some big protest against extortionate ticket prices (it would be a shitty effort at one, given you have in fact bought a ticket, and so they reckon it's fine); rather, it's just paying a bit less for something because you reckon you can get away with it.
I was joking by the way, not trying to offend.

Sorry if it seemed the other way.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:22 pm

Parr93 wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Parr93 wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Theiving student.

Get a wash.

Fair enough, sorry for taking offence.

I see your point, and you're right I do see it as fair game, I've never broken the law in any other manner and never would, i just feel ticket prices are extremely extortionate and after paying £25 for travel, around £10 for food, drink and reading material for the journey, a further £31 would take an away day total to £66, and in my book £66 for a championship game is a joke.

Being a student in no way justifies it, and it's no excuse, i'm simply pointing out if i was in a full-time job and not living off a student loan, i'd have no qualms paying full price, which I do for my Reebok Season Ticket.
But there is always the option, if it's too expensive, of not going.

Until we have a society where prices are treated like an honesty-bar and your invited to pay what you believe the value is to you I guess we'll never agree.

I hope it's not Economics you're studying.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Parr93
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Parr93 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:29 pm

bobo the clown wrote:But there is always the option, if it's too expensive, of not going.

Until we have a society where prices are treated like an honesty-bar and your invited to pay what you believe the value is to you I guess we'll never agree.

I hope it's not Economics you're studying.
It's not. Don't worry.

For this game I wanted for us to pay full price but my friend had already bought the tickets considering it's so far to travel, I don't necessarily disagree with you, I know it's wrong.

But it's worth it.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:31 pm

Back on topic 8)

Forest have a difficult away game at Hull and Brighton play Palace. If results go in our favour and we beat Ipswich then would could be in the top 6 come 5pm on Saturday.

We won't be though because we are totally and utterly domeeeeeed!

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:34 pm

Personally, I dont think its right to pay a kids price as an adult and sneak in

but its a bit of a hypocritical thing for me to say considering I'm always hoping theres a stream.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:46 pm

Wow student loans must be pretty damn good in the U.K. I certainly don't recall being able to afford that during my University days. Mind you I would eat as cheap as possible during the week just to be able to afford some booze on the weekend, and yes I had a blast so not complaining.

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:46 pm

ChrisC wrote:Back on topic 8)

Forest have a difficult away game at Hull and Brighton play Palace. If results go in our favour and we beat Ipswich then would could be in the top 6 come 5pm on Saturday.

Before we think about those games though it's worth noting that Brighton, Leicester and Leeds all play their games in hand tomorrow.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:59 pm

One fan on an Ipswich forum was bemoaning the fact they have to play us when we're on a roll. Another says they'll bring us crashing down to earth. I think they're domed. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:09 am

mrkint wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Back on topic 8)

Before we think about those games though it's worth noting that Brighton, Leicester and Leeds all play their games in hand tomorrow.
Correct.

Leeds can only equal our points tally and are 9 goals behind.

Leicester play Cardiff which won't be easy.

Brighton play Barnsley who are fighting hard so could go either way.

My eyes will be glued to Sky Sports tomorrow night :)

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:24 am

Parr93 wrote:I see your point, and you're right I do see it as fair game, I've never broken the law in any other manner and never would, i just feel ticket prices are extremely extortionate and after paying £25 for travel, around £10 for food, drink and reading material for the journey, a further £31 would take an away day total to £66, and in my book £66 for a championship game is a joke.

Oh poor you. You dont have to be in full time work to able to afford things at Uni. When I was there, I had 2 jobs on top of all that work and still managed to fund myself without conning the club I support.

And, the decision to spend £10 on food drink and reading material is proof that you clearly cant prioritise your money. Take a packed lunch, dont drink beer and read things via your phone.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:19 am

As someone that posts on here regularly may have once said, let he who is without................

..... or somesuch!

:)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:27 am

Enoch wrote:As someone that posts on here regularly may have once said, let he who is without................

..... or somesuch!

What? Jesus posts on here regularly!?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:30 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Enoch wrote:As someone that posts on here regularly may have once said, let he who is without................

..... or somesuch!

What? Jesus posts on here regularly!?

indeed! I believe he goes under the pseudonym "William the White" :wink:

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:27 am

Come on guys, hardly crime of the century is it - paying a sneaky cheaper entrance is just the same as climbing over a turnstyle or a wall or whatever such things people used to do to sneak in.
When you're below 18 you con folk into selling you booze and above it con yourself the odd discount so you can afford a few more things with your limited cash...
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:43 am

Athers wrote:Come on guys, hardly crime of the century is it - paying a sneaky cheaper entrance is just the same as climbing over a turnstyle or a wall or whatever such things people used to do to sneak in.
When you're below 18 you con folk into selling you booze and above it con yourself the odd discount so you can afford a few more things with your limited cash...
I could have done with you on the jury that time I got caught in the tsb's bank vault...

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:54 am

Eh!

Jesus said 'Let he who is without ticket chance his arm.'?

Parr93
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Parr93 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:13 am

NiceHotCuppaTea wrote:
Parr93 wrote:I see your point, and you're right I do see it as fair game, I've never broken the law in any other manner and never would, i just feel ticket prices are extremely extortionate and after paying £25 for travel, around £10 for food, drink and reading material for the journey, a further £31 would take an away day total to £66, and in my book £66 for a championship game is a joke.

Oh poor you. You dont have to be in full time work to able to afford things at Uni. When I was there, I had 2 jobs on top of all that work and still managed to fund myself without conning the club I support.

And, the decision to spend £10 on food drink and reading material is proof that you clearly
cant prioritise your money. Take a packed lunch, dont drink beer and read things via your
phone.
I don't drink Alcohol, point taken about the packed lunch, and I'm sure you're Mr. Perfect and have never done anything wrong in your life.

I can't read things off my phone as I don't have mobile Internet on my phone. I wasn't looking for sympathy in the first place, so don't try and patronise me.