Toothless. Burnley at Home.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Toothless. Burnley at Home.

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:25 pm

boltonboris wrote:General consensus around me was that we needed to win the Bournemouth game, because Tuesday; we're in for a walloping.
Maybe this mythical tide may be about to turn? Been waiting for Burnley to run out of steam with a high workrate and small squad. Maybe that happened this afternoon in training. They'll be ripe for a thrashing - trousers down, six of the best. :spank:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:26 pm

jaffka wrote:from talking to other fans and reading the other Bolton forums, there is a sense of dread approaching this game
The clarets at work can't wait for tomorrow night. :(
May the bridges I burn light your way

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:29 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
jaffka wrote:from talking to other fans and reading the other Bolton forums, there is a sense of dread approaching this game
Who knows what is going on behind the scenes at the moment but I would imagine that if BSA was in this situation he would have had someone trawl the boards for negative comments and been getting the siege mentality going with the odd even our own fans think we are shit.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:42 pm

jaffka wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Who knows what is going on behind the scenes at the moment but I would imagine that if BSA was in this situation he would have had someone trawl the boards for negative comments and been getting the siege mentality going with the odd even our own fans think we are shit.
If Freedman's right .... & I suspect he is for once .... that the players have no character and are easily knocked off kilter the last thing he needs is them reading this forum right now !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:46 pm

It'll probably snow too.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:55 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
jaffka wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
If Freedman's right .... & I suspect he is for once .... that the players have no character and are easily knocked off kilter the last thing he needs is them reading this forum right now !!
He is going to have to do something to get them fired up as they will be up for this and looking for a win.

gavlat2872
Promising
Promising

Post by gavlat2872 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:56 pm

This will be the game that kick starts our season. The "big result" thats been brewing.

DF's masterplan will fall into place and a team mixed with youth and experience will click and dominate the game.

90 minutes of hard work and technical wizardy.

7-1 us.

COYWM!!!!

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:59 pm

I was having a chat with some of mates today who support various championship clubs (Reading obviously, Leicester, Blackburn and Leeds) and they all seem convinced there is a sense of death about the Reebok and that we are slowly drifting into league 1, it will take time but I agree with them can see us falling in the relegation places having lost key games. I sure as hope I am not right but at moment we look unable to beat anybody home or away. Domed!
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:05 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:I was having a chat with some of mates today who support various championship clubs (Reading obviously, Leicester, Blackburn and Leeds) and they all seem convinced there is a sense of death about the Reebok and that we are slowly drifting into league 1, it will take time but I agree with them can see us falling in the relegation places having lost key games. I sure as hope I am not right but at moment we look unable to beat anybody home or away. Domed!

A change of manager would stop the decent down the league. We have more than enough to be up the top end of the league.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:24 pm

From the official site. They put the speech marks, I don't know what context it was said in, whether he was winking or had his fingers crossed. But he definitely said it

DOUGIE FREEDMAN: "We have got a model, and it is very similar to what Burnley have done since they came down from the Premier League. They have signed a lot of young and hungry players."

The similarities are obvious if you ignore the modern witchcraft that are league tables
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:26 pm

That's great Douglost.. Except those bastards feckin' play the young players they've signed.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

AbrahM
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by AbrahM » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:30 pm

ChrisC wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:I was having a chat with some of mates today who support various championship clubs (Reading obviously, Leicester, Blackburn and Leeds) and they all seem convinced there is a sense of death about the Reebok and that we are slowly drifting into league 1, it will take time but I agree with them can see us falling in the relegation places having lost key games. I sure as hope I am not right but at moment we look unable to beat anybody home or away. Domed!

A change of manager would stop the decent down the league. We have more than enough to be up the top end of the league.
It worked for Wolves

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:39 pm

AbrahM wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

It worked for Wolves
But hasn't worked out too badly for Blackburn, Derby & Middlesboro this year..
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:33 pm

AbrahM wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

It worked for Wolves
You mean the same Wolves that took on a shit manager and replaced him with another shite one from the league below? At least put some meat on the bones rather than sniping digs!

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:10 pm

No doubt some on here, were they Wolves fans, would've wanted to keep hold of Dean Saunders in the summer, in the name of stability. There's something to be said for realising you've made a terrible mistake.

Anyway, broadly speaking we've played better (or less worse) at home against the better sides, so I'm not expecting a drubbing. There's a positive thought for you.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:23 am

What will Duggie do tonight, spring a tactical surprise and go for an attacking lineup or persevere with the defensive midfield lineup to protect the back four that seldom works.

I think he will keep Bogdan in goal and cannot see him changing the back four.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:30 am

2 holding midfielders, Pratley in for Eagles and 451 with the world's biggest gap between them and a lone front man. I'm depressed already.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Norpig
Promising
Promising

Post by Norpig » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:33 am

Bijou Bob wrote:2 holding midfielders, Pratley in for Eagles and 451 with the world's biggest gap between them and a lone front man. I'm depressed already.
He will definitely be very cautious as usual so I am expecting a very defensive line up with as you say 2 DMs maybe Medo rather than although Pratley could play instead of Davies as he needs a rest. The one up front will be forced back to help the midfield. I expect we will get a shot in by around the 85th minute when it is all too late!!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:42 am

That clarets mad site has a possible stream, could do with our posters in places far away confirming if it's being shown.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:53 am

Danny Ings (24) and Sam Vokes (15) have scored more goals between them this season than the entire playing squad of BWFC (36). :hang:
May the bridges I burn light your way