Biggest game of the season - Brighton @ Home

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Biggest game of the season - Brighton @ Home

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:12 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Apparently Brighton have given Poyet permission to talk to Reading. Interesting move. Can't see it helping Brighton.
A little surprised by this (from Brighton's perspective), Poyet was on my list of "non-bogeyman" managers to have a punt at when we belatedly told Mr Coyle, not to let the door hit his ass on the way out.
Would Poyet go to a not quite doomed, but on the edge Reading?

I suppose he would see it as a bigger budget at a more established club.

I still think Brighton is a more exciting prospect though.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:17 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Apparently Brighton have given Poyet permission to talk to Reading. Interesting move. Can't see it helping Brighton.
A little surprised by this (from Brighton's perspective), Poyet was on my list of "non-bogeyman" managers to have a punt at when we belatedly told Mr Coyle, not to let the door hit his ass on the way out.
Would Poyet go to a not quite doomed, but on the edge Reading? I suppose he would see it as a bigger budget at a more established club. I still think Brighton is a more exciting prospect though.
Yeah, they've got yon Abramovich 2 geezer. He might think it's one step back (assuming Brighton go up and Reading go down) for two steps forward. But he'd have a job on his hands: ain't that easy getting promoted, even with a Premier League "established" club and a "better squad"... :?

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:24 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Yeah, I liked Poyet at the time too. He seems like a good manager, with an eye for talent and I like his style of football.

I suppose it depends on money. If the chairman of Reading can offer him a big transfer kitty, whether they stay up or go down, along with a big wage, I imagine he'd fancy it. It'd be a bonus for us.