Don't Terrier self up about it - Huddersfield Thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Don't Terrier self up about it - Huddersfield Thread

Post by Prufrock » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:59 pm

I don't care as long as it goes in - which it isn't likely to do unless it's hit with power and/or accuracy. Hitting it with power, or aiming for the edge of the goal makes you much more likely to miss. So, again, it's more complicated than 'professional footballer can't even hit the target'.

You'll note I've not said it was a good penalty. It was shit.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:00 am

Prufrock wrote:
Enoch wrote:Or in the case of Given, the not quite so big fella with gloves.

:oops:
He's bigger than you :fingers:
Folk generally are, present company and all that.

:wink:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:03 am

Prufrock wrote:I don't care as long as it goes in - which it isn't likely to do unless it's hit with power and/or accuracy. Hitting it with power, or aiming for the edge of the goal makes you much more likely to miss. So, again, it's more complicated than 'professional footballer can't even hit the target'.

You'll note I've not said it was a good penalty. It was shit.
It was a shit penalty, totally shit in fact. Better to leave it there rather than offer some bullshit :wink:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:06 am

That's precisely what I've been saying.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:33 am

Missed the last two at the 'bok for unavoidable reasons so looking forwards to this. I'd love to see us stuff them and get back on track but I'm getting....... 1-1

Wrighty92
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Wrighty92 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:24 am

Huddersfield have been in surprisingly good form and won't be easy to beat. If we keep James Vaughan under control we'll win though

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:36 pm

s'fortrees Reebok innit?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:34 pm

We're playing better football and had a hiccup. Happens, especially where penalties are involved. Move on as we were.
I'm fully expecting a good win tonight with Joe Mason making his home debut with a bang. If we keep the ball in midfield and down their end we won't need to worry about the James Vaughans. Onward and upward. COME ON YOU WHITES :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:16 pm

I'd rather see Moritz start than Mason TD. Although seeing Mason as well would be a bonus. We can't keep playing 5 solid midfielders with no attacking flair, not when we're at home.
The stat I quoted on the Beckford thread says a lot about our attacking intent 2nd half.

•71% (12 of 17) of Bolton's goals this term have arrived in the first half, a league-high proportion.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:40 pm

LeverEnd wrote:I'd rather see Moritz start than Mason TD. Although seeing Mason as well would be a bonus. We can't keep playing 5 solid midfielders with no attacking flair, not when we're at home.
The stat I quoted on the Beckford thread says a lot about our attacking intent 2nd half.

•71% (12 of 17) of Bolton's goals this term have arrived in the first half, a league-high proportion.

which - funnily enough - is usually when we have the 5 solid midfielders on!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:48 pm

thebish wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:I'd rather see Moritz start than Mason TD. Although seeing Mason as well would be a bonus. We can't keep playing 5 solid midfielders with no attacking flair, not when we're at home.

... & before, having gone into the lead, we drop back and try to hold onto what we have. At least that is, at the moment, occasionally successful.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:48 pm

Quite so L.E. as long as somebody gets the ball in the net I don't really care who or in what way. Moritz may be creative, but we are actually getting the ball into danger areas, just not into the net. If Moritz is the man to do it, fine. I'm a bit concerned about Eagles right now. Hall is useful and getting some sub time, Eagles isn't even getting on the field at all.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:58 pm

thebish wrote:

And also why we have a lot more draws than wins.
Although results are important I don't want to sit and watch safety first shite all season. I haven't enjoyed any of the games I've been to this season, even the Millwall victory. We aren't going to be brilliant every game, and I've no problem with grinding out some ugly results to get back on track. Now we have a decent run of results behind us we should be having a go. Although we rode our luck during last season's run, we also played some good stuff at times.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:25 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
thebish wrote:

And also why we have a lot more draws than wins.
Although results are important I don't want to sit and watch safety first shite all season. I haven't enjoyed any of the games I've been to this season, even the Millwall victory. We aren't going to be brilliant every game, and I've no problem with grinding out some ugly results to get back on track. Now we have a decent run of results behind us we should be having a go. Although we rode our luck during last season's run, we also played some good stuff at times.
thing is though - we don't actually score that many goals when he switches to a more attacking formation later in the game... maybe this is because we have already slipped into the defensive mindset - which is harder to overturn than simply slinging on a couple of attackers... hmmmmm.....

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:35 pm

Can't go tonight. :(

Previous engagement...

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:04 pm

Hoping for plenty to cheer about to keep warm. Rather chilly tonight. Off to the game. COYWM!!!!

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:11 pm

“@OfficialBWFC: #BWFC team to face Huddersfield: Lonergan, McNaughton, Knight, Mills, Ream, Medo, Spearing, Danns, Hall, Moritz, Beckford”

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:11 pm

Can't make it tonight, so no doubt we'll win....

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:13 pm

Knight's back then...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:20 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:“@OfficialBWFC: #BWFC team to face Huddersfield: Lonergan, McNaughton, Knight, Mills, Ream, Medo, Spearing, Danns, Hall, Moritz, Beckford”
Hall & Moritz ? Attacking then.

I thought CYL had "turned a corner" recently though ?

Anyway .... Coooooome Ooooon Yooooou Whi-tes
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".