Danns

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Danns

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:25 pm

thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:Is Vela available? I thought he was still injured? And if he isn't, why don't we just play him?
Was on the bench this week. From what the current manager said a couple of months ago he needs special individual coaching, to learn to run differently (yep, he really did say that, his great medical team worked out that he ran wrongly and so exposed himself to injury) and maybe go out on loan (where, doubtless, he won't get that individual coaching).
he has got quite an injury record, hasn't he, vela? maybe there's summat in it... runners do (I'm told) work on their gait to avoid injury...
Yes, he has, but due to acute injury (ie. a break v Crawley in't league cup).

It's true that some people can have poor running style etc., etc., so I don't dismiss it entirely, but to have got to this stage he must have developed a natural style. Not sure he could simply adopt a new one.

Anyway, it suits me to demonise Dougie right now. So you lot being reasonable can just fck right off. :spank:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:26 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Surely if he's on the bench, he's considered fit to play though?
Yes he is, as I understand he's been through that process and the next step is getting him playing regularly on loan.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:34 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:Surely if he's on the bench, he's considered fit to play though?
Yes he is, as I understand he's been through that process and the next step is getting him playing regularly on loan.
why on loan - is he not good enough for us at our new reality level ? can our training not get people match sharp ? or do we need to save the wages ?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:38 pm

No, we sign thritysomethings on loan. Which is progress and a new dawn. Or something.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:40 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
why on loan - is he not good enough for us at our new reality level ? can our training not get people match sharp ? or do we need to save the wages ?

is it because he hasn't played much that you desperately want vela to play but are disappointed in Danns? not sure what vela has ever really done to warrant the confidence! he's only ever played 7 games for us!! and (surely) he's only about 8yrs
old...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:49 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
No idea , you'll have to ask Dougie. JUst quoting what he said.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:52 pm

thebish wrote:
StaffsTrotter wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:

is it because he hasn't played much that you desperately want vela to play but are disappointed in Danns? not sure what vela has ever really done to warrant the confidence! he's only ever played 7 games for us!! and (surely) he's only about 8yrs
old...

it was a genuine question as to why the next step is sending him on loan - unless that is now an unwritten rule for returning injured players.

he's either good enough or not. I saw him in a few of those 1st team appearances and thought he looked OK in pretty much the kind of role spearing/ medo now fulfill. but that seems ages ago and he must be 8.5 years old now

if I was in his shoes I wouldn't see much chance of breaking through into the 1st team soon - and yes now you mention it getting Danns in would seem to push him further down the pecking order

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:56 pm

Vela looked a decent (that word again) prospect, albeit a red-card waiting to happen as he darted about and tended to jump in. The injury was unfortunate but it sounded like DF doesn't rate him too highly.

Certainly no way he'd get in ahead of Spearing or Medo. Danns & Pratley also restrict his opportunities.

So a loan is likely ... & maybe beneficial, but sooner or later we have to see our youths come through.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:09 pm

The machinations of Douglas' brain are beyond the comprehension of we mere mortals. We can only admire his genius from afar.

But yeah, what Bobo said.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:14 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
You missed out that according to that he can play in the play-offs....

:wink:
Yeah, so can I. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:16 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote: it was a genuine question as to why the next step is sending him on loan - unless that is now an unwritten rule for returning injured players.

he's either good enough or not. I saw him in a few of those 1st team appearances and thought he looked OK in pretty much the kind of role spearing/ medo now fulfill. but that seems ages ago and he must be 8.5 years old now

if I was in his shoes I wouldn't see much chance of breaking through into the 1st team soon - and yes now you mention it getting Danns in would seem to push him further down the pecking order
in his case he's not just a returning injured player - as in - has been out for a couple of weeks with a calf strain - he hasn't kicked a ball in proper competitive football for a long time...

he had three months out at the end of 2011 with a knacked foot
he first played for the 1st team march 2012 - as a sub - then his first start in august - but he only lasted a few minutes before getting injured and being out for 4 months
he played a bit in jan/feb of lasrt season - but that's about it.

presumably he needs to get match fit/match sharp - I think that's probably different to training-fit...

so - i guess - it's a gentle reintroduction if it's going well from the subs bench - or a loan period...

i don't think we're short of capable midfielders...

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:17 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:No, we sign thritysomethings on loan. Which is progress and a new dawn danns. Or something.
:D

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:22 pm

Vela droll. I have a Feeney this could get out of hand.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:26 pm

Medo think you be right.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:33 pm

thebish wrote:
StaffsTrotter wrote: it was a genuine question as to why the next step is sending him on loan - unless that is now an unwritten rule for returning injured players.

in his case he's not just a returning injured player - as in - has been out for a couple of weeks with a calf strain - he hasn't kicked a ball in proper competitive football for a long time...

he had three months out at the end of 2011 with a knacked foot
he first played for the 1st team march 2012 - as a sub - then his first start in august - but he only lasted a few minutes before getting injured and being out for 4 months
he played a bit in jan/feb of lasrt season - but that's about it.

presumably he needs to get match fit/match sharp - I think that's probably different to training-fit...

so - i guess - it's a gentle reintroduction if it's going well from the subs bench - or a loan period...

i don't think we're short of capable midfielders...
still don't get the idea of going on loan to get match fit - we didn't do it with other long term absentees e.g. ricky g, stuart holden. mark d, wheater. Not sure playing in league 1 or 2 is a gentle introduction either ... unless you mean to ufc

To me in the vast majority of cases, if you are sent on loan, its pretty clear you aren't in the managers plans
the bottom line is that the lad is looking at the exit door

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:45 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote: still don't get the idea of going on loan to get match fit - we didn't do it with other long term absentees e.g. ricky g, stuart holden. mark d, wheater. Not sure playing in league 1 or 2 is a gentle introduction either ... unless you mean to ufc

To me in the vast majority of cases, if you are sent on loan, its pretty clear you aren't in the managers plans
we did (effectively) with holden - we allowed him to go off and play that tournament in america - during which he was injured...

i think in Vela's case - he is still young and hasn't got MD's or DW's track record of games... i don't think it's a "for sure" that we;ll send him out on loan - I said it's eitgher out on loan - or gentle intro from the bench (like we did with MD)...

Vela has only ever played 7 games for us - not all of them in the league...

sending players out on loan to other clubs for a bit of experience can work... errrrr... Jack Wilshere... Daniel Sturridge... it was far from clear that they were not in their managers' plans....

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:00 pm

thebish wrote:
StaffsTrotter wrote: still don't get the idea of going on loan to get match fit - we didn't do it with other long term absentees e.g. ricky g, stuart holden. mark d, wheater. Not sure playing in league 1 or 2 is a gentle introduction either ... unless you mean to ufc

we did (effectively) with holden - we allowed him to go off and play that tournament in america - during which he was injured... playing in the americas equivalent of the euros still doesn't seem an easy return from long term serious injury
i think in Vela's case - he is still young and hasn't got MD's or DW's track record of games... i don't think it's a "for sure" that we;ll send him out on loan - I said it's eitgher out on loan - or gentle intro from the bench (like we did with MD)...

Vela has only ever played 7 games for us - not all of them in the league...

sending players out on loan to other clubs for a bit of experience can work... errrrr... Jack Wilshere... Daniel Sturridge... it was far from clear that they were not in their managers' plans....

I did say in the majority and again comparing us with the likes of chelsea & arsenal with the squads they have is a bit of a stretch. How old was wilshere. Even with sturridge his spell with us persuaded them to have another look at him, but he didn't last too long there, before he was sold.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:01 pm

thebish wrote:
StaffsTrotter wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:

old...

And he's a Manc!
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:05 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote: I did say in the majority and again comparing us with the likes of chelsea & arsenal with the squads they have is a bit of a stretch. How old was wilshere. Even with sturridge his spell with us persuaded them to have another look at him, but he didn't last too long there, before he was sold.

i think vela is young enough and we have seen virtually nothing of him (7 games!!) to judge that easily what his future is. if he went out on loan, I'd not be writing his chances of a future with Bolton off just yet...

i suspect - with the sheer number of midfielders we have - he'd be more likely to get some match-fitness by going out on a well-chosen loan than he would waiting for the odd 5mins off the bench...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:35 pm

Holden went on loan to Sheff Weds back end of last year too. Navies needs games, but he's good enough that he'll get them with us. A fully fit Vela couldn't nail down a 1st team place so a half fit one isn't. I like him, he's the best of the young uns I've seen since Danny Ward.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.